< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101776 times)

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2011, 10:35:44 AM »
I think it is a great letter...be sure to let us know the results!  ;D

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2011, 08:25:42 AM »
Great letter, but we have 57 states according to "The One"

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2011, 02:02:21 PM »
Not sure if this belongs here, general, or a new thread.  It's amusing none the less.

My Dad sent me this.  He was forwarded it from an old acquaintance.  I have no idea where this store is sadly.

Seems quite relevant to us here in NE.

Wonder if any store would be willing to post a copy :D

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2011, 02:14:44 PM »
I saw once that this was supposedly a bank in Texas. 
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!

Offline jshan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2011, 03:42:40 PM »
my barber of more than 30 years has a sign that encourages ccw in his shop. his name is Bob Mullins. Ladies & Gentlemen West , 12100 West Center Rd. in Omaha. (in Bel Air Plaza, under the dentist, behind the Vicks Corn Popper)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #166 on: September 10, 2011, 06:56:50 PM »
We were just at Beardmore Chevrolet looking at cars---and they have every single building posted.  No carry allowed.  When we asked one of the salesmen about it, he said that it meant you can't carry in their parking lot either. 

I let him know that was only true if every entrance to the parking lot was posted, not merely the entrances to the building.  I did say that of course, the business owner had every right to ask people to leave his parking lot---but technically, for it to be automatic, every entrance had to be posted.

We also asked him to inform his manager that not only would we never buy any cars there, we'd be passing the word along to everyone else we knew.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2011, 07:04:12 PM »
No, the business owner does not have the right to ban CCW in the parking lot. It is specifically noted in the law that parking lots open to the public can not be posted no CCW

018.06 Except as prohibited by federal law, a permit holder may carry a concealed handgun in a vehicle or on his or her person while riding in or on a vehicle into or onto any parking area which is open to the public and used by any of the places or premises listed in Section 018.01 above if the handgun is not removed from the vehicle and the handgun is properly secured in the vehicle before the permit holder exits the vehicle. To be properly secured in the vehicle, the handgun must be locked inside the glove box, trunk or other compartment of the vehicle, in a storage box attached to the vehicle, or in a securely attached hardened compartment if the vehicle is a motorcycle.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2011, 09:13:38 AM »
No, the business owner does not have the right to ban CCW in the parking lot. It is specifically noted in the law that parking lots open to the public can not be posted no CCW

...as long as the gun stays in the car.  The guy at Beardmore was talking about walking around their car lot with a CCW, which is a different situation.  If they had posted their lot, indeed, the gun could be worn in your car, and stored in your car---but you could not have gotten out of your car while carrying. 

Currently, their lot is not posted, so it is a non-issue, other than the fact that the guy didn't know the law.  (Not a surprise.)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2011, 10:30:19 AM »
I was actually amazed at Beardmore's policy, and quite offended.  I am planning to send them a letter regarding their policy (borrowing the one posted here by Fly).    The sales man had NO IDEA how to respond to us when we told him we were not able to go inside his building to check out cars / prices.   When he came out and we told him we were unwilling to do business with them, he was clueless!  He seems to have joined the il-logic of those thinking that "less guns" = "less crime".  When we tried to explain to him that CCW holders are the MOST law abiding citizens around, he agreed with us, but looked somewhat like a bobble-head doll doing it.   

I have seen several businesses discriminate against us, but never one like this.  I was shocked at how emotionally and personally I took their idiocy.  I will be taking my business elsewhere!

Offline y0diggity

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #170 on: September 29, 2011, 09:23:03 PM »
Is there a "central" list that has all of this information in it and organized at all?
That which does not kill us was not trained properly.

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #171 on: September 29, 2011, 09:29:25 PM »
Is there a "central" list that has all of this information in it and organized at all?
I believe that it is located on the main home page.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline Clint

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2011, 09:30:59 PM »

Try this:
http://nefirearm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=9

It's a link on the home page.....

Offline y0diggity

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2011, 09:43:44 PM »
Very cool! Thanks all.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #174 on: September 30, 2011, 01:33:43 AM »
Kwik Shop needs to be removed from the Bellevue list.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #175 on: September 30, 2011, 06:56:41 AM »
If you are ever looking for a good cigar in Omaha, Ted's Tobacco on 144th and Center has a "firearms welcome" sign.  I even saw a patron open carrying.

Offline y0diggity

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2011, 09:06:21 PM »
The mall in Scottsbluff is a no-gun zone, although its posting is pretty hit & miss.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2011, 09:44:45 PM »
A mall may have a no weapons policy, but in my opinion, unless the owners post conspicuous notice, at all entrances, stating that legally concealed handguns are not permitted, then it has not met the legal requirements that keep me from carrying there.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline y0diggity

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2011, 10:00:41 PM »
A mall may have a no weapons policy, but in my opinion, unless the owners post conspicuous notice, at all entrances, stating that legally concealed handguns are not permitted, then it has not met the legal requirements that keep me from carrying there.

I'm not sure what the penalty would be, I guess. I just got my CCW and I would be very disappointed to get it revoked already. :( That would be a real bummer.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #179 on: November 27, 2011, 10:11:01 PM »
The penalty is for knowingly violating a sign on the entrance. If the signage does not meet the legal requirements, I don't think it can be violated.

That's just my take.

I don't recommend you do anything similar without consulting your attorney
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder