< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: GRPC and the NFOA  (Read 882 times)

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
GRPC and the NFOA
« on: May 24, 2009, 09:13:08 AM »
Generally the last weekend of September the Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC) is held in a different city every year.

This year the chosen location is St. Louis, Mo.

http://www.saf.org/default.asp?p=GRPC

Mrs Gun and I have been regular attendees for several years now and I have been one of the panel speakers for a couple of them. And Yes we are already registered to attend this one.

Grassroots groups like Ohioans for Concealed Carry, Virginia Citizens Defense League and others have set up tables outside the conference room when ever the GRPC is "in their neighborhood". Last year we were in Phoenix and the Arizona and California groups were set up there.

It would be nice to see a NFOA presence in St. Louis.

I know times are tight, so let me appeal to you finer sensibilities; Food and Lodging.

Over the years rooms for the conference have averaged about 100 bucks a night. That is per room per night single or double bed, so if any of you wanted to double up you'd save big time.

As for food there is generally a welcome event Friday evening with o'rderves (sp?) and a cash bar. Saturday and Sunday morning fare includes a Continental type breakfast generally right outside the conference room. Box lunches made in the hotel kitchen are the norm Saturday noon. Again Saturday evening there is an o'rderve buffet and a cash bar. There is no lunch on Sunday as the conference wraps up about noon and people start leaving.

In other words you likely won't have to spend any money on food the whole time you are there unless you choose to.

If your going to double with another NFOA member it breaks down like this; Half the gas for a round trip to St Louis + 100.00 for two nights lodging with virtually no expense for food after arrival + lots of free printed, often signed by the author, material written by nationally known Second Amendmant Advocates and a chance to meet and talk with these same people.

If any one is interested in going and manning a NFOA table start planning it now. Alan Gotlieb called me the other day and I discussed the idea with him. The tables set up is free and The SAF/CCRKBA would love to see the NFOA represented there.

There is a lot to be learned at this conference. In networking with other more established groups you learn what tactics have worked in other places and why.

I really hope some of you can be there.

Gun
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM