< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101272 times)

Offline TopGlock2009

• NFOA Full Member
  • Gotta Love Achmed!!!
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2010, 01:14:35 PM »
Glenns Corner Market in Auburn, Nebraska has now posted "No Firearms Allowed" signes at the enterance of the store.

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2010, 05:15:52 PM »
Fast Signs on North 114th Street is posted. Each ship is independently owner I believe.  ::)

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2010, 04:07:05 PM »
I went to pay the phone bill in Beatrice, Windsteam had a sign up, but was down for several months, now up again.  I asked the ladies in the office what they feared about law abiding citizen, got the usual rant about people don't need guns.  The Altel cellular office had taken down theirs, and now with Verison, it's still not posted.  Anybody know if their local Windstream offices are posted...

Offline Nick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2010, 04:27:08 PM »
Went to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha on Saturday, they were posted. I'm pretty sure they were not posted a few months ago so they must have added it recently. Been buying annual memberships there for years, but not this year.

edit: So after I post this I see the zoo in a list on another page on this site (not in forums). Sorry.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:34:39 PM by Nick »

Offline ranger04

• Valued Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2010, 06:00:35 PM »
Taco Bell in Columbus is posted as no CCW.I contacted the manager at the time and was told I needed to talk to the real manager who was not there. I tried a couple of times and ended up calling the Corporate office and have not heard back from them.

Taco Bell Corporate contaced the Taco Bell in Columbus who inturn contacted me (finally) . The manager seemed pretty how shall I say  it , miffed that she even had to deal with the issue. She claimed it was Corporate policy and she did not have a problem with it, however she did not just want her business singled out and said the KFC, Burger King etc are also posted, I will have to verify. I informed her that CCW permit holders go thru an extensive background check and are law abiding people. I asked her what she knew about her othe customers, That did not seem to concern her. She said her concern was that she has young kids working there and a customers gun could be knocked of safety, and someone could get hurt. I then told her the same could happen to a police officer, she said yeah it could it's kinda funny when it happens. I told her I did not think it was funny. I do not think that she bought my arguments and I told her I could not do business with Taco Bell which I felt was a shame. She did not seem to really care.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 02:08:55 PM by ranger04 »

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2010, 09:43:43 PM »
Henry Doorly Zoo was posted last year (spring, summer, or fall?) when I took my kids to the zoo.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline tradhunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2010, 11:04:57 PM »
Conestoga Mall and
Best Buy in Grand Island.

People were real nice, but the wife and I were kind of pressed for time so I didn't have a very long conversation with security on my way out. He said he agreed that it was a silly policy and just disarmed the victims. Have been by once since then and now see they have posted signs. I was open-carrying at the time.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Westwood Shopping Center
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2010, 04:55:34 PM »
This shopping center is located at the southwest corner of 120th and Center in Omaha.   It covers the area 120th St. - 124th St. - Westwood Avenue - Center St.   It includes a rather large number of stores, anchored by a Baker's Supermarket, where my Lovely Bride is a devoted shopper.

The entire shopping center is posted w/Anti-CCW signs [as noted on the master list elsewhere in this forum], but in a rather peculiar way.

They have posted the standard No Concealed Weapons Slashed-Out Pistol sign at the street entrances to their parking areas.   So--while you're pulling in off the street and into the parking lots, you are passing the No Concealed Weapons signs.   Only you're not looking for them yet.   At these parking lot entrance locations they don't really register on the conscious mind, because they kinda look like No Parking signs.   At least, subliminally.

At their present locations, they're in kind of an unusual place, because we are conditioned to look for Anti-CCW signs at the actual doorway entrances to individual shops, stores, and businesses.

However, the individual shops and stores aren't posted w/Anti-CCW signs at all.    Not that I saw anywhere, that is.   So--once you're in past the parking lot entrances and onto the premises, it appears that the stores and businesses aren't posted at all.

It's tricky.

I just happened to see the signs at the parking lot entrances the other day on the WAY OUT.

I'm clammin' up at this point.

sfg
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:57:45 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2010, 05:33:57 PM »
I saw these signs last week while passing by on my way from Scheels, to Cabelas via Canfields'. 
Didn't even take the time to look to see what stores were there, the signs had already said that they didn't need my business.  Couldn't help but think it looked like a great place to keep the sheep all warm and fuzzy!

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2010, 07:23:49 PM »
 I would ignore them. They are not in compliance with the law. Each store needs to post conspicuous notice at every entrance to the building.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2010, 07:17:32 AM »
Dropped off a NFOA "No Money" card at the Napa Auto parts in Bellevue the other day, didnt read the web page telling about them having chosen to be a Criminal Empowerment Zone.  I wont be returning, there are several auto parts stores in the Bellevue area that allow CCW.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline tut

• Forum Member
    • Tuts words
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »
I submitted an anti, Accurate Communications, 2215 Harney, Omaha a few weeks ago but still not listed at the association's listing, so I'll put it here as well. 

The no firearm sign at Accurate Communications, 2215 Harney St in Omaha is just inside the employee entrance door.

If any of you own or operate a business and desire to hire a message center, please go elsewhere.
Imagine how gun control might be stomped if either of the NON-COMPROMISING lobbying groups, the Second Amendment Foundation or Gun Owners of America, had the NRA's 4 million members!

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2010, 08:58:57 PM »
Sorry,  I must have  missed that one. It's up now
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Brunay

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2010, 09:10:56 AM »
the Super C convenience store on 10th street, between Pioneers and Van Dorn in Lincoln has removed their sign.

Offline yurevn

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2010, 01:15:33 AM »
Walmart Supercenter Store #867
3322 Avenue "I"
Scotts Bluff, NE 69361
(308) 632-2666

Signs posted at the entrances. Even though a few months ago, an argument in the parking lot between a group of people lead to the stabbing death of one of the individuals a few blocks from the store.  

As of 4/18/10 the signs are gone...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 10:52:14 PM by yurevn »

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2010, 07:12:09 AM »
I would contact their manager, then their district manager.  Walmart is supposed to be pro-ccw and have NEVER seen a sign at any Walmart before.

a quick google-ing of "Walmart CCW policy" resulted in this find, I cannot verify it's authenticity:

Here is a letter regarding Walmart's policy on CCW:

DATE: Friday, April 16,1999 2:13 PM

Subject: RE: Firearms

Thank you for contacting Wal-Mart regarding our concealed handgun policy. Wal-Mart was founded by Sam Walton on three basic principles. Strive for Excellence, Service to our Customers, and Respect for the Individual. It is that respect for the individual that led us to create the current policy pertaining to concealed handguns.

The following is our policy......If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state. However, if at anytime while on Wal-Mart property, that customer's concealed weapon becomes visible to Wal-Mart associates or customers, Wal-Mart reserves the right to ask the customer to either reposition the weapon so that it will not be visible, to remove the weapon completely or to leave Wal-Mart property, With the exception of law enforcement personnel, Wal-Mart does not allow any exposed weapons to be worn or carried in public view on Wal-Mart property or in Wal-Mart stores. Customers other than law enforcement personnel wearing or carrying a weapon in an exposed manner will be asked to leave the property immediately.

We appreciate your concern and trust that this message has addressed your concerns regarding this issue.

Thank you,

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

Offline slamfire

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2010, 04:15:16 PM »
I would like to add to the anti-ccw establishments  that are here in western nebraska... the Monument Mall 2302  frontage rd. Scottsbluff,NE.  69361     and Charter Cable co  in Alliance,NE. 69301

Offline oldman

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2010, 05:58:39 AM »
Pumpers, a convience store & gas station in Grand Island has a sign up  in the window facing the inside of the store so you see it when you leave rather than before you come in.

Offline melbell

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2010, 01:00:59 PM »
Village Point movie theater, which is a Marcus Theater, is still posted.  It is not in a "prominent" place, as it's stuck up on the glass above the doors.  Don't know how long it has been there, but we just noticed it the other day.  And I'm sad.  I will probably call them this week, especially if the other people got a letter from Marcus saying the signs would come down.

EDIT:  Apparently my husband has been trying to call the theater and can't reach a person.  Will post again if we get any results.

EDIT AGAIN:  Ok my husband just called the the theater, and spoke with the same woman who ordered all the signs taken down in July 2009 (Bridgette).  She said that the regional director has, within the last few months, sent out notices recommending that the theaters put them back up "for the customers' safety".  So the theaters have begun posting again.  She was, however, either unwilling or unable to confirm that this is actual corporate policy.  So some theaters may not still be posted.

I guess we can't go to our favorite theater anymore... :(
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 02:34:13 PM by melbell »

Offline melbell

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2010, 03:55:21 PM »
Also, and I can't believe that this one isn't already on the list, but Guns Unlimited in Omaha is posted that all guns must be secured in a case.