< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: GSSF Nebraska Match  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
GSSF Nebraska Match
« on: May 15, 2009, 06:09:09 AM »
If you are interested in shooting at the GSSF match (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation) match in Grand Island on June 13th or 14th, please get your registration form filled out ASAP and get it in to GSSF. Registrations really need to get in by the end of May.

www.gssfonline.com

The Heartland Shooting park in Grand Island went to the trouble of getting Glock to bring a match here to Nebraska, so we really want to show Glock that we support them coming here. Many of you have already heard my story, but if you haven't.... I approached GSSF several years back to bring a match to Nebraska and was basically told to forget it because they didn't think we could draw the numbers. Lets prove them wrong!!! (The Lincoln Rock Your Glock matches were then born on the ride back from the Halsville MO match where GSSF shot me down. We decided we would start our own matches since they wouldn't bring one here).

The great thing about the real GSSF match is they give away several brand new pistols (yes Glocks), as well as many other prizes. (Not only for top finishers, but random prizes as well). Glock also has an armorer on hand at the match that will completely go through your pistols and magazines and replace anything that needs to be replaced for FREE. GSSF also has a category just for Law Enforcement/Military/Firefighters to compete against each other.

NOW to get some good practice in the week before the GSSF match, we will have a Rock Your Glock match at the Lincoln Izaak Walton the Saturday before Grand Island (June 6th).  http://rockyourglock.tripod.com

Please help spread the word and make this a successful match! Pass this on to other shooters, and those of you in Law Enforcement, please spread the word at your Department!

Thanks!

Chris Zeeb

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: GSSF Nebraska Match
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 04:12:57 PM »
I have my GSSF application printed and ready to mail, I'm just waiting on a reply e-mail from GSSF regarding "Challenger" class. 

I'll be there with my Baby Glock.  If any NFOA members would like to meet up after the match in GI for an early supper, let me know.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 07:22:27 AM »
Don't wait for GSSF to email you back. You might miss the next few years matches!!!! Call them   ;D

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 06:38:54 PM »
They e-mailed me this morning.  For those who are curious, according to them, you qualify for Challenger class if you are receiving disability payments from the government. 

NRA Life Member.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 11:59:39 AM »
Where is the AAR???
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 01:20:33 PM »
Where is the AAR???

I didn't come in last!  Woohoo!!!!

I did place in the bottom 25% of all three classes I shot in though. 

I had a blast and would do it again.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 10:35:46 PM »
And we got free tips from the "Masters" at Dinner!!!!!!

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 10:45:03 PM »
Well, since I had ATA trap the weekend before and after I had to make a judgement call  and not attend. My son couldn't attend as his wife is ready to POP with a boy any day now. I hope we had a good enough showing to keep it coming back
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 11:00:29 PM »
Glock was very happy with the turn out for the first match. About 140 entries. Chris Edwards from Glock said they will be back next year..... And I assured him we will have over 200 entries next year.

More than 210 means 3 free random guns will be given away!!!!

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 01:29:49 AM »
Thanks for the update.
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 09:06:38 PM »
And we got free tips from the "Masters" at Dinner!!!!!!

I have a pile of dimes on the dresser!  :)
NRA Life Member.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 10:16:17 PM »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 07:08:33 AM »
Sweet! I won a random Glock knife!

Brandon Halvorson from Lincoln (A Rock Your Glock shooter) won the membership Free Pistol!

Dave Griffith (A Rock Your Glock Range Officer) won Am. Civilian (with his G17 he won at RYG two years ago!) A 1911 guy, he now will own TWO Glocks!

Dennis Kirchhoff (RYG RO) won Match Meister with his competition score!

Guy Griffith (RYG RO) won 2nd place in Master Unlimited. Also won $100 for 2nd place Amateur Competition, and a random Glock knife

Rich Ballas (NFOA Board Member) random Glock knife
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 07:18:37 AM by Chris Z »

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 08:14:50 AM »
I won a knife???  Sweet!  I had no idea.

I guess they mail it to me?
NRA Life Member.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 03:38:12 PM »
They will likely mail it to you..... Don't know for sure I haven't ever won one either.

Just be aware Glock doesn't always do things fast, so if you get it within a couple months be happy!

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 11:17:14 AM »
They will likely mail it to you..... Don't know for sure I haven't ever won one either.

Just be aware Glock doesn't always do things fast, so if you get it within a couple months be happy!

It came in the mail yesterday.  This is the Glock knife that looks like a bayonet, not some chinese made folder with GLOCK stamped on the side.

It's pretty damn big, sharp too.  The sheath is a bit tight though.  I paid $110 for a $30 knife.  ;)  I've never won anything before.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 07:21:09 PM »
Got mine the other day as well! They are nice. You have to pull the little clip back in the front of the sheath to release the knife easier.

I got the Desert tan one, which is cool since I already have the black one with the saw serrations