< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Pharmacist kills holdup man  (Read 1268 times)

Offline tufftrav

• NFOA Full Member
Pharmacist kills holdup man
« on: May 30, 2009, 12:55:32 AM »
OKLAHOMA CITY - Confronted by two holdup men, pharmacist Jerome Ersland pulled a gun, shot one of them in the head and chased the other away. Then, in a scene recorded by the drugstore's security camera, he went behind the counter, got another gun, and pumped five more bullets into the wounded teenager as he lay on the floor.

Jerome Ersland is led out of court this week.
Now Ersland has been charged with first-degree murder in a case that has stirred a furious debate over vigilante justice and self-defense and turned the pharmacist into something of a folk hero.

Ersland, 57, is free on $100,000 bail thanks to an anonymous donor. He has won praise from the pharmacy's owner, received an outpouring of cards, letters and checks from supporters and become the darling of conservative talk radio.

Heres the video http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=5001&s=16856&p=1158

I hope this guy gets off,  i probably would have done the same thing to eliminate the threat as needed.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 07:23:04 PM by Dan W »

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Pharmacist kills holdup man
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 08:49:57 AM »
"Then, in a scene recorded by the drugstore's security camera, he went behind the counter, got another gun, and pumped five more bullets into the wounded teenager as he lay on the floor"

This action will probably get him 2nd degree manslaughter, when otherwise, he would have been no-billed by the Grand Jury. 

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 12:45:22 PM »
"He didn't have to shoot my baby like that," Parker's mother, Cleta Jennings, told TV station KOCO.

And her "baby" didn't have to hold up the pharmacy and threaten the man's life.  I have zero sympathy for the punk.

But, it was a dumb move on the pharmacist's part.  He's probably going to the pokey.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 11:39:53 PM »
My baby didn't do nuffin.

Too bad I'm not on the jury.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 04:11:03 PM »
I wish I was on jury with ya LitlRat.

One question.......The mother says "he didn't have to shoot him like that". Well her son didn't have to threaten an innocent person. Where the hell was she at when her 16 year old was running the damn streets robbing stores and  threatening innocent lifes????.......Oh and where the hell was the Father????
Probably out knocking up another future mother of a prison inmate. ........ The cycle continues.

Free the pharmicist.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 04:24:43 PM by huskergun »
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.