< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Carry at home without a permit?  (Read 1520 times)

Offline LTCetme

• NFOA Full Member
Carry at home without a permit?
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:25:53 AM »
Waiting for my CCW and I was considering if it was legal for me to carry in my own home. I am trying to break in a new holster and get used to the additional belt weight. I know odds of me encountering a LEO at home are low but its worth asking.

Can anyone reference a statute or law that says this is ok? Sarpy county Nebraska is where I live.

-LTC

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Carry at home without a permit?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 11:47:33 AM »
It saddens me to think that a question like this even needs to be asked, but Yes, you can carry concealed on your own property, inside a business that you own, as long as you can legally possess the firearm.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline LTCetme

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 01:28:46 PM »

I didn't mean to sound ignorant... just figured it was worth asking. Thanks for clearing that up though.

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 02:03:59 PM »
Only ignorant questions are the ones that don't get asked.

Dan was only indicating concern that we have come to a point where basic self defense is a question.  It should be obvious that a person can defend themselves but law makers have beat us down to question a right that goes beyond law.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 04:14:19 PM »
Dan was only indicating concern that we have come to a point where basic self defense is a question

True, I did not intend to demean you for asking, just felt sad that we have come a point where people question the legality of practicing the fundamental human right of self defense inside their own home
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NB

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 05:18:46 PM »
You're doing the right thing LTC.  Carry around the house for awhile just to get used to it, break in the holster, see what's comfortable, figure out how to take a dump while packing, yada yada...  Good practice for the real world.
You can hope in one hand and crap in the other, then see which one fills up first.

Offline LTCetme

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 07:29:54 PM »
I am already pretty used to it. I carried for years when I lived in Virginia but still playing the waiting game here. 45 days is longer than you would think. I decided to change it up to IBW this time around so I'm using this opportunity to break in the new Milt Sparks leather. Loaded out at home and holster only when I leave.

I do appreciate the advice and agree that yes it is sad that the question needs to be asked.