< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101326 times)

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #500 on: December 10, 2015, 05:45:54 PM »
How about some good news for a change? The sign at the entrance to the Linden Market parking lot (132nd and Dodge) is now gone.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #501 on: December 11, 2015, 07:24:28 AM »
How about some good news for a change? The sign at the entrance to the Linden Market parking lot (132nd and Dodge) is now gone.

Huh!  I had never noticed it.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #502 on: December 11, 2015, 10:51:40 AM »
Never saw one there and I have been in there a LOT in the past 6 months. Apparently it wasn't posted in such a way as to be obvious. Glad it is gone now.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #503 on: December 11, 2015, 04:52:04 PM »
Never saw one there and I have been in there a LOT in the past 6 months. Apparently it wasn't posted in such a way as to be obvious. Glad it is gone now.

It was on the western entrance in front of Hy-Vee Gas, on a sign so banged-up and sun-faded you could only tell what it was if you stopped and got out for a close look. A textbook example of why uniform a signage law is needed. It had been there for at least the past couple years.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #505 on: January 22, 2016, 11:48:46 PM »
http://www.2acheck.com/the-boycott-list/
that page is a bit out of date it says sept 22 2014

plus the list has US Bank , BB&T bank on it all banks are no gun zones , it even has bars on it.... and all bars are no gun allowed then add to that the 50/50 on restaurants that serve booze . and all those are by law's not the biz choice
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #506 on: January 23, 2016, 01:00:49 AM »
I realize that some on the list are no brainers with Nebraska's carry laws, found list on fb and there's a few interesting things on the list I thought I would share, for instance, I've carried into Carmike theater's before, which are not posted, I guess I'll be boycotting them from now on?

CARRY ON👍
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:33:27 AM by farmerbob »
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #507 on: January 23, 2016, 11:14:46 AM »
why boycott a move theater that is not sign posted , i carry when i go see a movie at 144 maple theater as it's not posted , and i could care less how they feel till it is posted on the door where i go. 

I am 100% anti shopping at a posted biz . i will get back in my truck and find another place to get what i need.    if a place is not posted no point in calling them to see what there stance is because as soon as you say i seen your store on a anti-gun list but i don't see a sign on your lobby doors the  manager will go get signs . falls in to the no win situation ...  but if the store is posted and you explain the  crooks or a crazy will not turn around when they see the same sign they are safer with out the sign. maybe they get lucky and some one in the store will be armed and help out -  slim to none posted ....
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #508 on: January 23, 2016, 12:44:24 PM »
Conspicuous signage needed on the entrance? I've carried into Costco as a guest not knowing they didn't allow carry, not for sure if I would do it again , last time I was at Costco I locked up my firearm, I think it's just easier to go to Sam'a Club where my firearms are welcome.
I've carried several times in Westroads mall in Omaha and later found out they have rules posted somewhere that says no weapons ?
After doing some research I found that the State Fair does not allow guns which I locked up my firearm before entering only to find it is NOT posted, I had to go through  the State Fair program to find weapons are not allowed , not for sure if I want to get caught carrying there , after locking up firearm I found out the next day many vehicles had been broken into.
The list is much longer than the one posted of anti-gun businesses that don't advertise it.
Hallmark
Sonic
Target
Starbucks
Levi Strauss
Time Warner.............just to name a few.

For example if I'm buying clothing I steer clear of Levis or if I'm purchasin a card I will not buy from Hallmark, if I get a cup of coffee I go to Dunkin Donuts, the coffees much better . If there's an alternative that's where I spend my money.
Google is a hard one to get around but when using a search engine I use Duckduckgo, they are gun friendly  and don't track your searches.👍
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:54:34 PM by farmerbob »

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #509 on: January 23, 2016, 01:20:41 PM »

I've carried several times in Westroads mall in Omaha and later found out they have rules posted somewhere that says no weapons ?

the signs at westroads are in all the "mall" entrances are 2'X3' foot in size and start with the wording "CODE OF CONDUCT" and has many lines or wordage the no weapons allowed is in the bottom 1/2 of the wording..  not sure what signs you see if you enter thru a non mall door as in going thru dicks or jc penny etc..  but the mall doors do have the sign between the entrances inside & out side door sets.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #510 on: January 23, 2016, 04:00:08 PM »
Grand Island's Conestoga mall has a no gun sign if you go in the main entrance, I carried there a few times years ago because I was unaware do to the fact I usually enter at Best Buy, now I just avoid their mall or lock up my gun.
Another odd duck is Sheels in Lincoln where you have to walk past signs in the parking lot warning of no guns allowed, I carried there once, I believe Sheels allows guns but you're breaking the law if you walk out their door?
It's kinda a quagmire if a business doesn't post yet requests you do not bring in guns, they may clarify the matter by putting up a no gun sign if someone asks for clarification?

Offline belfarmer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #511 on: April 06, 2016, 07:33:20 AM »
There is a no gun sign on the east end of the parking lot strip mall entrance off 129th and Center in Omaha.  Businesses using the parking lot include Zios Pizza, Party City, Gloria Deo, and others.  I didn't see any signs on individual stores..   

Offline Mark B

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #512 on: May 31, 2016, 07:35:08 AM »
The sign at Pac n Save in Wayne has been gone for about a month. I asked to speak to the Manager to verify if it was removed or if the glass was changed but he was not in. I will speak to him next time through.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #513 on: June 17, 2016, 04:16:59 PM »
Time Saver gas station and convenience store  Benkelman Nebraska has signage on the door, I handed the clerk a card and told her "I would be getting gas somewhere else the next time", she said "you can't please all the people".
Sign is on front door about knee high.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 09:04:58 PM by farmerbob »

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #514 on: June 30, 2016, 10:12:42 PM »
The sign at Pac n Save in Wayne has been gone for about a month. I asked to speak to the Manager to verify if it was removed or if the glass was changed but he was not in. I will speak to him next time through.

There is definitely a sign on the IGA grocery store in Wayne.

On a side note, what is wrong with Wayne America? They were one of the town's that outlawed CHPs until the Legislature slapped them. For a rural town, they hate guns.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline hilowe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #515 on: July 01, 2016, 10:02:01 AM »
There is definitely a sign on the IGA grocery store in Wayne.

On a side note, what is wrong with Wayne America? They were one of the town's that outlawed CHPs until the Legislature slapped them. For a rural town, they hate guns.

Umm, potentially because it's the home of Wayne State College?? I'm guessing that the "enlightened" college professors have a hand in shaping politics in that town. (total conjecture, no proof behind it, haven't been to Wayne since late 90's.

Guess I need to look at Kearney, see if they're in the same boat....

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #516 on: August 06, 2016, 07:43:45 AM »
Surplus center in Lincoln is posted.  I spoke with the counter guys and they said it is purely to get add on charges of they where ever robbed.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #517 on: August 06, 2016, 08:09:19 PM »
Surplus center in Lincoln is posted.  I spoke with the counter guys and they said it is purely to get add on charges of they where ever robbed.

So they think someone with a valid CHP will rob them? Did the signs say no CCW or no weapons?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #518 on: August 06, 2016, 08:19:13 PM »
That's got to be one of the dumbest excuses I've ever seen.  Was the guy at the counter someone who was likely to know the reason or was he maybe just some flunky who decided to make up an excuse?
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #519 on: August 07, 2016, 08:23:47 AM »
Not sure If I need to start another thread for this or not but, on the friendly business list on the main page, it states Schaefers TV and appliance have taken down their signs,  I went to the parts warehouse (Old Wards warehouse on 66th st.) and it was still on the door.  This wouldve been about a month ago.