< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: TSA Spends 50 Million On New Uniforms (from mexico)  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
TSA Spends 50 Million On New Uniforms (from mexico)
« on: March 05, 2013, 09:49:03 PM »
Gov out of money?  Must not be, TSA just ordered new uniforms at $1000 each for a total of $50 million.

Do the math, must be TSA agents everywhere.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/tsa-sealed-50-million-sequester-eve-deal-buy-new-uniforms

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: TSA Spends 50 Million On New Uniforms (from mexico)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 10:43:20 PM »
Sequester stuff is all just a smoke screen anyway.

$40B out of a $4T  budget ?  That's 1% in "cuts".

And, it's not even in cuts, it's in "oh, we WERE PLANNING spend extra money in March... but now we're not going to".

So... anything that blames things on 'sequester' is pure b.s. and wholly ulterior motive based to push an agenda.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:07:41 PM »
Sequester stuff is all just a smoke screen anyway.

$40B out of a $4T  budget ?  That's 1% in "cuts".

And, it's not even in cuts, it's in "oh, we WERE PLANNING spend extra money in March... but now we're not going to".

So... anything that blames things on 'sequester' is pure b.s. and wholly ulterior motive based to push an agenda.
I will agree that the dramatic effects on our country are a bunch of political fluff, however these cuts aren't BS and will have real impact.

50% of these cuts will occur within DoD.  Military pay (one of the biggest budget items) is exempted, so all those cuts need to be spread across O&M, civilian pay, and acquisition/logistics accounts.  Add to that the fact that all deployed operations will continue to receive full funding, and the budget year is almost half over (meaning 100% of the cuts come despite the fiscal year being half over).  Training programs, flying hours, and routine maintenance are all taking huge hits.  DoD civilians are looking at furloughs and a 20% reduction in pay.

You can argue whether those effects are bad or needed, but they do exist.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 12:32:50 PM »
We just popped a face pimple, and there are thousands of carbuncles on our back.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 09:29:57 PM »
I will agree that the dramatic effects on our country are a bunch of political fluff, however these cuts aren't BS and will have real impact.

Well, I was going to buy 2 cars in April, but now I'm not.  Therefore I saved money!

*cough*

Our current sitting President is the only one to have trillion dollar deficits, and they've been every year.

I have nothing friendly to say about 'zomg $40-90b of money we WERE going to spend we arent going to now'.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Hank

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 07:04:51 PM »
man Gary..I get the `point`..but thats GROSS

I read this would be like a average family having to `cut back` something like 25 cents a week from the budget :laugh: