< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101296 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #520 on: August 07, 2016, 11:39:00 AM »
Not sure If I need to start another thread for this or not but, on the friendly business list on the main page, it states Schaefers TV and appliance have taken down their signs,  I went to the parts warehouse (Old Wards warehouse on 66th st.) and it was still on the door.  This wouldve been about a month ago. 
I personally talked with management of the retail store and confirmed their CCW friendly status....have not been to the parts warehouse since the CHP law passed
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #521 on: August 07, 2016, 01:58:59 PM »
That's got to be one of the dumbest excuses I've ever seen.  Was the guy at the counter someone who was likely to know the reason or was he maybe just some flunky who decided to make up an excuse?

Could be a excuse I know both the counter worker and the owning family. The family is a little different and very well could use this logic.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #522 on: August 07, 2016, 05:55:12 PM »
Google is a hard one to get around but when using a search engine I use Duckduckgo, they are gun friendly  and don't track your searches.

DuckDuckGo is an awesome search engine.  It's only drawback is that it allows for time searches based on "Anytime", "Past day" and "Past week" and "Past Month", but no "Past Year".  And, no custom date range.    Regardless, they do not track nor keep logs of IP addresses and the searches those IP addresses do.  Their results are MUCH better than Google's because unlike Google you don't have to wade through half a page of placed ads before you get to the real search results.  And, DuckDuckGo does not use a PC filter.

Chromium (Google's browser) on the other hand, not only tracks you, but it filters and ranks results based on PC criteria.  Also,  it captures your login names and passwords to EVERY site you visit and log into.   I recently closed my Google/YouTube account but before I did I went to "passwords.google.com" to see what they had saved about me.  I was stunned to see that they also included the password to my wifi not only as a user but also the wifi router admin name and login password! 

Google had names and passwords going back ten years, to when I first started using Google and got a gmail account.   I went to each and every URL on their list and either deleted my account on those sites or changed the password (while running FireFox), which I have set to "No Tracking".  I also don't allow cookies to be saved without my approval for each one.   Especially 3rd Party cookies!  There are some sites that won't let you access their web pages unless you allow cookies.   You ca either allow it and then delete it when you leave the site, or do what I do when I encounter a 'No Guns" sign on a business door, go to the competition.

The latest version of the onion browser, Tor, based on FF but stripped of plugins, add ons and extensions, runs very fast and is very stable.  You can click a button while running it and it will change your identity (IP address, user agent and router paths) on the fly.  If you run it using firejail or inside a chroot environment you can forget about cookies because when you close the browser the entire environment and all files disappears.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #523 on: August 08, 2016, 04:38:08 PM »
Chromium (Google's browser) on the other hand, not only tracks you, but it filters and ranks results based on PC criteria.  Also,  it captures your login names and passwords to EVERY site you visit and log into.   I recently closed my Google/YouTube account but before I did I went to "passwords.google.com" to see what they had saved about me.  I was stunned to see that they also included the password to my wifi not only as a user but also the wifi router admin name and login password! 

I wonder if you hadn't inadvertently told Chrome to record that information at some point.  I checked and there is nothing recorded for me even though I use Chrome almost exclusively. I have several applications that are tied into Google, such as Drive, that are stored, but nothing that is not a directly related Google app.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #524 on: August 11, 2016, 10:59:42 PM »
I don't know if it was ever listed, but the office building located at 600 N Cotner Blvd in Lincoln has been posted for at least the last couple of years. Recently, they cleaned up the front doors and removed old stickers. This included removing the "No Weapons" sign on the south entrance facing Gateway Mall. It has been removed for a few weeks now, so hopefully they don't bother re-signing.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #525 on: August 12, 2016, 01:30:44 PM »
I wonder if you hadn't inadvertently told Chrome to record that information at some point.  I checked and there is nothing recorded for me even though I use Chrome almost exclusively. I have several applications that are tied into Google, such as Drive, that are stored, but nothing that is not a directly related Google app.

Nope.  I would NEVER tell any browser to remember my wifi and wifi admin login info.

Offline JAK

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #526 on: August 23, 2016, 05:22:37 PM »
While at lunch today I noted that the Hardee's at 12424 L St in Omaha is now posted banning firearms.  They have a small 2" x 2" sign on all of the doors.

John K

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #527 on: September 18, 2016, 08:42:02 AM »
FYI, Schaefers appliances parts supply on 66th St. is still posted as of a week ago.

Offline Mark B

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #528 on: September 23, 2016, 08:54:22 AM »
There is definitely a sign on the IGA grocery store in Wayne.

On a side note, what is wrong with Wayne America? They were one of the town's that outlawed CHPs until the Legislature slapped them. For a rural town, they hate guns.
Yes, the IGA grocery store that is posted is Quality Foods.

Offline CustomSatellite

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #529 on: September 23, 2016, 09:13:44 AM »
The illogical thought processes that drive these people are beyond my tiny little brain's ability to comprehend. Grocery stores on Saturday afternoon have more cash and checks on hand than any 12 banks combined and a sign on the door stating we have have an anti weapon policy. They might as well hang a sign next to the prohibited weapons sign saying "$100000 free right here right now and no one to stop you."

Offline JAK

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #530 on: December 13, 2016, 06:31:12 PM »
Wife was talking about joining Costco, I am not sure if they are posted or not, however this is the response I got when I asked about concealed carry.

John K

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting Costco.

Costco Wholesale is a membership-only warehouse club. It is not open to the general public. It restricts membership to a limited group of qualified individuals who agree to membership conditions. We have the right, and the obligation to our members, to enact and enforce membership rules. The Member Service Employees at the exit doors are obliged to follow these rules. By obtaining a Costco membership card, our members agree to comply with the Membership Rules and the Privileges and Conditions of membership.

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy. If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full.

Thank you,

Mari P
Member Service Center
Costco Wholesale Corporation

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #531 on: December 13, 2016, 06:40:08 PM »
Wife was talking about joining Costco, I am not sure if they are posted or not, however this is the response I got when I asked about concealed carry.

John K

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting Costco.

Costco Wholesale is a membership-only warehouse club. It is not open to the general public. It restricts membership to a limited group of qualified individuals who agree to membership conditions. We have the right, and the obligation to our members, to enact and enforce membership rules. The Member Service Employees at the exit doors are obliged to follow these rules. By obtaining a Costco membership card, our members agree to comply with the Membership Rules and the Privileges and Conditions of membership.

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy. If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full.

Thank you,

Mari P
Member Service Center
Costco Wholesale Corporation

Guess Mari told John how it is.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #532 on: December 13, 2016, 10:20:16 PM »
Hmmm, if I read that right I was just told that if I didn't like their rules that state somewhere, although I have no idea where, that I cannot carry into their stores I can stuff my opinion right up my where ever.

BTW, that is actually the EXACT same thing that is posted on the Costco website, word for word.

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/709/kw/memberships%20rules

and here is the list of General Policies from their website )http://www.costco.com/member-privileges-conditions.html):

General Policies   
  • Shirts and shoes are required.
  • Members are welcome to bring their children and up to two guests into the warehouse, however, only Costco members may purchase items.
  • Parents are responsible for their children and should not leave them unattended.
  • Members are responsible for their guests and other family members.
  • Costco reserves the right to inspect any container, backpack, briefcase, etc., upon entering or leaving the warehouse.
  • To ensure that all members are correctly charged for the merchandise purchased, all receipts and merchandise will be inspected as you leave the warehouse.
  • Liquor and tobacco sales cannot be made to minors.
  • Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers.
  • Animals are not permitted in Costco warehouses unless admission is required by applicable law.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #533 on: December 14, 2016, 08:15:30 AM »
With having Sams in North and South Lincoln guess I have no reason to darken their door.  ;D

Offline Jhetrick5

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #534 on: December 14, 2016, 01:45:46 PM »
Hmmm, if I read that right I was just told that if I didn't like their rules that state somewhere, although I have no idea where, that I cannot carry into their stores I can stuff my opinion right up my where ever.

BTW, that is actually the EXACT same thing that is posted on the Costco website, word for word.

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/709/kw/memberships%20rules

and here is the list of General Policies from their website )http://www.costco.com/member-privileges-conditions.html):

FYI, the Costco off the Dodge expressway is NOT posted so I follow the letter of Nebraska state law, regardless of their corporate "policy."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline JAK

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #535 on: December 14, 2016, 03:46:38 PM »
I am not sure how well the excuse that they didn't bother to post a sign banning firearms will work when the membership agreement specifically states that firearms are not to be brought onto their premises.  I would think that having been notified in writing that it was prohibited would cause issues if it ever came up, but that is a question for lawyers to answer.

The question I have is regardless of if the door is posted or not, why would anyone want to do any more business there necessary with a corporation that dose not believe in the 2nd amendment and is anti gun.  That is just providing them with profits that they can then turn around and use to attempt to erode our rights further.

John K

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #536 on: December 14, 2016, 04:35:55 PM »
FYI, the Costco off the Dodge expressway is NOT posted so I follow the letter of Nebraska state law, regardless of their corporate "policy."

Agreed, if it's not posted as per Ne. State statute I normally do like they say "Always carry, never tell"  but since we have this clearinghouse for info here, believe I'll go elsewhere.  :P

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #537 on: December 14, 2016, 04:38:41 PM »
BTW, Schafers Parts Warehouse on 66th St. South of Vine St. (Former Montgomery Wards Warehouse) is still posted

Offline Jhetrick5

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #538 on: December 14, 2016, 05:22:35 PM »
Agreed, if it's not posted as per Ne. State statute I normally do like they say "Always carry, never tell"  but since we have this clearinghouse for info here, believe I'll go elsewhere.  :P
Actually, this is the first I've heard of Costco's policy so I'll keep that in mind. I suspect there are additional local storefronts of national corporations with the same policies but my take is if they don't post per state law I'm within my rights to carry there, regardless of what they might say elsewhere. Simply put, I'm not going to check the website of every business I MIGHT do business with to see what their carry policies might be; the law seems very specific on the obligation and method required off businesses to notify customers of carry policy.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #539 on: April 02, 2017, 10:24:19 AM »
Just looked at the list. The Valentinos nearest me used to be on the list of unfriendly I don't see it there now but Valentinos at Meadow Lane still has a No weapons sign, with image of a pistol and a knife in a circle with a red line over it on the door.

I work at Office Depot at South Pointe Pavillions. The maul is on the list of unfriendlies but I've never seen a sign. Maybe I should look around more. I don't really shop in the maul.  Scheels in the maul sells guns. I've been in there several times. They have a sign about not bringing in loaded guns when trying to get a holster.

As an employee of Office Depot I'm not allowed to carry but in nine years no one as ever told me customers couldn't.  Most of that I was not at South Pointe. My old store is now an empty building.  Only people I've actually seen open carry into the store are A) the security guard who picks up the cash and B) uniformed police officers.  Whether any customers conceal carry I have no idea.

I have one coworker I know I can chat with about guns,he's former army. But I do so only when the department manager isn't around. She's afraid of gun talk. I told her she has nothing to be afraid of from me. She's still afraid.  So I talk to my coworker when she has the day off, or is at lunch.

On, thoush some of the staff maybe nervous around strange dogs, we don't object to well controlled dogs in the store. And I personally prefer them to children.  Dogs sit and don't move when told to. They dont run around knocking products off of shelves/hooks. Children don't mind their parents, assuming their parents actually try to control them. A sad commentary on our culture.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:29:11 AM by StuartJ »
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason