< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: HR 2159  (Read 959 times)

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
HR 2159
« on: May 17, 2009, 02:57:49 PM »
Just got done emailing Johanns, Smith and Nelson. I expressed my "unhappiness" with Legislative Bill H.R. 2159 that was introduced by Rep. Peter King R-NY that states "H.R. 2159 is introduced to increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny transfer of a firearm to a known or suspected dangerous terrorist". I believe we have laws in place already to check background!! What other kind of terrorist is there?? I don't think they're trying to sell you encyclopedias!! Of course they're dangerous!!! also, the bill says "The Attorney General may deny the transfer of a firearm if the Attorney General determines the transferee is known (or appropriately suspected) to be or have been engaged in conduct constituting, in preparation for, in aid of, or related to terrorism, or providing material in support therof, and the Attorney General has a reasonable belief that the prospective transferee may use a firearm in connection with terrorism."
This is rediculous!!  The AG can break out his magic curling iron and wave it in the air and state that any gun-owner is suspect and thus our ability to purchase/own firearms is null and void!! Good-bye 2nd amendment!!!

I urge all readers to look at this bill and contact our Senators and Representatives!! I already sent emails and urge you all to do the same!! We CANNOT let this legislation move forward!!

Thanks! Glock 1
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:59:58 PM by Glock 1 »
"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and never apologize for anything." - Harry Truman
Politics is made up of 2 words. 'Poli' meaning 'many' in Latin. 'tics' meaning 'bloodthirsty creatures'.

Offline whammy

• Forum Member
Re: HR 2159
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 01:55:59 PM »