< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: BOY SCOUTS feeling the pain of the Ammo Shortage.  (Read 5499 times)

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
Re: BOY SCOUTS feeling the pain of the Ammo Shortage.
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 02:24:17 PM »
I have a donation bagged and ready for when NE Bull returns to Lincoln.

I'm an Eagle Scout, I learned to shoot rifles, shotguns, and bows at scout camp, and I was a shooting sports instructor for two years at Salmen Scout Reservation.

Add me to the Lincoln list. I've got an unopened 375-count box of CCI .22LR that I can spare. It is optimized for the AR, but I'm sure it will run just fine in a bolt gun.

I'd be much obliged if someone could suggest a way for my contribution to be added to the pile here in Lincoln.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 02:56:41 PM »
The Lincoln Izaak Walton League has set up a drop box to collect .22lr for the Boy Scouts.  The box is located by the gate to the rifle range.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 02:59:37 PM »
OR- I am located on West Cornhusker near Pfizer (or what ever it is now).  Contact me thru the forums and we can make arrangements.  As I work nights, I am available to meet most anytime during the day.
Thanx to all!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:38:09 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 07:58:23 PM »
I will be heading to a Scout Committee Meeting on Wednesday.  Contact me and I will pickup any ammo donations you want. We will get them to where they need to go.
THANX TO ALL!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2013, 08:26:50 PM »
Brought this up at a Legion Rider meeting this morning. Sounds like some of the individual members will be donating.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 10:33:59 PM »
Great that some of you guys are taking care of the Scouts.  Some of us kids fell through the cracks, and our youth was not as it should have been.    I grew up without a dad and had no father figures in my life.  I am married now, and my wife is all the man I can handle!  lol

Offline Hank

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »
I would like to know if anyone has contacted CCI and explained this dire need. Seems to me (ok, IMO) they ought to be the ones `stepping up` to help out. After all they can produce 4 million rimfire rounds per day! Obligations or not, seems they ought to be able to give priority to something of this importance.
Done ranting.
That said, and the importance of training TOMORROWS ENTHUSIEST in the safe handling of firearms, and marksmanship, I would be willing to donate a unopened box of Remington 525 Value Pack if someone near Syracuse/ Nebraska City could get them where they need to go. PM me.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2013, 10:52:22 AM »
Hank, A fella on the Facebook exchange did contact some of the bigger manufactures, and I am happy to say, out of them all, CCI replied back that they are looking into the situation and for National and the Councils to expect some communication in the coming weeks/ month!
(IIRC Another that replied said theirs are going to LEO/ Gov first, civilian next and that there was nothing they could do. No, I do not recall the company, if one was given.)

Also if you head this way ever,  the Ikes just off Hiway 2 near Bennett, has set up a drop box.

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2013, 10:59:20 AM »
Anyone here work or live in the I-680/Irvington Exit location here in Omaha? I have a 525 round box of Remington for the Scouts if someone can get it to them for me. I can meet during lunch or right after work (5:00).

Thanks...

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2013, 11:03:43 AM »
know if anyone has contacted CCI

Hank,

CCI, a subsidiary of ATK, contacted (Email) BSA National in January and offered the sale of their "seconds" in 200 ct boxes / 4,200 rds to the case to BSA Councils with a maximum of 8 cases per council.  National forwarded their email and details to ALL councils. The Mid America Council here in Omaha placed an order for 8 cases within 72 hrs of the national mailing and were told that all available product was committed. 

Rest assured, we are turning over rock we think might have .22 LR ammo under it right now. 

Your location is in borderlands between the Mid America Council / Omaha  and Cornhusker Council / Lincoln so someone headed in either direction could be your 'carrier' and the ammunition would be put to good use at either camp.

Thank you for your contribution.....
( I see NE Bull was posting as I was editing....)

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2013, 11:11:04 AM »
Through PM, UPCrawfish has graciously offered to meet soon and take the ammo in. That was quick :)

Thanks UP!

Offline Hank

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2013, 12:08:02 PM »
Thanks for the reply fellas; I will check into the drop box location. If not for time constraints due to work, I would deliver them myself. Might have the wife help out with delivery.

Hope this shortage don`t last for long..thats close to half of what I have `hoarded`.. :laugh:

Happy to do this though.

Offline Dakafall

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 08:16:28 AM »
What about setting up a display at Pandemic 2013 as part of the NFOA table.  A poster with contact info or if any of the scouts wanted to come and explain things, might be a good way to get support.  Just my thoughts.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 10:08:08 PM »
Thanx to all that have helped thus far. The boys will greatly appreciate your generosity.