< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Any Derringer owners out there?  (Read 510 times)

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
Any Derringer owners out there?
« on: March 06, 2013, 06:58:17 PM »
Just curious to know who out there may have a derringer type pistol and what are your thoughts about them?

I bought a Davis Industries (now known as Cobra Firearms) 9mm "bigbore" before Christmas and have yet to fire it.  Previous owner bought this new and fired it only a couple times...said it kicked like a mule with it's gonads on fire....(well, something similar to that)....and it hurt his wrist.  He had it up for sale about 2003 and when I recently asked about it he said he still had it.  For $50, I felt I couldn't pass it up.   It carries easily and doesn't print in front jeans pocket....but with only 2 shots one would have to make a close encounter count.     I know that Davis got sued out of existence and Cobra bought all the rights thereafter....  http://www.cobrapistols.net/product-big-bore-derringers.asp     
So, anyway....any feedback?
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Any Derringer owners out there?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 07:38:06 PM »
I always kind of wanted one, just for the novelty of it.  That and one of the NAA .22 Mag revolvers.  One of my wife's girlfriends carries one of those and I was very impressed by the quality.  22 Mag isn't a great defensive round, but it's a heck of a lot better than .22LR and if you need something VERY small and ultra-concealable they're something to think about.  Better than a sharp stick, anyway.