< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Navy announces the naming of new ship...  (Read 722 times)

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Navy announces the naming of new ship...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 10:43:06 AM »
It is a rather small fighting ship designed for coastal waters.  Interestingly, it is a catamaran.

Typical of many, if not most, defense department big ticket purchases, the estimated price to build each Littoral Combat Ship has doubled to $440 million. Cracks and corrosion plagued the first completed vessels.

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 11:02:06 AM »
I understand the type - mission and function of the LCS class of vessels...   It's the deviation of the naming process to accommodate some political purpose that, to me, is a slap in the face...

Freedom variant               Independence variant

USS Freedom (LCS-1)       USS Independence (LCS-2)
USS Fort Worth (LCS-3)    USS Coronado (LCS-4)
USS Milwaukee (LCS-5)     USS Jackson (LCS-6)
USS Detroit (LCS-7)          USS Montgomery (LCS-8)
USS Little Rock (LCS-9)     USS Gabrielle Giffords (LCS-10)
USS Sioux City (LCS-11)    USS Omaha (LCS-12)

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 11:18:46 AM »
Here I was thinking they would name it after the current POTUS...U.S.S. Idiot.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 11:44:59 AM »
name it after the current POTUS...U.S.S. Idiot.
The current POTUS is a lot of things but he is not an idiot. 

When you view him that way you relax your vigilance because  you think he cannot do anything important.  IMO, he is extremely smart, probably as smart or smarter than any President since FDR, if not Lincoln.  He is certainly smarter than either Bush, and perhaps Clinton, and certainly Nixon and Ford.

He is very  clever, very sneaky and full of schemes.   Look at the NDAA and the Executive Prepardness Order.   Even before  taking the  oath of office in his first term FEMA prepared a "warning" to all state LEAs declaring political conservatives, pro-lifers, gun and  2A supporters AND soldiers returning from MidEast duty as potential "terrorists"!  How convenient.

Don't underestimate him.  His training as a "Community Organizer" (using Saul D Alinksy's "Rules for Radicals" as the textbook), his skill at working to get the  Community Restoration Act expanded to the point that it forced banks to give sub-prime loans in order to do business with the Federal government, which led directly to the housing bubble collapse, and his later denial of his complicity points to his finess. He continues to print and spend money with abandon.  He is clearly supporting the destruction of small businesses while pretending to  be their supporter.  He continually uses every opportunity to raise taxes AND increase spending at the same time.  Most of it designed to make more people dependent on the Federal government by destroying jobs.    He alienates our friends and coddles our enemies, even though he knows that they are religiously bent on our destruction by any means possible. Thus, he gives BILLIONS to unfriendly Islamic nations while neglecting the physical and emotional  needs of our returning soldiers, the lack of jobs, the deteriorating  infrastructure, and the continued breakdown of  our defenses.  He  and the Democrats  are  funneling all of that money into buying votes, even if that means giving votes to illegal aliens by as many schemes as possible.  His most recent is having voter registration forms included in HHS Obamacare applications.    This despite the fact that the Affordable Care Act does not let HHS probe into an applicant's choice to vote. What's more,  the Paperwork Reduction Act requires that federal agencies seek only information needed to do their job.  So, does the applicant get a "friendly" nudge toward pro-Obama groups like AARP and Families USA that might be tapped as "navigators" to sign people up to Obamacare, steering them to register as Democrats?   If you were new to this country,legally or illegally, and you found out that if you don't vote Democrat the gravy train might stop,  what would you do?  With 47% already voting for the gravy train and true unemployment near 23%, it would be tough for families to vote against gov handouts that allow them to eat  and give them a roof.

I will deliberately put on a layer of tinfoil for Feralcatkillr and suggest that the DHS ammo, tank, and other military purchases for domestic consumption may be to arm a "civilian security defense force".  Remember, the Left is only against guns in the hands of anyone else but themselves.  I am old enough to remember the Marxist who started Marxist brigades in California and other places in the late 60s and early 70s because they thought that the civil riots of the time, and the capture of the Democrat party by the Marxist,  would signal the beginning of the armed "Revolution" they kept calling for at the time.  There were tape recordings of sessions where some groups were planning on setting up "Education Centers" in the deserts of the SouthWest to "red-educate or eliminate" resistors.  Are those FEMA camps today?  As it turned out, the Marxist bombers escaped justice, made their "long march" through the educational institutions and ended up, like Bill Ayers, thoroughly unrepentant, as consultants to President Obama.

He  is the most dangerous enemy the Constitution and our Republic has ever faced, and the next four years will be the most perilous in our history.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:11:41 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 04:51:04 PM »
So does it have armament that other ships aren't allowed to have?  Or would that only be the USS Kelly?

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 05:02:51 PM »
I.....can't come up with any comment that wouldn't be in bad taste....eventhough they named a warship after a gun-banning, gunshot victim and seems to beg for it :-[

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 06:12:41 AM »
Geek...U.S.S. Idiot was the most, forum appropriate, name I could come up with:)
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 03:02:47 PM »
Geek...U.S.S. Idiot was the most, forum appropriate, name I could come up with:)

It's a great name, but probably best reserved for those many idiots setting in Congress who took their oaths under false pretenses.