< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New Ruger Bearcat! (picture)  (Read 1064 times)

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
New Ruger Bearcat! (picture)
« on: March 27, 2013, 09:56:35 AM »
Why have I waited all these years to buy one of these??!!??  It's just perfect in every way.  :)  Small enough for kids, fits full-grown hands surprisingly well.  Aesthetically beautiful and "ergonomically" wonderful; by comparison, a Single Six feels like a cinder block in the hand.  In a holster it's so light you simply don't notice it.  Yet, unlike a "plastic pistol", it shoots everything from birdshot cartridges to 22 shorts to hot 22LR Velocitors.  Accuracy, based on first few rounds, appears to be phenomenal.

ONLY issue... like many out-of-the box single-action revolvers (or so I'm told) it seems to shoot "low" from the factory so that the owner can file the front sight down to suit the preferred load.   Anybody know of a good 'smith in the Lincoln area with experience in that?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:59:03 AM by feralcatkillr »
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: New Ruger Bearcat! (picture)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 12:54:18 PM »
"Have file, will travel"  ;)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane