< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Five Phone Calls for Freedom - Feb 25/26  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
Five Phone Calls for Freedom - Feb 25/26
« on: February 21, 2013, 06:16:01 PM »
Just in case you missed it in the email alert sent out this morning, here are the details on the Five Phone Calls for Freedom campaign.  Please forward the information to all of your friends and family.  There are hundreds of thousands of citizens represented by the 38 organizations making up the National Coalition to Stop the Gun Ban and if we all take 15 minutes to make 5 phone calls next Monday and Tuesday, we may just send our message so loudly that we could just overload the capital switchboard.

Will You Make Five Phone Calls for Freedom?
Fight Pending Attack by Obama Radicals
Friday, February 22, will witness an unprecedented attack on your rights as Obama mobilizes his army of left-wing activists to push for federal gun bans. “Roll Call” recently ran a piece entitled, “Organizing for America Plans 'National Day of Action' to Mobilize Grass Roots on Guns.” It went on to say:

“Organizing for Action is planning its first official mobilization in support of President Barack Obama’s proposals to curtail gun violence.  The nonprofit that inherited Obama’s campaign infrastructure and 2 million strong volunteer army will hold a ‘national day of action’ on Feb. 22, officials said Tuesday.”

If that doesn’t scare you, it should
What you are seeing is “Barry the Community Organizer” doing what he does best: Attacking your rights using millions of rabid radicals who will stoop to any level of deceit in order to control you.   The grassroots initiative began with his State of the Union address, in which he packed the house with families of victims of mass killings. Next, Obama went on the road to sell his plan at schools in Atlanta and elsewhere.

Now MoveOn.org is joining the fray by running TV ads that proclaim, “The NRA doesn’t speak for me.” In case you didn’t know it, these are the same folks you brought you ACORN.  MoveOn.org is funded by the left wing Tides Foundation, which is itself funded by none other than freedom-hating billionaire George Soros.

Your voice needed now more than ever
You have politicians scared. As a founding member of the Coalition to Stop the Gun Ban, which now comprises 38 state and national organizations, NFOA members have been blasting congress with a coordinated message that we will punish any legislator who supports gun control. So to counter your influence, “Barry” plans to “out-grassroots” you. Will you let him?

Make ‘Five Phone Calls for Freedom’
To fight back against the left wing attack of February 22, we are asking millions of Second Amendment supporters represented by the Coalition and others to deliver a loud and clear message to Congress by making 5 phone calls on Monday and Tuesday (Feb. 25 & 26). Please note that we said CALL, not email. We want millions of voices to ring through the congressional switchboard, so please note that you might have to try several times to get through.

SPECIFICALLY, WE ARE ASKING YOU TO CALL
  • Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell at 202-224-2541
  • House Speaker John Boehner at 202-225-0600
  • Senator Mike Johanns at 202-224-4224
  • Senator Deb Fischer at 202-224-6551
  • Your representative to the U.S. House:
  • Rep. Jeff Fortenbery (R-01) at 202-225-4806
  • Rep. Lee Terry (R-02) at 202-225-4155
  • Rep. Adrian Smith (R-03) at 202-225-6435
To identify your US House representative, go to: http://www.house.gov/representatives/ and then enter your zip code in the upper right corner of the page

DELIVER THIS MESSAGE
Give congressional staff 3 simple talking points:
  • Nothing about the federal proposals is acceptable – not banning semi-automatic firearms and magazines, not expanding the list of people prohibited from owning guns, and not registering private gun sales via the National Instant Check System;
  • Because “compromise” means losing freedom, you will not “compromise” on this issue including any “lite” version of registering private sales through the National Instant Check System; and
  • As a member of one of the organizations comprising the National Coalition to Stop the Gun Ban, you will support coordinated Coalition action against any legislator who supports gun control.

ADDITIONAL ACTION
Download the "Five Phone Calls for Freedom" flyer to distribute to friends, family, and everyone you know.

If you have additional time, please CALL the other US House representatives in the Nebraska delegation.
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

A-FIXER

Re: Five Phone Calls for Freedom - Feb 25/26
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 11:38:50 PM »
COUNT ME IN!!!!!

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 09:19:09 AM »
We want so many calls going into the Capital on Monday and Tuesday that we shut down the Capital switch board.  We want so many pro 2A calls being made that nothing else can get through.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 10:08:05 AM »
I can hear it now...

"Hey Staffer, why can't I call out on my office line?  Are the phones broken?" 

"Well, Senator/Congressman, um, you see, there are a whole bunch of citizens calling all of their reps today, so many in fact, that they overloaded the switchboard system and it's shut down."

"Is that so?  What are they calling about?" 

"Well, the hundreds I've talked to are saying that no compromise is acceptable on the gun grabber legislation and any rep who votes for any gun control will be targeted for defeat in their next primary..." 

"Oh, I see... wait, how many did you say you've talked to???"

"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »
Bump this back to the top.

Everyone needs to print off this list and make a few calls.  If they utilize any sort of call center software, the volume and wait time will be recorded. Just holding on a jammed line will demonstrate interest if the volume is generally the same demand and threat of election.

The NRA has also asked everyone to call this group of 20. Even though you are not under their representation everyone's future depends on their vote. We do have leverage, past this list around to every firearm forum you can find and email to friends and family. If you get done with the 5...hit some of the 20 and shut everything down.
Sen. Max Baucus 202-224-2651
  Sen. Mark Begich 202-224-3004
  Sen. Susan Collins 202-224-2523
  Sen. Joe Donnelly 202-224-4814
  Sen. Kay Hagan 202-224-6342
  Sen. Martin Heinrich 202-224-5521
  Sen. Heidi Heitkamp 202-224-2043
  Sen. Tim Johnson 202-224-5842
  Sen. Tim Kaine 202-224-4024
  Sen. Angus King 202-224-5344
  Sen. Mary Landrieu 202-224-5824
  Sen. Joe Manchin 202-224-3954
  Sen. Claire McCaskill 202-224-6154
  Sen. Mark Pryor 202-224-2353
  Sen. Harry Reid 202-224-3542
  Sen. Jeanne Shaheen 202-224-2841
  Sen. Jon Tester 202-224-2644
  Sen. Mark Udall 202-224-5941
  Sen. Tom Udall 202-224-6621
  Sen. Mark Warner 202-224-2023

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »
I just made my calls, seven in total.  I called all three NE congressman, both senators, the speaker, and minority leader.  It took me 3 tries to get through to McConnell's office and I had to end up leaving a message on Boehner's voicemail, though I'll try to call him back later in the day to speak with a staffer to deliver our message.

Every staffer I talked to said they've had an overwhelming number of calls this morning demanding they standing up against Obama's gun control plans. McConnell's staffer said, "Yeah, we've been getting a lot of calls for this 'Five Phone Calls for Freedom' thing." 

And it took me all of 10, maybe 15 minutes.  Have you made your calls yet???

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 03:05:14 PM »
Took me 9 minutes

SotH said something about heavy call volume and went to voicemail

SML said something about heavy call volume, then hungup

NE delegation all answered promptly.... Come on people!!! I should have been on hold for at least a couple minutes :)

A-FIXER

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »
Done

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 09:31:50 PM »
Was not able to get to SotH or SML...both were reporting high call volume. I called back several times just to ensure there was high call volume.  ;D

Fischer's office picked up first try.
Took a few tries to get to others.

Everyone needs to jump on this, very easy to do, little time and effort involved...big potential payback.

A-FIXER

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 08:25:28 AM »
I also must say that each sen/congressman I called must via caller id knew who I was right away goes to show you that. THEY DO KNOW WHO CONTACTS THEM.... so the only one I could not get ahold of was SEN McCONNEL... I will try through out today....

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 09:10:54 AM »
You may have called yesterday but there is nothing stopping you from calling again today. Lets keep the switchboard swamped with calls.

A-FIXER

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 01:01:13 PM »
Good enough for me here I go again....

Offline Mikee Loxxer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 07:40:58 PM »
I made several calls before going to work today. I must admit that being at work all day doesn't make it easy to get them during office hours, but I am trying!

warmboots

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 11:00:37 PM »
It is after hours. I called and am calling many of the xtra 20...alot of their voice mails are full.  I hope that is a good sign.

warmboots

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 11:23:20 PM »
I sent a friend all of these numbers (including the xtra 20) and the calls were made! I believe we should still send emails as well.  And if people didn't get the calls in by the 26th shouldn't they still attempt make them??? better late than never???

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 07:36:42 AM »
warmboots - It can't hurt to keep the pressure up on them.  If they don't know what their constituents want, we can't expect them to vote like we want them to.

The biggest message to get through to them right now is "NO DEALS ON REGISTRATION-CREATING UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS."

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 10:39:20 AM »
The Senate Judiciary Committee is discussing and voting on all the proposed gun bills as well as proposing and voting on a universal background check bill today.  All of the calls the last two days have to helped our position, making more today only backs it up.

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 09:21:19 AM »
(Reuters) - The Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday [2-28-13] postponed consideration of four bills to curb gun violence after Republicans said they needed more time to study the proposed ban on military-style assault weapons.

The one-week delay by the Democratic-led committee appears unlikely to change the fate of the bills, all of which appear headed to the full Senate for a vote.

I believe we should still send emails as well.  And if people didn't get the calls in by the 26th shouldn't they still attempt make them??? better late than never???

It is not over until it is over.

The plugging of voice mail boxes sounds interesting. It is easy to make after hour calls for those of us facing the whole "work" obstacle. Plugging voice mail everyday would send a message, burden any other use of the system, maybe media mention.