< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: CCW fires Shot At fleeing Wal-Mary Shoplifter  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
CCW fires Shot At fleeing Wal-Mary Shoplifter
« on: March 01, 2013, 11:54:33 PM »
I post this to remind everyone in Nebraska, Wal-Mary does not need our help with loss prevention. 

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/28/1190520/-Walmart-Customer-Shoots-at-Shoplifter-to-Mark-Him-for-Police#

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: CCW fires Shot At fleeing Wal-Mary Shoplifter
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 12:28:07 AM »
Oy vey!  THAT'S what we need.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 06:41:30 AM »
Nebraska CCW law is clear.  Deadly force, firing your handgun, only under threat of death or severe injury.  CCW permit does not make you a junior LEO.

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 07:48:49 AM »
I post this to remind everyone in Nebraska, Wal-Mary does not need our help with loss prevention. 

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/28/1190520/-Walmart-Customer-Shoots-at-Shoplifter-to-Mark-Him-for-Police#

The CCW holder is an obvious fool and will pay for it. The really scary stuff was the carp I read on the Daily KOS site!

Offline cckyle

• NFOA Full Member
  • KD0MKS
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 09:16:01 AM »
I'm not sure what the requirements are for a carry permit in florida, but I would sure hope that in Nebraska, no one could take a CCW class and think something like this was ok to do.  This make me cringe. 

Are we bound to see more of this happen with the recent rush on guns?  People just getting the CHP/CCW permit and not taking this responsibility seriously.  Or is this just a Florida thing? 

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 09:43:03 AM »
Or is this just a Florida thing? 

I submit for your review: https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 11:11:43 AM »
A friend got his CCW before leaving FL a year ago or so.  His class was clear on only drawing your weapon in life / death situation.

DailyKos is looney bin extremely liberal IIRC.  Not even going to bother to read the article... synopsis and replies here seem to paint the picture of the incident.

Hope the guy faces the brunt of the law for doing something incredibly stupid :(
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 04:06:00 PM »
CCW permit does not make you a junior LEO.

That's for sure!   The idiot  in question claimed he shot out the windows of the shoplifter's car "in order to mark it for police".  /sad

Considering how many people WANT to be targets in "gun free zones" these days, it's clear they don't want my help in case a shooter shows up.  I probably wouldn't even use my gun in a robbery situation unless the gun toting thief was threatening me or my wife with it, or started shooting at people.  As far as I'm concerned he can  have the loot.  The businesses have insurance to deal with that.

In the Oregon Mall shooting last December, a week after Newton, a CCW holder drew his gun, took a bead, but noticed people behind the shooter and refrained from shooting. The shooter saw the CCW holder aiming at him and ran off.  His fantasy destroyed, he shot himself, as so many of those psychopaths do.   

Three predictable things also happened.
1) The MNM didn't cover this story in detail, nor refer to it in subsequent articles about shootings,
2) The local news media asked: "why didn't he shoot?", and
3) The police took credit for scaring the guy off when, in fact, they didn't arrive until after the shooter killed himself:
http://www.examiner.com/article/media-blackout-oregon-mall-shooter-was-stopped-by-an-armed-citizen
Now, remember, the shooter was already dead when police arrived on the scene.

So, the MNM has no problem suppressing the truth, and some cops have no problem lying to take undue credit.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 04:08:24 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 06:34:27 PM »
So, the MNM has no problem suppressing the truth, and some cops have no problem lying to take undue credit.
It's also not NEWS worth unless someone is shot or dead ...

"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"