< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Taurus 922 Revolver in .22 and .22 Magnum  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Taurus 922 Revolver in .22 and .22 Magnum
« on: March 24, 2013, 02:07:33 AM »
Hit the gun show in Crete today, and found a .22 revolver to adopt. 

It is in both .22 and .22 Magnum.    This is a Google image, but it is a better photo than I can do, so a file image is fine by me.

I will be looking for a bigger set of grips for my big paws.

Will also be looking for .22 Magnum ammo, I only have about 70 rounds.

The mag cylinder had not been on the gun before, and it was stiff, to the point of not working well.  I greased everything good, and did a few rounds of of the cylinder without firing the gun, and now it works fine.    Was not wore in yet, better than being wore out I guess. 

I am not a big Taurus fan.  This is my only Taurus gun.  When I was a kid, a Taurus was about like a wooden nickel, not worth much.  After they got a few million guns out their doors, over the years, the quality has improved a great deal.  Todays Taurus is very closely tooled to look like Smith & Wesson guns.  Wonder if some of the parts would even interchange. 

This is not a high quality gun, but it it is no Junker either.  Looks a little like a Colt Python, but the action does not feel like a Colt, far from it.  In single action, with the hammer back, the trigger pull is not bad, but not polished either.  In double action, it feels like pushing a Buick uphill with 4 flat tires. 

The blue job is deep and handsome.  Will be interesting to see how many years it stays that way.

This is my third revolver that I currently own, I also have a Ruger RedHawk .44 Magnum in a 2", and a Rossi .44 special in a 4".  Both of those are stainless. 

Thought about the Judge rifle in .22 & .22 mag, but found this, and this will do for my collection.   

« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 02:20:01 AM by Gary »

Offline Hank

• Lead Benefactor
Re: Taurus 922 Revolver in .22 and .22 Magnum
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 04:28:44 PM »
My Father-In-Law bought one of those for his Christmas. I picked him up two boxes of 22 mag. ammo, one reg (Winchester IIRC) and one that was loaded with a Hornady V-Max.
When warmer weather arrives, I`m betting he will be down to my place to do some shooting and I look forward to trying this pistol out.
I have owned a Taurus before that was prety much as you described in terms of quality. 6" Titanium Tracker in .357 Magnum.