< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Add Spike's Tactical to the list!  (Read 2848 times)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Add Spike's Tactical to the list!
« on: February 18, 2013, 02:16:16 PM »
http://www.spikestactical.com/salesinformation.html

"Updated Policy for State and Local Law Enforcement Agency Sales:

In light of the recent and numerous anti-gun and anti-2nd Amendment laws pending across the Nation, Spike’s Tactical will be joining other manufacturers and distributors and limiting the business we do in states that have limited the right to keep and bear arms for their citizens.

As of today, it will be our policy not to sell prohibited items to law enforcement agencies, government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We urge other companies to join in support.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Add Spike's Tactical to the list!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 02:20:26 PM »
I wonder when the powers that be will start to feel the sting of this?
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 02:26:37 PM »
I wonder when the powers that be will start to feel the sting of this?

Realistically, not until the big boys like Colt, S&W, and Glock step up.  Here's hoping they'll do what's right.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 02:28:53 PM »
This is true.  Can you imagine the sound of butts puckering if Glock said "Sorry, no guns for you" :D
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 03:08:55 PM »
We need ammo manufacturers to do this
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 03:09:51 PM »

A-FIXER

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 04:09:46 PM »
not to sell prohibited items

Should read no items

Can you imagine the sound of butts puckering

Well, they already have contracts signed so in a few words, they are still going to eat however we need to know EXACTLY which ammo mfg's are providing and then as a collective ensure they know the national comsumers will stand together against the policy's they once held and close them.

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 04:15:37 PM »
With all the gvt ammo purchases, I think they are basically trying to make our firearms useless without ammo.  We might have more effect if we could get the ammo manufacturers to do the same thing the firearm manufacturers are doing, but further, to say that with each passing of anti-second amendment legislation, they increase production for civilian distribution only and further, will not enter into any further contracts with any government entity that does so.  Just an idea...
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline bburen

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 04:33:47 PM »
Seems like more and more big names are stepping up to the plate! ;D

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 04:44:48 PM »
And companies need to pull out of oppressive states like Magpul is threatening in CO. Springfield moving out of Illinois would be a good start.
We also need ammo suppliers to jump on this.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:54:13 PM by 00BUCK »

A-FIXER

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 05:22:40 PM »
Could it be this is the only answer the Belly not speak with forked tongue
We might have more effect if we could get the ammo manufacturers to do the same thing the firearm manufacturers are doing

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 05:36:10 PM »
Could it be this is the only answer the Belly not speak with forked tongue

Huh? Not sure I am pickin up what your layin down.

A-FIXER

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 05:42:36 PM »
You speak truth!

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 05:55:54 PM »
Oh.  thanks for putting the cookies on the bottom shelf for us

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 11:45:55 AM »
Oh.  thanks for putting the cookies on the bottom shelf for us

Hahahaha, gig, you have some of the best one liners ever.  Just sayin...

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »
For the last month I've been scouring the web and local gun shops for primer, bullets and powder.  I managed to get 8lbs of Titegroup from Powder Valley a week ago, but the next day they were sold out of that and just aboue everything else every since.

I was at Acher Arms this morning and the guy there said that the manufacturers are releasing to the distributors but the distributors are selling only to the highest bidders on the online auctions, where ever they are.   That's how they explained charging $9.99 for a box of 50 .22LR.

Anyway, I don't believe that "panic" buying by citizens is accounting for the nearly total dry  up of all aspects  of the ammo AND component shortage.   Over the last 10 months the Feds placed orders for about 1.6 BILLION rounds of small arms ammo (9mm, .40, etc).   During the Iraq war the annual consumption of small arms ammo by our  armed forces totaled to around 100 million rounds a year.   The Feds are purchasing enough ammo to wage an Iraqi type war for the next 15 years!

I have mentioned this before, asking who it was they were going to make war on?   Over the last few days it dawned it me that they are waging an economic war on those who own and shoot guns.   Basically, if you can't buy any ammo, or just very small amounts sporadically, your guns are worthless, and so  is the 2A.  The Feds have found a way around the 2A by making ammo scarce using their purchasing power to tie up the entire ammo manufacturing and supply chain.   The Feds don't have to shoot that much ammo.  Just stack it in warehouses and seal  them up.  It could take several years to produce that much ammo and there isn't anything preventing them from making another big order when  the last one is almost filled, thus keeping the ammo supply in constant shortage or non-existent.   Obama is a smart person, probably one of the most clever people to occupy the Whitehouse since Reagan.   This is the kind of trickery he would think up.

Bottom line: it could be November before supplies loosen up, if they loosen at all.   The guy at Acher's isn't even sure there will be adequate supplies of ammo any time this year.    NO ONE but the Feds and the ammo makers know.   A question arises:  "What about foreign ammo makers and importing of ammo from them?"   In a free market place they could step  in and fill the demand.  What's keeping them from doing that?   Feds?

Only those who have been  preppers or wealthy enough to buy ammo in bricks or case loads amounts will have ammo.  Normally, they would use their stash to do some target  practicing or even hunting, but replace their supply.    Now, will they even hunt at all and limit their target practice  to the bare minimum because they can't easily replace or even reload their spent ammo?

Have we been snookered?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:40:49 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 04:32:22 PM »
Personally, from my experience in the past talking to the folks at Acher, I would take anything they say with a grain of salt. 

I think there are a multitude of causes behind the current shortage.  Government buying probably contributes, but when online retailers get in a few thousand rounds and sell out within minutes I'm pretty sure we are doing this to ourselves. 

Now, when it comes to reloading components, I do believe there is an actual shortage of product available to consumers.  Not necessarily because of any conspiracy, but because every available primer, case, bullet, and grain of powder is going to the ammunition manufacturers.

A-FIXER

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 07:48:46 PM »
bk, so GG is close to it then.

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

A-FIXER

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 02:23:32 PM »
In short, Americans need not worry that ArmaLite is selling to those who betray them.
So let it be said, so let it be done.....

;D just unloaded my  Armalite .308 AR to someone who wanted it for along time, I will not buy another ever....