< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Fix Broken Term Limit Law  (Read 2868 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Fix Broken Term Limit Law
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 10:34:24 AM »
Oh yeah, I get it. The Libertarian in me is just driven nuts by the fact that the decision/power has been put into statute instead of being retained by the people. There are politicians who have done very well, and I would have liked to retain them (or at least the opportunity to do so) for longer than we are able.

I made the same arguments myself before term limits were originally passed, but after they went into effect and our state government did get better I changed my mind.  So now the Libertarian in me thinks term limits are not only a good idea, but such a good idea that ours should be strengthened.  The Libertarian in me also would not like to see Obama get a third term, and if term limits on President are a good thing they should be good for our state lawmakers too.  I'd like to see them applied to Congress too, both houses.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 11:55:03 AM »
There is value in the "institutional knowledge" they gain by serving over time. If they serve the people well they keep their jobs, if they do so poorly they get voted out.

Their "institutional knowledge" is in how to manipulate the system, which is something Chambers is infamous for being good at.  So as long as liberal bigots keep sending the same traitor to represent them over and over, patriots have to do the same thing, so that their representatives don't get outmaneuvered by the enemy.  This to me is an argument supporting term limits.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 12:00:58 PM »
The President is in the executive branch. We don't term limit our legislative branch... House of Representatives or Senate. There is value in the "institutional knowledge" they gain by serving over time.

Are you being serious here?  Do you not see the glaring flaw in your argument?  Look at where the "institutional knowledge" of both houses of Congress has taken us: $17 trillion debt, a massive parasite class that elected and reelected a traitor, a massive bureaucrat class... I could go on and on about what this collective "institutional knowledge" has given us.  You make a case for across the board term limits for all elected officials.