< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nomination of Caitlin Halligan  (Read 1005 times)

A-FIXER

Nomination of Caitlin Halligan
« on: March 07, 2013, 07:41:48 PM »
March 7, 2013

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for contacting me about the nomination of Caitlin Halligan to serve on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

Senators have a constitutional duty to scrutinize judicial nominees, and I take great care in examining each nominee’s record to ensure that the nominee demonstrates personal integrity, a commitment to the rule of law, and a judicial temperament.

Upon reviewing Mrs. Halligan’s record, I was concerned by her record as New York’s Solicitor General. Her views on a variety of issues, including the Second Amendment, the war on terror, and abortion are all particularly troubling. Following a complete review of Mrs. Halligan’s record, I could not support her nomination.

It is my hope that President Obama will choose to nominate a better candidate for this significant role. I appreciate your taking the time to contact me. If you have additional questions or concerns, please visit my website at www.fischer.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Deb Fischer

United States Senator

Here is a link to the nraila alert. Has Every one contacted you rep>"?
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2011/12/nra-opposes-the-nomination-of-caitlin-h.aspx

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Nomination of Caitlin Halligan
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 09:12:25 PM »
Another Form letter  most likely written by some intern for her.

I got the same one today.

Her computer and my computer are doing breakfast some day soon it seems   :o
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

A-FIXER

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:17:26 PM »
Its the first reply since nov of last yr even though she gets alot from me, well we'll see if she walks the walk or becomes a rino or worst.

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 09:30:20 PM »
Following a complete review of Mrs. Halligan’s record, I could not support her nomination.
That seems pretty clear to me.  Form letter or no, what more would you want her to say?

A-FIXER

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 09:35:24 PM »
I like what she stated... now we'll see how she votes.