< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Syria  (Read 653 times)

A-FIXER

Syria
« on: February 18, 2013, 05:27:59 PM »
News just said the rebels terrorist just took an Air field not they have air power..... ???

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Syria
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 06:35:57 PM »
Taking an airfield does not confer air power- pilots, planes and support crew are needed for that.

It does deny that airfield to the .gov, though.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 07:00:55 PM »
If one does a little historical investigation, the rebels trying to take over Syria are no better than the bilge that is currently running the country.  In short, there are those in the know who suggest let them destroy each other then clean up the aftermath....

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 07:22:51 PM »
Taking an airfield does not confer air power- pilots, planes and support crew are needed for that.

It does deny that airfield to the .gov, though.

Exactly... Do you really think any of these jokers could make it down the runway in a MiG?  :laugh:

I remember a news report from Libya where as the reporter is giving his report on how rebels were using captured weapons to fight the govt while in the background two guys are preparing to fire some sort of rocket launcher. You watch one guy sitting at firing controls while the second loads a rocket into one of the tubes. After slamming it home he jumps out of the way and trigger-man yells out and starts jerking on something I assume was the firing mechanizism...nothing happens. Loader re-enters the picture, pulls the rocket back out of the tube and TURNS IT AROUND 180 DEGREES then slams it back into the tube! :o   Made me wonder whether arming these rebels with sophisticated weaponry might not be an altogether bad thing.  ;)