< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Charter Arms Revolver  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
Charter Arms Revolver
« on: March 04, 2013, 04:15:51 PM »
Just thought I would pass along my experience with Charter Arms. I bought one of their budget priced revolvers two years ago. (Pic Below) No problems right out of the box. I only shot it on occasion as its one of my CC guns. Last December I had it to  the range for some practice and had an issue with it locking up during firing. This was with the gun having had a fair number of rounds through it. After it happened a few times I decided it needed to go back to the factory as it has a lifetime warranty. Long story short after sending it back on my dime it was returned to me postage paid and repaired in three weeks. Problem fixed and no charges other than the cost of sending it back. I like most other folks am quick to complain if I feel a manufacturer does not live up to their advertising with a product I have purchased. In this case I wanted to be just as quick to say that Charter Arms did. :D

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: Charter Arms Revolver
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 04:59:34 PM »
Nice, a story with a happy ending.
Thanks for posting.
Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Nebraska12

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 07:33:48 AM »
I've always wondered about the Mag Pug. Like everything else, you get a lot of good and bad reviews. I'm glad things have worked out for you and it seems like a solid buy, especially for the price.

Looks like that has a ported barrel. How bad is the muzzle flash? Do you think that in a defensive situation, in the dark, that it might be a factor detrimental to awareness following the initially shot? Just a few of my curiosities as I am interested in knowing more about these little power packages.

Thanks for posting your review.
'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'[/SIZE][/I]

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 07:02:26 PM »
I've always wondered about the Mag Pug. Like everything else, you get a lot of good and bad reviews. I'm glad things have worked out for you and it seems like a solid buy, especially for the price.

Looks like that has a ported barrel. How bad is the muzzle flash? Do you think that in a defensive situation, in the dark, that it might be a factor detrimental to awareness following the initially shot? Just a few of my curiosities as I am interested in knowing more about these little power packages.

Thanks for posting your review.

I will admit I was just as skeptical as you when I bought it. I wanted the choice to have plenty of power on hand or go with 38 Specials. The price was another factor. Nice package in SS for the money. Over all the gun preforms well. As good as one can expect for a DA only snubbie. Center of mass hits at fifteen yards are easy. With 357 loads its very stout to shoot, gloves required for pratice. I have never noticed the muzzle flash as an issue with the ported barrel but I have not fired it in full dark. Its a pussy cat with the large rubber grips supplied shooting 38 Special +P loads. It carries well in my Crossbreed inside the pant rig. All in all well worth the price ($305) for a small CC revolver with plenty of punch. Mine did develop a problem but as I posted Charter took care of it promptly. Being stainless it has held up well to the rough life of a CC gun and if I should loose it in some way, like having to leave it in the car to avoid posted areas and it gets stolen, I am not out that much.