< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Tip leads police to drugs, 63 guns - Omaha  (Read 1674 times)

Offline XDHusker

• NFOA Full Member
Tip leads police to drugs, 63 guns - Omaha
« on: February 13, 2013, 12:39:23 PM »
http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news/Tip-leads-police-to-drugs-63-guns/-/9674510/18529220/-/dlugr9z/-/index.html?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=ketv%2Bnewswatch%2B7

Mental note, when growing illegal drugs in your house please remove your firearm collection first.  /facepalm
Based on the limited information it appears his guns were all legally owned, but the fact that he was growing pot gives them the right to confiscate all of his guns.  I actually have mixed feelings about that because the guns had nothing to do with his crime.
USN 91-97, USS Chandler DDG-996

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Tip leads police to drugs, 63 guns - Omaha
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 01:07:05 PM »
From the WOWT site..  Pretty much the same information..

=======
Drugs, Guns & Child Neglect

David & Cynthia Allen Arrrested..

When police received a tip that there was some illegal activity going on at 2745 Wyoming Street, it appears the tipster was right. After obtaining a search warrant, officers arrested a couple and booked them for a variety of crimes involving drugs, guns & child neglect.

Police entered the home at 7:30 am Tuesday.

Officers found a marijuana growing operation inside the home, various controlled substances, 63 firearms, and one child. The child was placed into protective custody.

Cynthia Allen was booked for possession of methamphetamine and child neglect. David Allen was booked for manufacturing marijuana, possession of a firearm while manufacturing narcotics, and child neglect.

A third adult who was present was not arrested.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 02:06:55 PM »
63 firearms!! Wow... Where would you put them all?

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 05:39:14 PM »
63 firearms!!
:o
Oh I'm sure i could fine some place to store them  ;D.....hell i'd buy 2 or 3 new safes to hold them all in. :laugh:
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 05:49:33 PM »
Confiscation of the firearms goes mostly along with controlled substances stuff.

Why are legally owned guns are mentioned in the story is beyond me (other than agenda pushing).
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 06:06:06 PM »
Well  they were legal .......till they raided his home.  ::)

They didn't say where they kept the guns at in the home either.

They might have been mostly locked up before the raid.
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 06:24:32 PM »
Unrelated to the gun charges...I was scrolling through the mug shots ("See Who Got Arrested" link) to see if any of my relatives were in there, and saw several people who were charged with "Theft by unlawful taking".  Now I am sure there is some reasonable explanation for this term, but come on! Does this term make sense to anyone besides attorneys?  Doesn't theft = unlawful taking? Maybe it is like some of the laws for murder.  It is illegal to kill someone, but it is super duper illegal to kill someone with a gun.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 08:58:17 PM »
Well, IIRC there is theft by robbery, (like armed robbery), burglary (no one home) deception (scams) etc....but theft by unlawful taking does sound like saying the same thing twice.

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 09:00:27 PM »
Unrelated to the gun charges...I was scrolling through the mug shots ("See Who Got Arrested" link) to see if any of my relatives were in there, and saw several people who were charged with "Theft by unlawful taking".  Now I am sure there is some reasonable explanation for this term, but come on! Does this term make sense to anyone besides attorneys?  Doesn't theft = unlawful taking? Maybe it is like some of the laws for murder.  It is illegal to kill someone, but it is super duper illegal to kill someone with a gun.

Fly

Also, there is "regular" murder, then there is "hate crime" murder which is extra super illegal, way beyond plain ol' murder.

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 10:13:29 PM »
Also, there is "regular" murder, then there is "hate crime" murder which is extra super illegal, way beyond plain ol' murder.

What about the "He needed killin'..." kind of murder?   That's a sound defense in Texas !! ::)

Offline cckyle

• NFOA Full Member
  • KD0MKS
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 01:01:31 AM »
Quote from: UPCrawfishlink=topic=7758.msg54891#msg54891 date=1360815209
What about the "He needed killin'..." kind of murder?   That's a sound defense in Texas !!

Hey that's good enough for Obama

Offline LM4202

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 02:46:30 AM »
I actually have mixed feelings about that because the guns had nothing to do with his crime.

You have mixed feelings?  Seriously?  Wow. 

Offline sidearm1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 11:26:19 AM »
I don't think there is enough information here to determine if they were "legal" guns or guns traded for drugs.  Once the tracking get done, they will have a better idea. 

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 12:48:22 PM »
Hey that's good enough for Obama

Haha that's great!

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 02:31:16 PM »
Once the tracking get done, they will have a better idea.

I dunno if to laugh or cry
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 10:15:49 PM »
Think of all the money the city could raise if they held an auction for those guns the same way they do seized vehicles...