< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Bad news  (Read 1357 times)

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor

A-FIXER

Re: Bad news
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 06:51:11 PM »
I don't really take this as bad news but quite the opposite and cheerful outlook of We The People... it seems that they the white house has woke the sleeping giant...

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 08:24:26 PM »
It's bad in that if it does come to an armed conflict that there will be a terrible loss of life and other such stuff.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 08:26:49 PM »
I read somewhere that in Iraq US soldiers used about 100,000,000 rounds per year in combat, above and beyond that used in training. The DHS & other INTERNAL  agencies have  order over 1.5 Billion rounds of .40 cal ammo. which would keep them in ammo at Iraq combat levels for 15 years!   I have no doubt that the DHS is also planning for war ... and you don't have to be a genius to figure out who  the  "enemy" is.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 08:40:40 PM »
I would be interested to know how many rounds DHS etc use every year for training.  IIRC the Coast Guard is considered part of DHS during peace time, and I bet they use a lot.  The Border Patrol probably uses a ton too.

A-FIXER

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 08:45:53 PM »
I read somewhere that in Iraq US soldiers used about 100,000,000 rounds per year in combat, above and beyond that used in training. The DHS & other INTERNAL  agencies have  order over 1.5 Billion rounds of .40 cal ammo. which would keep them in ammo at Iraq combat levels for 15 years!   I have no doubt that the DHS is also planning for war ... and you don't have to be a genius to figure out who  the  "enemy" is.

Ok here is another thought, most recently you have that Waco LA cop and he was 1 man.......................
now what must be put in perspective is this if it took hundreds of LEO'S to do a search manhunt/air/land/amphobious  and it took 7 days, for 1 and I mean 1 man and were extended to the limits, overtime mutiple shifts Cost and LEO who sadly lost their lives.... REALLY DO THEY WANT TO SHAKE UP THE WHOLE COUNTRY OF AMERICA..... as stated they better really consider WHAT EXACTLY IS AT STAKE HERE I guess I may not know what I'm talking about and would not be the first time!!

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 10:10:57 PM »
I've started to wonder if this ammo buy-up isn't the DHS/DoD response to the possibility of sequester cuts coming down the line. Could they be putting in massive orders now because they foresee getting spending approval later as difficult?

A-FIXER

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 10:13:10 PM »
hummmmm thats a thought.

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 10:19:06 PM »
I've started to wonder if this ammo buy-up isn't the DHS/DoD response to the possibility of sequester cuts coming down the line. Could they be putting in massive orders now because they foresee getting spending approval later as difficult?

This does not explain all on the .22 rim fire ammo buy ups though.
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 10:21:53 PM »

Heh that's probably just all of us "gun nuts" 8)

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 10:32:18 PM »
It is funny, as I have considered the concept of an assualt weapons ban as a way to make arms more affordable to government agencies. Consider what civilians are willing to pay for an AR-15 and what they are paying at current prices these days....and the government can't afford new guns.  Ban certain firearms to the public and suddenly government cost drops...just a thought.

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 07:20:58 AM »
It is funny, as I have considered the concept of an assualt weapons ban as a way to make arms more affordable to government agencies. Consider what civilians are willing to pay for an AR-15 and what they are paying at current prices these days....and the government can't afford new guns.  Ban certain firearms to the public and suddenly government cost drops...just a thought.
That doesnt make any sense. When you widen your audience, prices go down. When the mil came out with GPS, prices were insane. Now look at the prices. Also, last I read, the military pays under $600 for Colt and FN M4s

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 08:38:35 AM »
It doesn't make sense in the long term. but since when (in recent history) has the gubmit looked to the long term picture. 
In a short term scenario it would make sense.  Talk about banning guns, everyone runs out and buys, demand skyrockets, companies go full throttle building guns and ammo.  At the right moment sign the ban legislation into law.  Now Dealers/ distributors/ manufacturers have stock in process that can't be sold to the public. They will be willing to sell off at what ever the LEO/Military/Gov will pay. And as for a confiscation? Do you really believe they would crush all these guns?  I see them (maybe) keeping the AR style and selling the SKS/ AK to Obummer's friends in the Middle East and Mexico.

(or it could just be my tin hat talking again ;) )
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Mudnrox

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 03:09:30 PM »

Sequester cuts. where is there any cut in spending??

The sequester cuts would mean that instead of 8-10% increase, they get about 6-8% increase... about 2-3% less.

A-FIXER

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 04:05:24 PM »

Quote from: A-FIXER on Yesterday at 10:13:10 PM

The sequester cuts would mean that instead of 8-10% increase, they get about 6-8% increase... about 2-3% less.
[/quote]

That's not my quote but RedDot's and from what I understand you Mudnrox are very close to the differences but to the left it will cause starvation of the elderly, and children.... which are lies lies lies.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 04:57:40 PM »

What you are indirectly referring to is a financial collapse.   If that occurs a lot things will be difficult to get.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 06:31:54 PM »

Trade items for SHTF situations
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 07:09:37 PM »
That doesnt make any sense. When you widen your audience, prices go down. When the mil came out with GPS, prices were insane. Now look at the prices. Also, last I read, the military pays under $600 for Colt and FN M4s

Don't know where you have shopped for AR stuff lately, but ban scare has no parts anywhere, mags at triple and more cost, $600 guns for $1800 and up. The audience widened and prices went up due to limited supply and high demand. The gun manufacturers would like to take advantage of that increased demand but will suffer risk if the demand should suddenly drop. If AR's are banned, instant demand limit. If the government is the only one left to buy, manufactures would compete with that one demand.

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 10:09:11 PM »
Don't know where you have shopped for AR stuff lately, but ban scare has no parts anywhere, mags at triple and more cost, $600 guns for $1800 and up. The audience widened and prices went up due to limited supply and high demand. The gun manufacturers would like to take advantage of that increased demand but will suffer risk if the demand should suddenly drop. If AR's are banned, instant demand limit. If the government is the only one left to buy, manufactures would compete with that one demand.

Prices didnt go up for distributors, just went up at ****ty retailers.