< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Do You Think The News Is Scripted Nationally?  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Do You Think The News Is Scripted Nationally?
« on: March 15, 2013, 02:30:36 AM »
Scripted nationally, even on local news broadcasts?

Watch this and make your own conclusion.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Do You Think The News Is Scripted Nationally?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 08:05:00 AM »
AP News download with no initiative to as least rewrite/ ad lib the intro?

Don't question the teleprompter.  :  " I like to do da cha cha"   :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:12:49 AM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 01:45:58 PM »
When 8' satellite dishes came out and folks, mostly living in the country where cable didn't reach, bought them, I installed them and set them up.  I always used Westar B and its ABC news feed transponder.  This was  in  the early 1980s.  I watched live events as they happened and later would watch what was actually broadcast by Harry Reasoner and Max Robbins.   What I saw bore no resemblance to what they said happened.   They had an agenda and they pushed it.  That agenda hasn't changed.

A LOT of rural people for the next couple of years saw the same thing and it made them mad. Then, the major broadcasters got wise and encrypted the news feeds.  Too late.  People in the country were wise to what they were doing and their discontent was tapped by Rush Limbaugh and others.  About half those people have died and their children never saw the news distortion taking place so they tend to buy into it hook, line and sinker..
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 07:03:30 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 03:56:57 PM »
They definitely push an agenda.  Our rulers in DC have an intense hatred for internet freedom since they can't control it.  When there were 3 networks and 3 wire services they could control news easier. 
This is why there is talk of needing a kill switch for the net.  This is behind the sturm and drang behind the claimed Chinese hacking. They want to control internet access for our "security" >:D

Offline DangerousDrummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 08:12:32 PM »
They all pull their stories from the same pool. To see what i mean, got to this site that I built and search for   Gun , then search Obama, notice the number of stories and how they are all the same, they simply change the wording around a little so they can pretend that the story is theirs. Durning the election Obama stories outnumbered Romney stories x3.

news.medclinic.net.  This site is mine hosted in my home office. It has no advertising but is not run on powerful servers. The first load takes a while to harvest all of the stories so give it a minute.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:15:56 PM by DangerousDrummer »

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 11:17:59 PM »
Speaking of scripted, check this out when you don't have anything else to do...

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

A couple of "highlights":
DPRK SPA Decides to Set Up State Space Development Bureau
More Youth and Students Petition to Be Allowed to Join or Rejoin Army?
Title of Honorary Citizenship of Nigeria Awarded to Kim Jong Un (I'm guessing he was notified this by a an email from a member of the Global Monetary Fund And Scam Awareness Organization?)
Kim Il Sung's Birth Anniversary Celebrated in Russia

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 09:34:51 AM »
Durning the election Obama stories outnumbered Romney stories x3.

Doing a Google Trends on "Obama, Romney" for the year 2012 shows that the ratio of stories was indeed 3:1 for most of the year, except during the week of the election when they were 2:1.  Equally important was the tone of the stories.  Those about Obama were usually favorable or glowing, those about Romney were neutral or mostly critical.