< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Walter Williams: Cultural Deviancy, Not Guns  (Read 1045 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Walter Williams: Cultural Deviancy, Not Guns
« on: February 28, 2013, 06:55:54 PM »
http://www.creators.com/conservative/walter-williams/cultural-deviancy-not-guns.html

I'm not even going to attempt to pick a single paragraph to copy/paste as a teaser.

Boss gets a printed opinion paper thing every so often, has the likes of Sowell and others writing in.  Walter Williams wrote the above linked piece (and he's an economist of all things).

Reminds me of the video of the Asian guy who testified about guns ... and opens with 'Im an American by choice'... and points to cultural decay as the reason for violence problems etc.

Anyhoo, go give the above article a read.  My jaw was on the floor when reading it.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Walter Williams: Cultural Deviancy, Not Guns
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 07:57:38 PM »
He nailed it.  Like another video posted recently stated,  it's not gun control, it's people control. >:D

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 09:39:28 PM »
Walter Williams was by far my favorite guest host on Limbaugh"s radio show.
I have not heard him on there for a while, and I don't listen as much as I used to.
Anyway a very wise man.
Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 03:20:14 PM »
His analogy is perfect.  The shooters are in the building with "Psychotic" on the door.  Feinstein is surrounding the building that holds the 2nd Amendment, ignoring the fact that it isn't law abiding citizens doing the shooting, it is the psychotics.    One notices that the  Oregon mall shooting has disappeared from the Media recants because it was stopped by a single CCW carrier who didn't have to fire a single shot.  The only time it is repeated is to continue the myth started by the local police dept that "they" stopped the shooter when, in fact, they didn't arrive on  the scene until several minutes AFTER the shooter shot himself, which is what most psychotics do.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 07:16:31 AM »
I've always liked Mr. Williams.  Brilliant man. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 08:12:58 AM »
"They can't do much about hammers, clubs, fists or pistols, but by exploiting public ignorance, they might have a bit of success getting an "assault weapon" ban that will have little impact on violent crime."

Yep.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.