< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Missouri Dept Rev scanning CCW permit info to DHS  (Read 792 times)

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
Missouri Dept Rev scanning CCW permit info to DHS
« on: March 07, 2013, 01:53:37 PM »
Missouri Attorney General suing the state's Dept of Revenue.  Reports from inside the Department tell of local offices scanning personal information and sending the information to the DHS..

Could it happen in Nebraska ...?

http://www.missourinet.com/2013/03/07/lawmakers-say-personal-concealed-gun-permit-info-being-sent-to-homeland-security/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MissouriNews+%28Missourinet+News%29

Further updates......   The legislators and the AG have yet to get a live - named person to come forward with documentation.  So far it is a verbal, unconfirmed statement that alledges this is happening.... 
http://www.missourinet.com/2013/03/07/lawmaker-anonymous-source-says-concealed-carry-applicant-info-going-to-homeland-security/
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 02:07:05 PM by UPCrawfish »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Missouri Dept Rev scanning CCW permit info to DHS
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 03:12:01 PM »
Pardon me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Feds  already  know if, when we apply for a CCW, we are scanned by the Feds for prohibitive violations?   It would take very little effort to move than info to a Federal ccw nationwide data base.

A-FIXER

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:52:25 PM »
I would go with logic and say they have it already.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 06:21:19 AM »
Yes, they know. They share it with other agencies as well. I drove to Canada a few years ago for a hunt and had to have my rifle "inspected."

The Canadian customs officer asked if I had any handguns and I said "of course not." He asked what line of work I was in and why I had a CHP from Nebraska.

ETA: it appeared to me that the information about the CHP popped up as soon as he scanned my passport.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 12:32:17 PM »
wow....how disgusting.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 03:56:22 PM »
ETA: it appeared to me that the information about the CHP popped up as soon as he scanned my passport.

Quote from: DanClrk51
wow....how disgusting.

That doesn't quite sum it up enough... but whole heartedly agree :(.

Since I plan on traveling abroad, I'm now annoyed that such info is gonna be placed on my head.

WTF.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 08:13:51 AM »
I did bring this up with the NE AG's office when I got home because these statute in Nebraska precludes disclosure of this information. The response I got was that tying the CHP to the operator's license makes the info available to any LEO or other agency (like State when they update passport records) when they run your OL.

When I said that I understand that may be the logistics of how it is done, it is not what the statute says, I was politely told that the AG's office didn't care.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 08:16:47 AM »
Since I plan on traveling abroad, I'm now annoyed that such info is gonna be placed on my head.

I wonder what a less than stable but friendly country's customs folks (think Latin America or parts of the Middle East) would think when scanning your passport. At least with me, they'd likely think "military aged male from the U.S. with at least some weapons training." I bet that gets you some extra special attention.

Offline jengel2000

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 10:10:33 AM »
I thought about this when applying for my CCW license, but figured DHS aready knows about me from my social media posts. ;D