< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Civi targets  (Read 1547 times)

Offline shovelhead69

• NFOA Full Member
To accuse a man for the sake of drama is a cowardly timid man's work (Rick)

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: Civi targets
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 01:28:18 PM »
http://www.infowars.com/dhs-supplier-provides-shooting-targets-of-american-gun-owners/

Can't get to the LE Targets website.  It must be overloaded from the traffic generated by the article(s).  I've been buying targets from them for years.  Their photo-realistic targets are excellent training tools.  The "No More Hesitation" moniker is certainly interesting.  I can see the potentially more innocuous value of the targets - training military and LE to look at what is in the hands of a potential threat rather than at their face or other physical characteristics.

Still, with everything else going on, releasing these targets at this particular time (I've never seen them on LE Targets' website before) sends a chill down one's spine.

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 02:01:30 PM »
I dont see a problem with any of those targets. And frankly, its about time. You should be prepared to identify and fight against any lethal threat, regardless of its appearance.

I have personally spoken with an LEO who was forced to shoot a pregnant lady. And I have a good friend on OPD who had to shoot a 15 year old who was trying to murder him with a gun. Both "non traditional" threats.

Trying to make this out as some training device meant to brainwash LE/Military to shoot innocent armed civilians is a bit of a reach. 

- Shawn
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 02:19:05 PM by sjwsti »
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 02:07:29 PM »
Following what Shawn mentions another part of LEO training is to put them into shoot / no shoot situations.  Those could include having a no shoot target that is armed when a homeowner or CCW holder calls police about a crime where they are holding a suspect.  These target have multiple uses and the instructions given can make a difference in how the are used.

But I also see the hesitation in support of these targets, it is chilling to think that an officer needs to be prepared to shoot in these situations.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 02:39:03 PM »
I can image the ****storm that would ensue if civilians were found  using LEO or mil images for training targets
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 02:40:27 PM »
I dont see a problem with any of those targets. And frankly, its about time. You should be prepared to identify and fight against any lethal threat, regardless of its appearance.

I have personally spoken with an LEO who was forced to shoot a pregnant lady. And I have a good friend on OPD who had to shoot a 15 year old who was trying to murder him with a gun. Both "non traditional" threats.

Trying to make this out as some training device meant to brainwash LE/Military to shoot innocent armed civilians is a bit of a reach. 

- Shawn
I know, right? I can totally see the situation where an old, robe wearing lady,  needs to be shot by an LEO.

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 03:36:40 PM »
Thats the point of these types of targets Nick, you have already made up your mind that an old lady in a robe would never be a threat. Grossman would call that denial.

"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 04:01:35 PM »
Like an earlier poster mentioned, should I start shooting at law enforcement officer type targets, because they could happen to be a crazed gunman like the one in California? I certainly understand your point, and don't disagree necessarily.

People of all sorts sling led at LEOs. I understand that. I'm sure that grandma is an active member in a very small number of those cases. I personally do not like the idea of our police officers shooting at targets of kids, women on playgrounds, and elderly in their homes. That clip of the old lady being taken down during Katrina comes to mind.

With that said, it doesn't mean that these targets are being used to desensitize LEOs. My guess is that they are being used for shoot/no-shoot scenarios. Scenarios that are confusing and tough to figure out. I don't mind that sort of training at all.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:10:42 PM by NENick »

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 05:30:45 PM »

The conspiracy theorists are already talking about it.  They had one on the Shannon Burke show this afternoon. 

I don’t see a problem with it.  In fact I have a bunch of targets from that LE Targets place.  They have a wide variety of targets reasonably priced.  I have gotten some strange looks from a few targets but oh well. 

A-FIXER

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 07:33:25 PM »
BASTIAGES.... I also assume this is DHS end game and would then think that if as the are being to ''desensitize Leo's'' then as posted above would it only reason to return the same thoughts of '' desensitizing of any citizens of LEO'S, who could be seen as a threat and not of security and or safety..
There are lines to cross and not to cross, And it is happening right in open sight. :(

Offline shovelhead69

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 08:09:28 PM »
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:32:10 PM by shovelhead69 »
To accuse a man for the sake of drama is a cowardly timid man's work (Rick)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 08:12:54 PM »
It looks like they are making a game out of target practice:

A-FIXER

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 08:26:30 PM »
Its called.......(DRUMROLL.....), PRE CONATIVE SHOOTING ( as in a simulator as you train.... Stimulus''BG/ARMED CITIZEN'' response you SHOOT....... Stimulus ''BG/ARMED CITIZEN'' response you SHOOT.................. and With out  Conscience, the real term is by LEO trainers....  PRE CONATIVE SHOOTING

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 09:08:47 PM »
It looks like they are making a game out of target practice:

Looking at this target I have to wonder if LEO's are stopping to consider whether this may simply be a case of consentual zombie love... :P

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 06:39:45 AM »
Nazi zombies are the worst.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 08:44:49 AM »
One has to admit, however, that those "bloody" targets conditions  the shooter into expecting to  see blood splatter when shooting a "person".

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 08:55:23 AM »
I can image the ****storm that would ensue if civilians were found  using LEO or mil images for training targets

LE Targets also sells LEO targets.  I even have some of them.  They're intended as shoot/no-shoot targets.  In one, a LEO/security guard holds a cell phone.  I still can't get to the LE Targets site to post pics.

A-FIXER

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 11:59:11 AM »
Are the LEO targets point a firearm at you?

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 12:30:05 PM »
Are the LEO targets point a firearm at you?

None of the ones that I have.  I can't recall if they had any pointing a firearm or not.

A-FIXER

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 01:55:31 PM »
Nuff said.....