< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln gun amnesty  (Read 5417 times)

Offline shovelhead69

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Lincoln gun amnesty
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 04:32:37 PM »
I will go and stand with anyone who wants to wear/hold I buy guns sign's. Anyone?
To accuse a man for the sake of drama is a cowardly timid man's work (Rick)

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 04:59:39 PM »
I think it would be fun. Just have a sign saying that you will not buy any known stolen guns or illegally modified firearms.
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 05:17:14 PM »
I think it would be fun. Just have a sign saying that you will not buy any known stolen guns or illegally modified firearms.
Would a sign that simply said "I buy LEGAL firearms"? 

Who is bringing the donuts & cookies?

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 05:21:03 PM »

I agree that it would be fun....and with the above disclaimer it would be a good move to help avoid any possible unpleasantness later.
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 05:53:07 PM »
Yeah, and then some (insert profanity word here) undercover cop comes over and hands you a gun with serial number ground off of it.  While you are holding it looking for serial number, you get arrested for being in possession of illegal firearm.

I do have a tinfoil hat, and wear it tightly sometimes.  BUT, I would not put anything like the prior scenario past state or local LEO just to prove a point.  ESPECIALLY since I think LEO would think you were intentionally trying to make them look bad. 

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline Jutty

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 08:17:43 PM »
Yeah, and then some (insert profanity word here) undercover cop comes over and hands you a gun with serial number ground off of it.  While you are holding it looking for serial number, you get arrested for being in possession of illegal firearm.
I'm not smarty smart, but isn't that textbook illegal baiting? Wouldn't they have to wait for you to offer money to construct an illegal act? You would more than likely have to be 'in possesion' to see if there is a serial number in the first place.

A-FIXER

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 09:34:33 PM »
make sure to get a gathering permit from city to cover , ie tailgate party....

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 11:14:50 PM »
make sure to get a gathering permit from city to cover , ie tailgate party....

Hmmm...that is a thought.  If we are not "gathering" as a group, is this necessary?  For example, the people who line O Street to watch the classic cars go up and down the street don't have to have such a permit.  Would we be any different if we showed up with our individual intent to buy any useful items?

Fly

A-FIXER

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 11:17:04 PM »
Well as twisted they can think, be on the safe side, always 1 step ahead of them.

Offline RANGER 01

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 12:54:49 AM »
I think it would be a good idea to talk to a Attorney,and also find out if you had a sign if you need some kind of city permit. I know that you can buy a gun from somebody but I like the idea of having them sign a bill of sale and getting information off their drivers license. I think the cops are going to be mad as hell at you and will try and stop you  ( if they can )
I wish I had a 01FFL and not just a C&R FFL
Here I go walking back to my car with a arm full of guns and some old woman starts yelling ( HE'S got guns call the cops )
My Oath, taken in 1959, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic,still STANDS

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 02:41:44 AM »
I do not agree with everything in this video, an example is open carry, but it is interesting. 

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »
for fun i drove by this morning around 11am. i saw a large police van and two guys walking around, but nothing being turned in. i guess the thugs and gangsters are still sleeping...
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2013, 12:23:24 PM »
Crud! I completely forgot about this.  I knew there was something going on today, but since I didn't put it on my iPhone calendar, it is as if it never happened.

Fly

Offline tackle8

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2013, 08:41:58 AM »
On the news last night they said they got 40 firearms and 10,000 rounds of ammo.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2013, 09:24:57 AM »
So, how do they decide which cops get which guns and ammo? Is it a seniority thing?

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »
i just saw the 10/11 story about the amnesty.

http://www.1011now.com/home/headlines/LPD-Holds-Gun-Amnesty-Event-199706861.html

look at the ammo in spam and ammo cans.  it boggles my mind that people turn anything over..... FOR FREE!  i would have paid for it.  another amnesty is scheduled for the fall.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
i just saw the 10/11 story about the amnesty.

http://www.1011now.com/home/headlines/LPD-Holds-Gun-Amnesty-Event-199706861.html
look at the ammo in spam and ammo cans.  it boggles my mind that people turn anything over..... FOR FREE!  i would have paid for it.  another amnesty is scheduled for the fall.

OMG!  Look at that heavy-barrel Ruger .22 pistol starting at 44 seconds in.  That's a GREAT gun!  If they do destroy these things, what a waste of tax money that is. 

This is all potential revenue for the city!  They would just do a check to see if they're stolen, then list them on gunbroker.com.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 02:29:09 PM »
So, how do they decide which cops get which guns and ammo? Is it a seniority thing?

Nah, they rochambeau for it :o

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2013, 02:56:20 PM »
Just remember...every one of those firearms was transferred without a background check
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2013, 03:00:09 PM »
Just remember...every one of those firearms was transferred without a background check

It's ok, the law doesn't apply to law enforcement.  Just ask Bellevue's ex-police chief.   :-X
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.