< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: ENGC or other shooting ranges (omaha area)  (Read 1343 times)

Offline bigmountainskiercfg

• Forum Member
ENGC or other shooting ranges (omaha area)
« on: February 18, 2013, 09:45:15 PM »
I am trying to find a shooting range close to Omaha.  The Council Bluffs pistol range isn't accepting new members and the ENGC induction debriefing is tomorrow.  Who has gone to them and about how long does it take?  They said the new member briefing is about 30 minutes but.. they have a member monthly meeting before hand.  Is this one of the better ranges around Omaha for a poor college student who will get out once or twice a month to shoot?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:54:16 PM by bigmountainskiercfg »

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
Re: ENGC or other shooting ranges (omaha area)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 10:05:36 PM »
For ENGC, the meeting most likely won't kick off right at 7. The meeting is held, then new member signed up. The last one I went to when a friend signed up got over about 8:00 or so. With over 100 new people signing up it took another 40 minutes or so to get everyone processed. I wouldn't plan on being out of there before 8:30.

ENGC is a great range, the hours are really unbeatable, basically dawn to dusk. Even with a busy match schedule you won't go there and not have at least one range option to shoot from. It is busy on the weekends but evenings are usually pretty open.

After paying the initiation fee, the yearly dues come out to $10 a month - less than one trip to most any indoor range in town.

600 yard range with berms at 100,200,300, 400, 500 and 600.
300 meter range with berms at 50, 100, 200, and 300.
100 yard range with berms at 50 and 100
7 pistol bays, one of which is very large that they use for cowboy action.

IMO you just can't beat this range, or the cost.

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 10:22:49 AM »
Ya, I've been out there twice.  Extremely nice facility.  Just a little pricey for the first year, but sounds like it will be well worth it in the long run. 

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 11:38:19 AM »
The price is well worth membership.  It is $10/month after the membership fee.  The fee isn't that bad, although if feels like it at the time.  It is one of the best ranges I've ever been to.  If you think about the fees for other ranges or indoor ranges, you'd easily spend more than what you will spend at ENGC within the first couple of visits.

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 12:18:18 PM »
I got a membership last night.  There were 167 new memberships and 1600 current members.  A very large crowd, look forward to meeting some of them and hopefully having time to shoot on the weekends. 

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 01:45:38 PM »
Welcome!  I was at the meeting last night, too. :)   I go every month.   Come out & enjoy the range!

Offline M7025-06

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 04:17:56 PM »
I signed up the other night too. I was hoping to get out there tomorrow but I think the snow squashed that idea. 

Been out there a couple of times and it's a very nice range.  Well worth $10 a month.

NRA Member