< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is!  (Read 17848 times)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is!
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 09:19:11 AM »
on the NRA-ILA money-bomb day, i donated to the NFOA PAF with a one time donation.

Thanks for that RobertH! However, that does not qualify you to be in our "Cool Members" group.  :laugh:  Seriously though...thanks for your support!

My point in starting this thread is that a small monthly donation may not appear to be worth anyone's time, but that seemingly insignificant commitment from each of us every month WILL make a substantial difference.   

In addition, while the NFOA BoD can not necessarily count on these funds as guaranteed revenue, it might help considerably with their expense planning.  Many of us who whole heartedly support the 2A likely make donations when our rights are being attacked such as we have seen in the last few months.  This does help, but it also undoubtedly puts the board (or at least predisposes them to being) behind the power curve.  That is not to say that the BoD is reactive to the issues.  On the contrary, they are proactive in staying on top of the issues and communicating with its members and our representatives.  However, we can not sit idly by and say "what have you done to fight for our rights today" while we fail to fully support them.  Whether that support is being actively hands on and/or monetary support.

Have you ever been on the BoD of a not-for-profit organization or community committee?  If so, you are well aware that you have many members expecting you to do all the work, support their beliefs, and fight for their interests.  To a large extent, these "supporting" members expect you to do all this without their physical, mental or monetary in nature. 

We can NOT be that membership.  The fight for our rights is occurring right now.  And by "now", I don't mean just our current political climate.  By "now" I am referring to every minute of every day.  Our fight does not end just because of who was elected into office.  There are always those who would completely strip us of our rights, or possibly more insidious, those who would compromise on our rights in the interest of being "reasonable".

So once again...$1, $2, or $5 per month?  You KNOW you can afford it, and it WILL make a difference.  Just do it!  Click HERE to do your part.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline WESchultz

• Powder Benefactor
  • ENGC & NMA
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 10:52:29 AM »
This ongoing monthly donation is really a good idea for ALL who wish to make sure the NFOA is a success. All organizations including the NFOA need a positive a cash flow in order to succeed. And, from what I've seen, the NFOA spends it's funds wisely. Even for those members who have only donated once or never donated, NOW is the time to reconsider. "WE ALL" should be financially supporting the NFOA, now more than ever.   ;D ;D ;D
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any!

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 03:05:51 PM »
Sorry about getting into this conversation a little late, but if you follow me over to the Member’s Only section, we can continue this discussion over there and the Board of Directors will try and answer some of the good questions that have been raised above: http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,8019

And don't worry Fly, I'm not trying to hijack the thread - at the end of my post over there, I've got a link coming back here to:

"Fly's Challenge for Freedom"   :laugh:

"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 03:40:24 PM »
Sorry about getting into this conversation a little late, but if you follow me over to the Member’s Only section, we can continue this discussion over there and the Board of Directors will try and answer some of the good questions that have been raised above: http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,8019

And don't worry Fly, I'm not trying to hijack the thread - at the end of my post over there, I've got a link coming back here to:

"Fly's Challenge for Freedom"   :laugh:

To Wes,

Thank you very much for that well thought out and articulate explanation of the past, present, and future of the NFOA.  Your post is an example of why I am happy with the NFOA and all it has done with so little because it demonstrates the caliber of people who VOLUNTEER to lead our organization.

To all the other NFOA members,

As new BoD members are elected, I am sure that we will be able to maintain the same level of devotion and quality that we have experienced in the past.  However, consider how much more pro-active our organization could be if properly funded.  It would take a mere pittance from each of us.

Fly

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 05:09:08 PM »
SEVEN...we now have 7 people in the cool group!  ;D

$1 = McDonalds dollar menu item
$2 = One Lincoln bus fare + $0.25
$5 = Starbucks foo-foo drink
Don't be a loser...Click HERE to be cool.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 10:58:24 PM by OnTheFly »

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »
So you firmly believe in 2A rights, but you can't commit to donating a little pocket change to support those who fight for your rights in your home state?

Seriously?!

Fly

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2013, 07:59:06 PM »
So you firmly believe in 2A rights, but you can't commit to donating a little pocket change to support those who fight for your rights in your home state?

Seriously?!

Well put Fly, you are the man ;D
Fly

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2013, 08:52:45 PM »
Well put Fly, you are the man  ;D
Fly

Thanks abbafandr!  I can honestly say that I thought this idea would gain steam much more quickly than it has.  I'm not sure if...
  • people are just THAT stingy
  • they think that $1-3 won't make a difference
  • they are putting it on the back burner to do later
  • they think the NFOA is doing good enough without a real budget
Honestly, it just amazes me that we all joined this organization because of our kindred belief in the 2A, but very few of us are really willing to support those who are protecting our rights.

Folks! Posting on pro-gun forums about how much you believe in the 2A is NOT GOING TO CHANGE A DING DONG THING.  We NEED to take the fight to our legislature, and IMHO, we are asking WAY too much of the NFOA without financially supporting them.

Quit talking big about your rights and donate HERE to ACTUALLY support the fight!

Fly

Offline Jutty

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 07:26:38 PM »
Finally set it up (procrastinator) because I am quitting smoking, so I figured that money should go to good causes.  ;D

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 08:17:51 PM »
Finally set it up (procrastinator) because I am quitting smoking, so I figured that money should go to good causes.  ;D

Jutty,

1) Good for you for kicking the habit!  I have watched too many people die a slow horrible death because of those things.  Just my humble opinion...don't flame me on this.

2) Your commitment FAR exceeds what is necessary.  Do it while you can.  However, if it becomes a burden, DON'T stop the donation, just change it to a smaller monthly amount.  Like I have been relentlessly droning on about, $1-3 per month from EACH of us will make a huge difference.

3) You have just joined the elite group of individuals who not only talk about their rights, but who also make a concerted effort to defend those rights.  Thank you!

Ok ladies and gentlemen.  We now have a total of 8 patriots.  Who's will can I break next?  ;D

Click HERE and I will give you praise too.

Fly
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:00:42 PM by OnTheFly »

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »
Another reason to donate
Have you noticed under some of the forum user names it says "xxxx Benefactor" such as "Steel Benefactor"?  This indicates the level of donations the member has made to the NFOA.  Below are the levels of Benefactors.

Benefactor        Annual                     Monthly
    Level            Donation               Commitment

PLATINUM       OVER   $10k          ($834 and up/ month)
GOLD              OVER   $5k            ($417-833/month)
SILVER            OVER   $2.5k         ($209-416/month)
BRONZE          OVER    $1k           ($83-208/month)
COPPER          $500-$1000           ($42-83/month)
BRASS             $300-500              ($16-41/month)
LEAD               $100-300              ($9-15/month)
STEEL              $50-100                ($5-8/month)
POWDER           $10-50                 ($1-4/month)

So when other forum members read your posts about how important the 2A is, they will know that you back your words with action.

If you can't find the giant "DONATE NOW!" link at the top of most of the forum pages, then you can click HERE to set up that monthly donation.

Fly
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:48:03 AM by OnTheFly »

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 03:51:31 PM »
You can count me in for $5 a month.  I would really like to see LB451 passed.  It would be nice to see concealed carry go into the state constitution, like hunting did, so no one could mess with it in the future.

Long time member of the NRA
Member of The Second Amendment Foundation
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 04:57:13 PM »
You can count me in for $5 a month.  I would really like to see LB451 passed.  It would be nice to see concealed carry go into the state constitution, like hunting did, so no one could mess with it in the future.

Long time member of the NRA
Member of The Second Amendment Foundation

NINE MONTHLY DONATIONS!

Welcome aboard farmer bob, and THANK YOU for supporting the fight for our rights.  Make sure you express your desires on LB451 to your fellow forum members, the NFOA BoD, AND your state senators.  We need to hit them from all sides.

Ok folks...farmberbob has been here for only a couple of months and he sees the logic in my plea for financial support.  Why is it the rest of you can't see my sheer shear :-[ genius?

Fly
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 10:58:46 PM by OnTheFly »

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 06:27:31 PM »
I am giddy like a school girl!  We now have TEN monthly donators to the NFOA.  It warms the cockles of my heart to see this slowly grow.

Only ten monthly donations and we have already set up the NFOA to receive $1,200.  That will be money well spent.

BATTER UP!

Fly
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 10:58:58 PM by OnTheFly »

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 06:27:31 PM »
shear genius?

Fly, didn't pass' hukd on fonics'? :laugh:

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 06:32:44 PM »

Fly, didn't pass' hukd on fonics'? :laugh:

Oops!  I really do talk Amercun bettr n at.

Fly

Offline Hank

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 08:18:33 PM »
The way I see it...lol
There are many members here that put in a good deal of their personal time to make this forum work.
They will help keep us informed of matters important to us (legislation/laws), informed of those people in office who are for us and those against. They will attend meetings/discussions (Point Blank for example) and be there to represent US and our views on matters relating to our 2A rights.
Sometimes I may be able to attend such events, but other times I might be wrenching on a car, riding my MC, or spending time at the reloading bench...time with my kids, etc.
Besides these things mentioned, I also look at the forum as a place to ask questions, share views on various discussion (I always keep an open mind) ...just the entertainment factor alone is worth something.
look what it cost go to a movie, out to dinner, summer vacation, fill your gas tank(oh the pain),
now look at a box of ammo, an entry level pistol, a entry level MSR,
I feel a small donation will go a loooong ways to help preserve things important to me.
when I learned that a NFOA member would be at the Point Blank discussion, well ALLRIGHT THEN let me help this organisation out a little.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 10:26:53 PM »
Well said Hank, and welcome aboard.  You can officially call yourself a "Cool Kid".

Fly

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 10:51:30 PM »
Many of you may be wondering, "What do I get in return for my monthly donation?".

Well, to start, you get awesome representation protecting your Second Amendment rights on the state AND federal level.  For ONLY a few dollars a month, less than the price of a latte, you have the satisfaction of knowing that you are doing your part to give the NFOA Board of Directors the ammunition required to continue the fight for our rights.

You get to vote in this thread and strut your support of this important cause. 

When you are out meeting other NFOA members, you can proudly declare "I AM IN THE CLUB!  ARE YOU?!".  Well...you don't have to annoy people like I do, but we could come up with a secret handshake.

Fly

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2013, 11:15:19 PM »
There are 1,564 members on the NFOA forum and we have ten members who have committed.  That is a minuscule 0.00639386189258%.  NOT EVEN one tenth (0.10) of one percent, BUT we have already raised $1,200 over the next year.

Come on people! Can you NOT see the power of this idea?! A donation that won't mean !$%# out of your budget will do incredible things for our rights.

Fly