< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101778 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #480 on: August 28, 2015, 09:10:32 AM »
It would be very helpful for everyone to send pics of these poorly posted signs to your senator and every senator on the Judiciary Committee.   LB340 was introduced by Senator Brasch and didn't get anywhere in the committee.   They don't see the need.   Pics from many locations may help them understand the need.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #481 on: August 28, 2015, 09:13:04 AM »
And while you are at it, remind them of the consequences of missing that sign and why that should be stripped from the CHP Act.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #482 on: August 28, 2015, 09:21:09 AM »
Regency Lodge just north of Pacific on 107th Ave in Omaha.  The card is about the size of a business card.  I couldn't see it when I drove past the front door.

Oh, but Mud, they have the Security sticker, that make everything A-OK!

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #483 on: August 28, 2015, 12:32:19 PM »
It would be very helpful for everyone to send pics of these poorly posted signs to your senator and every senator on the Judiciary Committee.   LB340 was introduced by Senator Brasch and didn't get anywhere in the committee.   They don't see the need.   Pics from many locations may help them understand the need.

Done and done.

Offline Wrmedic

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Anti-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #484 on: September 07, 2015, 09:46:16 AM »
Posted front door
No firearms allowed

Central Nebraska Humane Society
1312 Sky Park Rd
Grand Island Ne 68801

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #485 on: September 07, 2015, 07:12:41 PM »
Probably afraid feralcatkiller.....

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
Valentino's Posted - Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW
« Reply #486 on: October 15, 2015, 04:48:28 PM »
Valentino's Pizza is now posted and I emailed them about it. Their response is below:

We appreciate your comment.

We have adopted the ban on weapons while on our premises because it is our current belief that the majority of our customers would become scared and upset if they glimpsed a weapon being carried, open or concealed, by a patron in our dining rooms.

Also we have discussed this matter with our insurance representatives and understand that our rates could go up if we allowed guns and weapons to be carried on our property.

-Valentino's Customer Service
CustomerService@Valentinos.com

Offline TroyR

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #487 on: October 15, 2015, 05:31:00 PM »
Wilson, thanks for sharing. I've emailed them to let them know they lost my business as a direct result of this decision. Which is too bad.  I really like their pizza.

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #488 on: October 15, 2015, 07:03:30 PM »
the other day i drove to Westroads mall omaha and they have a big 2' x 3' CODE OF CONDUCT" sign in between the inside and out side doors that states "No Firearms or illegal weapons allowed" in the list of other thing that are not allowed.  and i seen this sign at more then one entrance i did not drive all the way around the mall but i know it is in 2 entrances i did go in.

only way this will change is if all the stores inside make the mall management change it. but with the von maur mass shooting this will hard . you and i know only crazes and criminals obey those no gun signs /sarcasm   anti gun signs and anti gun laws don't stop criminals.   i will not shop there.

Oakview mall is all ready on the list ..
i don't go to crossroads so no clue there
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #489 on: October 15, 2015, 07:41:45 PM »
The belief that a "No Guns" sign makes their patrons bullet proof is a common mental illness among some business owners.  Law suits for injuries resulting from these policies by ill informed owners may change their minds.

Valentino's has lost my business.

Offline bradhaas

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #490 on: October 15, 2015, 09:34:48 PM »
From my email to them:

It's an unfortunate fact of life that criminals may use lethal force or the threat thereof, at any time and in any place, including Valentino's restaurants.  The chance of another person's irrational reaction to firearms, and the chance of Valentino's not making as much money, are not sufficient reasons to forego my right to self-defense and my responsibility to defend my loved ones and other innocent lives.  Therefore, as long as this new policy remains in place, I can no longer do any business with Valentino's.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #491 on: November 11, 2015, 12:47:50 PM »
Had to go to the Baldwin, Hackett & Meeks building on 116th & Center in Omaha for business today.  NOT CCW friendly and NOT well marked.

Here's the sign on the door.

Here's what you can see from the parking lot.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #492 on: November 12, 2015, 03:55:52 AM »
The 'Candy Factory' building in the Haymarket (Lincoln) is similarly marked.  Owned/ managed by Speedway Properties.
It houses a bar/grill as well as many other business including my attorney's offices. 

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #493 on: November 12, 2015, 08:26:41 PM »
Stopped at the Git and Split at 48th and Hwy 2 Lincoln.  The front door was signed no firearms, so I got back in my truck and drove to the next gas station.  (they also had a sign telling you to take off your hats, helmets and hoodies)
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #494 on: November 12, 2015, 09:53:47 PM »
Stopped at the Git and Split at 48th and Hwy 2 Lincoln.  The front door was signed no firearms, so I got back in my truck and drove to the next gas station.  (they also had a sign telling you to take off your hats, helmets and hoodies)

good.  did you tell the store manager that you purposely drove to the next gas station because of the sign?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #495 on: November 13, 2015, 08:03:28 AM »
Somebody should add "Broadcast House" at 43rd and O streets in Lincoln. This is the home of KLIN radio, Froggy 98, B107.3, etc. 

I don't see it on the NFOA list but there's a sign right by the front door and then again right smack dab on the middle of the receptionist front desk. Kinda surprised considering KLIN is the station that broadcasts Rush, Hannity, etc.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #496 on: November 13, 2015, 01:37:08 PM »
Somebody should add "Broadcast House" at 43rd and O streets in Lincoln. This is the home of KLIN radio, Froggy 98, B107.3, etc. 

I don't see it on the NFOA list but there's a sign right by the front door and then again right smack dab on the middle of the receptionist front desk. Kinda surprised considering KLIN is the station that broadcasts Rush, Hannity, etc.

Probably a parent company rule.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #497 on: November 13, 2015, 08:08:49 PM »
good.  did you tell the store manager that you purposely drove to the next gas station because of the sign?

I tried.  There was no one at the counter, and no one answered when I tried to call.
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV

Offline hilowe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #498 on: November 30, 2015, 12:49:04 PM »
The "Hand Me Up" thrift shop on 96th and Q in Omaha (right next door to the Applewood HyVee).

Sign says "No weapons in this building", but that business is the only one that I've seen the sign on.  Of course, the only place I shop at there is the HyVee, so other's could be marked and I wouldn't know it.

Tried getting a picture, but every time I do, there's other people in the picture.  I'll post back when I finally get one without others in the photo.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #499 on: November 30, 2015, 03:38:03 PM »
Also we have discussed this matter with our insurance representatives and understand that our rates could go up if we allowed guns and weapons to be carried on our property.

Psychos off their meds deliberately choosing NO GUNS establishments and schools to shoot up is why NO GUNS establishment insurance rates are lower that those establishments which support the 2A?    That's throwing away lives for PC.   Like I said below, all that is waiting to happen is a law suit by someone whose loved one was killedor injured at a NO GUNS establishment that gets shot up by another psycho or terrorist.