< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is!  (Read 17849 times)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is!
« on: February 10, 2013, 01:31:59 AM »
PLEASE do NOT vote in this poll unless you ALREADY have a monthly donation set up through the "Donate" link.  Otherwise, you can click HERE to set one up and then come back and show your support for the NFOA by voting in the poll.

Ok...We have over 2,000 members on the NFOA forum alone and better than 7,000 full NFOA members.

We all joined the NFOA because of the important work the board selflessly does to protect our rights both locally and nationally.  If each of the forum members commits to $1 each month (ONLY $12 a year), that would be over $16,800 a year.  If every full NFOA member would commit to a measly dollar per month, the NFOA board would be able to do even more with better than $69,540 each year. That is JUST an average of $1 per person.  What if we can get the average up even higher?

Annual Revenue
                                           Forum                     All
Donation                           Members               Members
$2/mo ($24/year)             $33,600                $139,080
$5/mo ($60/year)             $84,000                $347,700
$10/mo ($120/year)       $168,000                $695,400
$20/mo ($240/year)       $336,000                $1,390,800

When I say "commit", I don't mean donate today with the intent of donating again each month.  What I mean is that we all set up a monthly donation.

Come on! You can afford to commit to donating something every month! $5, $10, $20...something!  Show your support for an organization that makes a difference.  Even if you can only afford $1 or $2 a month, then do it.  Anything you can donate will help protect our rights.

So are you all talk, or do you REALLY want to protect your 2nd Amendment rights?  Who's with me?!

Take a stand with the NFOA!

Fly
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:58:55 AM by OnTheFly »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Z3R0

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 08:41:59 AM »
Maybe alittle more info as to what all these donations will be used for might help people make that pledge.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 10:10:31 AM »
I would LOVE to donate some cash to the cause, but currently, my checking account is still on the mend since the Lincoln Women's Expo!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 07:19:41 PM »
I joined the NRA as a life member in 1991.  Because of this recent flap, I went looking for other gun lobby groups to also support,  and I joined the GOA as a life member a week ago.   Over the weekend, I found the Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep & Bear Arms, as a life member.   I also support Constitutional Sherriff's And Peace Officers Organization as of this weekend.

To say my plate is full might be a way to put it, but I promise I will join forces with you soon, as a supporting member.

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 07:32:51 PM »
Thanks, Fly.  I started a monthly donation today, after upgrading to a lifetime NRA membership.  So, I have upped my donations.  Now, up yours! haha  I couldn't resist
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 11:02:42 PM »
Thanks for the posts folks.  I appreciate that many of you support other national 2A groups.  Good for you! However, to put it bluntly, the NRA, CCRKBA, GOA, etc. will NOT give the attention to our local 2A issues that they will the national issues.  Yes, they will work on some of the local issues, but their attention is divided across the entire nation.  We need to also support a group that focuses on state issues.

I also appreciate financial woes and how tough times are.  However, I did not say that everyone needs to donate at or above a specific level.  If you can only afford $1 a month, then DO IT!  If you go shooting during the course of a month, shoot a few rounds less and give the difference to the NFOA.  If you are not destitute (and I DO understand hard financial times), then there HAS to be something you can donate.  Is $5 really going to break you?

Do you read the minutes from the monthly BoD meetings? In January 2013, the NFOA had just a little over $15,000 in the bank.  That may seem like a lot of money, but it is a piss poor budget for an expensive fight that we are asking the NFOA to wage.  What if we were averaging $2 each month per NFOA member?  We could hire a lobbyist (not sure if the NFOA can legally do that?) that could keep the pressure on our representatives full time as opposed to Andy and the rest of the Board members having to do it in their spare time while they are shirking off their family lives.

Bottom line.  These people fighting our fight need our support, and I don't mean a cheerleader squad.  So again...every single one of you out there.  You can't afford $2 per month? 

Fly

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 12:56:02 AM »
I am new to this forum, and to this association.  What battles are ahead for Nebraska gun rights? Apart from what is going on in Washington?

I have noticed over 200 sheriff's have told Obama to stick his gun grabbing ideas, but not one county in Nebraska has joined on.  Why?

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 01:27:07 PM »
I am new to this forum, and to this association.  What battles are ahead for Nebraska gun rights? Apart from what is going on in Washington?

I have noticed over 200 sheriff's have told Obama to stick his gun grabbing ideas, but not one county in Nebraska has joined on.  Why?

I noticed this about a month ago, but since then the NSA has joined the CSPOA in supporting LB 451 but I still only see one county listed under their members for Nebraska county sheriffs, http://cspoa.org/sheriffs-gun-rights/ On the other hand Lancaster County Sheriffs has this on their Homepage. http://lancaster.ne.gov/sheriff/media/media020713.pdf
Sounds like its time to start making some calls and get these guys involved.
Back to the point, thank you for the checks and balances there Fly, I am going to set up a low monthly payment this payday.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:37:35 PM by wusker »

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 02:14:58 PM »
im going to donate to thr NFOA PAF soon... just been too busy with the new child
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 10:55:11 PM »
Thank Goodness at least one county has been added to the list for Nebraska.  I will send that Sheriff a thank you letter. 

I noticed this about a month ago, but since then the NSA has joined the CSPOA in supporting LB 451 but I still only see one county listed under their members for Nebraska county sheriffs, http://cspoa.org/sheriffs-gun-rights/ On the other hand Lancaster County Sheriffs has this on their Homepage. http://lancaster.ne.gov/sheriff/media/media020713.pdf
Sounds like its time to start making some calls and get these guys involved.
Back to the point, thank you for the checks and balances there Fly, I am going to set up a low monthly payment this payday.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 11:59:26 PM »
Money.

Please tell me and everyone what is being done with funds given to this cause for the assault on my gun freedoms in 2013 as it pertains to Nebraska laws being molded to fit the second amendment.

I currently support several gun lobby groups as well as a couple Constitutional rights groups.  I have limited funds, as we all do, and i do not want to see what happened in NY to happen in NE.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 12:14:06 AM »
Gary,

I am not a BoD member, just a full NFOA member.  From my experience with the NFOA, they are not an organization like the NRA, SAF, etc. that bombard their members or potential members with requests for donations.  In light of this fact, I have taken it upon myself to start this post with absolutely no encouragement from the NFOA BoD or other members.

Since the NFOA BoD is not a group to pester you for money, I am guessing that they have chosen to refrain from commenting on this subject.  However, you may get an answer to your question if you started a post in the "NFOA Full Member Area" of the forum.  Perhaps they could describe what their future goals are.  At this point, with no real financial boom in sight, I am guessing that their current plans are very basic.  They may not have even discussed the possibilities if the time came that this membership financially supported the NFOA on a level such as I am suggesting.

Whether the NFOA has a current big budget plan or not is immaterial to me.  What I look at is how much they have accomplished with so little financial support.  What they HAVE had is level headed people with an unwavering passion for our common interests.

Fly

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 08:10:57 AM »
Thanks for the kick in the butt.  I just signed up for $10/month, and I've been donating every paycheck to NRA-ILA, SAF, etc.

I too would like to see a comprehensive plan from the Board of Directors, but I also understand they don't necessarily want to tip their hand to those who oppose us.  It's a balancing act, but maybe just a short statement to let the membership know where we're headed.  I know a LOT of time is spent lobbying the Legislature by Andy and Wesley, and that comes out of their own free time away from their day jobs.  For that, they have my heartfelt thanks.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 08:28:55 AM »
Thx bkoenig!

Fly

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 11:16:21 PM »
Bumpedy, bump, bump.

We are up to a whopping four people who are willing to fund the NFOA's efforts to protect our 2A rights by donating $1 or more per month.

If you have not signed up for a monthly contribution, PLEASE do so.  Even the smallest amount will help.  If you have already set up a monthly contribution, please vote in the poll so others will be aware of your support.

Fly
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:57:08 AM by OnTheFly »

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 07:02:59 AM »
I submitted mine yesterday. Had to wait for a monthly deposit to kick in and allow for a few days cushion. Can't believe so few folks have risen to the occasion.  :(
WØCHF

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 01:11:25 PM »
I submitted mine yesterday. Had to wait for a monthly deposit to kick in and allow for a few days cushion. Can't believe so few folks have risen to the occasion.  :(

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 06:38:58 PM »
Bottom line.  These people fighting our fight need our support, and I don't mean a cheerleader squad.  So again...every single one of you out there.  You can't afford $2 per month?

Count me in Fly

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 06:55:03 PM »
Hawt diggity dawg!  Six folks have vowed to support the NFOA with a monthly donation.  Thanks to all who are willing to play along with me.  As of this post there are 1,529 NFOA forum members.  This means 0.00392% of us are willing to put our money where our mouth is.

Anyone else?  Who is willing to shoot two less rounds of .45 each month so they can donate $2 (calculated using present day panic prices :() to fund our fight? 

Don't make me whine and beg!  I will if I need to.

Fly
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 10:59:47 PM by OnTheFly »

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 08:26:01 AM »
on the NRA-ILA money-bomb day, i donated to the NFOA PAF with a one time donation.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official