< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101516 times)

Offline kruegster

• NFOA Full Member
    • Owner: Kitchen Tune-Up of Lincoln
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2010, 04:24:40 PM »
I wonder if the Walgreen's defense in Omaha will change any minds?
"I refuse to grow up!"

Offline melbell

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2010, 04:51:20 PM »
UPDATE:  A good one this time.

According to Bridget at Marcus Theaters, NONE of their theaters are allowed to restrict concealed carry.  She said they do NOT post signs, and that the one at the Village Point location in Omaha was an oversight from when they took the theater over from Douglas Theaters, and she assured my husband that the sign we saw last weekend was removed today.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2010, 05:49:30 PM »
Whew!  My kids and I frequent that theater often and never noticed it posted. Thanx to you and your husband for the follow-up. 
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2010, 08:19:35 PM »
Roc's Stop & Shop gas station at 2100 South 56th Street in Lincoln is posted.  I believe another Roc's I went to was also posted, but I don't remember which one.  I'm assuming this is a corporate policy for Roc's.  Also, the Kwik Shop across the street at 2040 South 56th Street is also posted.  Needless to say, I don't patronize these retailers.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2010, 07:58:50 AM »
Guns Unlimited told me that with a CHP it's okay to carry concealed...so I do!

Also, and I can't believe that this one isn't already on the list, but Guns Unlimited in Omaha is posted that all guns must be secured in a case.

Offline melbell

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2010, 08:23:21 AM »
Guns Unlimited told me that with a CHP it's okay to carry concealed...so I do!

On the phone yesterday he told me, "Well it says above the door all guns need to be secured in a case but I guess if we don't know you have it concealed then we can't really do anything about it."

I'm GUESSING if they SAW it, rather than kicking you out or calling the authorities they would just ask you hide it or something.  But I can't be sure, since technically they ARE posted. :(

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2010, 10:31:37 AM »
Is there a direct link to add a business?
This is the letter I sent today with a card...please add this Pizza Hut to the list.

Pizza Hut Manager                  April 28
17845 Pierce Plaza
Omaha, Ne 68130

I am a resident of Ashland and my kids and grandkids live near your Pizza Hut. We all really appreciate your $10.00 pizza deal.

I ordered Pizza last night and when I arrived, I saw your ?No Weapons? sign posted I was saddened to see your policy that will keep me away from your store. Walgreens should be fresh in your memory.

I will call ahead and ask before I order next time with the hope you change your policy. If the policy has not changed, I will go elsewhere. I encourage you to read the backside of the enclosed card.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2010, 01:22:02 PM »
Bosselmans pump and pantry in St. Libory is marked with a no firearms sign.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2010, 01:37:25 PM »
 WE have been around this block before...
Hello,

Do you folks think the Webmaster can remove Bosselman Elm Creek from the gunowners unfriendly business list?
I spoke with Fred Bosselman about 6:30PM on Sept. 30, 2009. He sent the below email to me the next morning. Fred assured me on the phone the Bosselman corporation was not anti-gun. He explained to me that someone from their safety department put up the "NO GUNS" signs shortly after Nebraska's CCW law passed. Fred explained to me he did contacted their corporate Safety Director, and explained Bosselman's position on the CCW issue, and directed the signs be taken down. Apparently they missed the ones at Elm Creek. Please excuse the oversight.

Thank You,
D  Phelps
Sidney, NE

--- On Thu, 10/1/09, Fred Bosselman <fred.b@bosselman.com> wrote:

Subject: RE:
    To: "Mike Daniels" <mike.daniels@bosselman.com>
    Date: Thursday, October 1, 2009, 7:54 AM

thanks Mike, you may want to check the other locations. D  you can fix the web site now

Fred A. Bosselman

President

Bosselman Energy Inc.

3123 West Stolley Park Road

Grand Island, NE 68801

308-381-6900 Office

308-380-0779 Cell

402-845-6668 Home
    Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 8:53 AM
    To: Fred Bosselman
    Subject: RE:

They are taking them down right now.

Mike Daniels
    Travel Center Division Manager
    Bosselman Travel Centers
    ph. 308-381-2800
    Cell 308-227-9673
    Fax 308-382-1160
    mike.daniels@bosselman.com
    Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:36 PM
    To: Mike Daniels
    Subject:

had a guy call me about Elm Creek is listed as unfriendly to gun owners, must still have a sign up saying no concealed guns allowed. We took all of the signs out of the P&Ps. He said let him no if it comes down and he will fix the web site

Fred A. Bosselman

President

Bosselman Energy Inc.

3123 West Stolley Park Road

Grand Island, NE 68801

308-381-6900 Office

308-380-0779 Cell

402-845-6668 Home

I will send another email to Mike Daniels about this
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2010, 02:59:20 PM »
Fer Cryin' Out Loud, What Are We Comin' To???........

Even the Fremont GUN SHOW was posted No Concealed Weapons this past weekend.

It's Heck on Earth when your Own Kind turn on you.

[Even at that, the rumor around the show was that Someone popped off an Accidental Incidental Discharge Round on Saturday morning.   Shoulda let CCW's clear all the firearms.   For a Small Fee.]

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2010, 07:48:17 PM »
I stopped back in after I was done working. Asked to speak to the manager, who was not there. Told the desk clerk about the conversations with the bosses, and to tell the manager she would be contacted about removing the sign.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2010, 11:25:43 PM »
D. Beans Coffee (fka: Jones Coffee) at 727 South 11th Street, Lincoln, NE 68508 is posted.  

Sent the following to D. Beans via Facebook...

Greetings,

I was on a bike ride through your area and planned to stop and have coffee with my mother.  Upon arrival at your store, I noticed the "No Concealed Carry/Firearms" sign in your window.  I am a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights and I can not morally support a business who refuses to recognize this right.  Consequently, we went to a different shop for our coffee.

I understand that your intent is to provide a safe environment for your employees and patrons.  However, if you look at it logically, you have done exactly the opposite.  To a criminal, the sign says "Welcome...Unarmed victims inside". 

The individuals who have taken the time and expended the funds necessary to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit are some of the most law abiding citizens in our community.  Furthermore, since the inception of the Concealed Carry Permit, there has been NO proof that these persons present any threat to others.

Some businesses insist that the signs are a requirement of their insurance company.  If this is your situation, I would suggest changing insurance companies that have less of an anti Second Amendment mentality for one that derives their rates by logically analyzing the facts about individuals who legally carry concealed firearms.  Or simply notify your current insurer that their requirement is opposite the intention of reducing crime and you are considering insuring elsewhere. 

In the mean time I will post this communication on the local firearms owner's association forum and eagerly await your reply which I will also post.

Sincerely,
Greg Lamb

Fly
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:39:09 PM by OnTheFly »

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
Dolphins Car Wash in Omaha is now posted as no concealed weapons...

If I was carrying that day I went there right after work, I would've been super pissed off. I went to get my car washed and after the kid took my car and started driving it to the wash I got out and started walking towards the door when I noticed the sign.

What the hell would they expect me to do if I was carrying? I can't leave it in the car (nor would I want to, since they have total power over it) since I already let them take it. Would they expect me to stand outside the entire time and ask the clerk to come outside to take my payment? Gee, I wonder if people would figure out why I wasn't going inside? That's just a terrible business model. They should have signs at the point where you're telling them what wash you want and if you want gas or not, not on the damn door after you've given your car to their employees and signed up for everything.

I would've just left if they didn't already have my car in the wash after I saw the sign.

I won't be going back.

Offline maanbr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2010, 12:59:54 PM »
KWIK shop in Elkhorn has removed their sign!

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2010, 05:50:35 PM »
There is rumor that other Kwik Shops in the Lincoln area have removed the signs. I have not been to one to find out for myself. Maybe we need a firemission...
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline predatorhunter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2010, 07:50:55 PM »
I was at a Kwik Shop in Northeast Lincoln today and noticed the signs were gone.  I didn't go inside to ask though.
NRA Life Member!!!!

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2010, 08:43:22 PM »
funny bit of info:  now that I have seen many kwik shops sans anti-gun signage, I have not read of them in the news, Yet, now that Kabredlos have become free crime zones, just this weekend one of their stores was robbed at gunpoint.
Hmmmm. what a ca-winky-dink :)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2010, 10:25:17 PM »
I was trying to find an email address for Kabredlo's so that I could suggest that they check their "No concealed weapons" signs because I think they might be defective.

Fly

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2010, 11:27:17 PM »
you know..... the cenex by 27th and superior is anti-gun.  however, if you use your cabelas card, you get 2% back.  now, if cabelas was truly 100% for conceal carry wouldn't they want those cenex gas stations to allow conceal carry?  should we pursue this?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline NEEDJOHNGALT

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2010, 02:21:56 AM »
Netties' Fine Mexican Food at 7110 Railroad Ave in Bellevue, Ne are strong supporters of concealed carry!  They have a decal from the Frontsight Firearms Training Institute on their front door.  I believe that says it all!