< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: ENPS Multigun Match, March 17th...  (Read 2660 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
ENPS Multigun Match, March 17th...
« on: March 05, 2013, 12:16:30 PM »
The first ENPS Multigun match of the year is coming up in a couple of weeks---and I know some of you want to have plenty of time to scrounge some ammo and make sure your dots are all sighted in!

March 17th, ENGC, registration starts at 7:15am, registration CLOSES at 8:40am (hey, I got the time right this time!) and the shooter's meeting starts at 9am, with shooting occurring shortly thereafter.

4 stages, with a combination of pistol, rifle, and shotgun.  Make sure you can carry plenty of ammo---don't know the stages yet, but I'm sure there will be a lot of shooting!

USPSA has just come out with a full set of Multigun rules, and we will be following them. 

Rules:  http://uspsa.org/RifleShotgunMultigun%20Rules%201-1-2013final.pdf

Some things that are new this year (and hopefully they'll quit changing things on us!)

1) "Limited" division used to mean "iron sights only" --- NOW, however, you can have an unmagnified dot on your rifle if you wish.

2) Flying clays MAY be denoted (on the stage briefing) as disappearing targets.  If they are, you do not have to shoot at them, and you won't get any miss or failure to engage penalties for doing so.  (If you do shoot at and hit them, you get time taken off your run.)  HOWEVER, if they aren't listed as disappearing targets, then you MUST shoot at them (and hit them) to not receive penalties.  So, read the stage briefing carefully.

3) Unless otherwise listed in the stage briefing, the official ready positions are listed in the rulebook (just like in USPSA pistol).  Make sure you know them!

4) Empty chamber indicators are now required.  If you don't have any and are too cheap to buy some, an orange plastic wire tie with a flag on it sticking out of the (locked open) chamber is an acceptable empty chamber indicator.

5) No shotgun shells with shot larger than #7.  Basic target loads only.  (No steel, tungsten, etc.)  This is an ENGC range safety rule, and as it is a safety rule, breaking it will result in a match disqualification---so, basic target loads (like the Walmart bulk packs) only.

Multigun is a good time, folks. C'mon out and shoot!
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline dukduk

• Powder Benefactor
Re: ENPS Multigun Match, March 17th...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 11:01:18 PM »
use weedwhacker trimmer string in a knot for the chamber flags. also there are 4x4 shotshell caddys at cabelas so no excuses

are chamber flags for all 3 types of firearm? or just rifle/shotgun?

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 05:38:12 AM »
use weedwhacker trimmer string in a knot for the chamber flags. also there are 4x4 shotshell caddys at cabelas so no excuses

are chamber flags for all 3 types of firearm? or just rifle/shotgun?

Just rifle/shotgun.  Pistol should be in a holster.

Offline Dakafall

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:17:43 AM »
Any idea what we'll be looking at for a round count?

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 08:56:28 PM »
Are the empty chamber indicators a ENGC rule or a three gun rule, because I've shot SASS matches at ENGC and never heard of such a stupid rule...  We need to get the lawyers out of our shooting sports...

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »
Are the empty chamber indicators a ENGC rule or a three gun rule, because I've shot SASS matches at ENGC and never heard of such a stupid rule...  We need to get the lawyers out of our shooting sports...

That is a national USPSA rule. 

Considering that previous rules had you wander around with empty chambers and actions open, placing a $1.00 piece of visibly-obvious plastic (that makes it obvious that it is a cleared weapon) into it isn't really supposed to actually be a serious problem.

(I note that several other sports require their use, too.  For example, all NRA and CMP sanctioned matches require the use of devices to indicate when a firearm is not ready to fire.  This isn't a new thing to the shooting sports.)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 07:38:15 PM »
All matches at the Izaak Walton League in Lincoln require empty chamber indicators. 

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 10:20:25 PM »
See you all at the match tomorrow!

Offline dukduk

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 06:24:50 PM »
I was going through round counts for each firearms in my head, I don't have an exact number but I wanna say it was around 50 for rifle and pistol each and around 30 for shotgun (birdshot only) no slugs today.

anyone have an exact number? am I crazy? did we actually shoot more than I think?

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 08:14:16 PM »
I was going through round counts for each firearms in my head, I don't have an exact number but I wanna say it was around 50 for rifle and pistol each and around 30 for shotgun (birdshot only) no slugs today.

anyone have an exact number? am I crazy? did we actually shoot more than I think?

Official Round Count:

Pistol:  30 (24 on bay 7, only 6 on 100-yard)
Shotgun: 24 (12 on bay 5, 12 on bay 6)
Rifle: 22  (12 on 100-yard, 20 on bay 5)

Actual shots taken:  LOTS MORE for most people.  :)

Good to see all 44 shooters out there today!

Match results are up:

http://www.easternnebraskapracticalshooters.com/2013/2013.htm 

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 08:25:08 PM »
I really stunk it up today.  There were a few major mental mistakes that really cost me.  As always it was still a bunch of fun, though.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 09:24:57 PM »
I need to figure out what's up with my mossberg500. The shells were getting caught on the mouth of the chamber.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 09:57:10 PM »
We need to have all NFOA members wear nametags with their screen names and avatars so I can figure out who's who at these events.   ;D

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 10:00:47 PM »
There was an error on one person's score, so the scores have been re-calculated, and sent to Terry to put on the website.  When he has a chance, he'll post them.

Apparently, some scorer hit the checkbox for "stage not fired" on one poor shooter's run, which added an extra 500 seconds to his time.  Unsurprisingly, this rather lowered him in the standings. 

It's been fixed, and when Terry has a chance, he'll update the ENPS website.  Limited division is the only one that'll see a change.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 10:08:14 PM »
There was an error on one person's score, so the scores have been re-calculated, and sent to Terry to put on the website.  When he has a chance, he'll post them.

Apparently, some scorer hit the checkbox for "stage not fired" on one poor shooter's run, which added an extra 500 seconds to his time.  Unsurprisingly, this rather lowered him in the standings. 

It's been fixed, and when Terry has a chance, he'll update the ENPS website.  Limited division is the only one that'll see a change.

Hey, we have to beat you somehow.

Offline Mudnrox

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 10:14:42 PM »
I had lots of fun today.

Time to start looking for a shotgun and practice everything

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 08:35:32 AM »
Hey, we have to beat you somehow.

Oh, it wasn't me.  My ammo killed me all by itself in bay 5---nobody had to add anything at all to make that stage ridiculously bad for me.

[sigh]  Before that last stage of the day, I was actually 25 points up on Betsworth.  So much for that!

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 11:27:26 AM »
Oh, it wasn't me.  My ammo killed me all by itself in bay 5---nobody had to add anything at all to make that stage ridiculously bad for me.

[sigh]  Before that last stage of the day, I was actually 25 points up on Betsworth.  So much for that!
The goofy part is that stage 5 was super simple...yet it still got us all. Many of us all became no-shoot slayers.

Offline dukduk

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 08:39:08 PM »
how high of a hold do you guys use for rifle in that close.  I stayed after the match and tried to find my poi/poa for up close 1-7 yd range. prior to the match I assumed a little under 3" would be ok but during verification it was around 4" @ 5 yds. my optic is zerod at 100.