< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101796 times)

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2011, 06:22:06 AM »
We will need to put alot of weight behind LB 88 in addition to Castle Doctrine. Perhaps Senator Fulton would make LB 88 his priority bill this next session? From what i got from the hearing Ashford did seem "understanding" in regards why Christensen brought LB 88.

Also, why is the Applebees in Bellevue on the "no ccw" list? I have always carried there and never seen a sign at the doors. The Burger Kings in Bellevue i'm not 100% sure on but they did remove their signs from all three Bellevue locations at one point or another. I ate there several times this summer at two of the locations and there were no signs. I haven't been at BK for several weeks though and i did notice some new sticker that was placed back in the spot where the old signs were while driving by. So i'm not sure if they have reposted or not. I will have to check again sometime.

The Burger King near Oakview Mall in Omaha next to Bag N' Save however is posted and has one sign at the front entrance but not at the "back" entrance which I discovered after having already entered the restaurant through the back entrance whilst ordering my meal. A friend and I went there for breakfast after my work shift was over and I was still dressed in my work (security) uniform. I decided to open carry because I wanted to show my friend that I wouldn't get any attention because I look like an "only one". After having noticed the sign I became afraid but came to the conclusion that I looked like I was an "only one" and people probably wouldn't care so we sat down and ate our food. As expected, nobody said a word. I was also open carrying so technically speaking i was not violating the CHP Act....am i right?..............plus I entered the restaurant seeing no sign when i walked in so I thought I was clear.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:38:14 AM by DanClrk51 »

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2011, 08:56:02 AM »
Just a little over 2 weeks until the new Legislative session  begins.  Everyone had better get ready to start writing some letters and emails to ALL of our fine Senators regarding NFOA-endorsed bills. 

Let's flood them in Lincoln!!

What is the organization working on in terms of legislative proposals? Why isn't there a discussion area for 2012 legislation?

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2011, 09:19:29 AM »
What is the organization working on in terms of legislative proposals? Why isn't there a discussion area for 2012 legislation?

We have several new items we have been discussing with Senators and among the Board.  Alot of the discussions have been about what it will take to get some of these things passed.  Everything that was proposed last year and not passed or indefianatly postponed is still on the table for this year as well as a couple of new items.  We will be posting the 2012 legislation as it gets proposed, part of why we do not post htings early is we do not want those who would oppose our bills to have the extra time to prepare, and many of those items will not make it to a bill this year.

As far as what we work on we get those ideas from the comments you folks make here as well as the conversations we have with members at gunshows members meetings ect.  We also discuss some of these things with other organizations Natioanlly so we can learn from their actions and see what kind of opposition they face and plan to overcome it.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2011, 10:13:11 AM »
We have several new items we have been discussing with Senators and among the Board.  Alot of the discussions have been about what it will take to get some of these things passed.  Everything that was proposed last year and not passed or indefianatly postponed is still on the table for this year as well as a couple of new items.  We will be posting the 2012 legislation as it gets proposed, part of why we do not post htings early is we do not want those who would oppose our bills to have the extra time to prepare, and many of those items will not make it to a bill this year.

Oh, I was under the impression that the "2011 Legislation" topic was restricted to members only and not viewable by others...

As far as what we work on we get those ideas from the comments you folks make here as well as the conversations we have with members at gunshows members meetings ect.  We also discuss some of these things with other organizations Natioanlly so we can learn from their actions and see what kind of opposition they face and plan to overcome it.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #204 on: December 21, 2011, 02:23:32 PM »
Oh, I was under the impression that the "2011 Legislation" topic was restricted to members only and not viewable by others...

It is but with the anonymity of the internet (and we purposely allow as much as possible) there is no real way of telling "who" anyone really is our what their true positions are.  So we choose to play some things close to the vest until things are in a position that they are moving before we have open discussion.

If you follow the Board Meeting Scheduals and Minutes you have a pretty good idea what we have been discussing.  Remember due to multiple things not everything we bring up or members bring up is even able to become a proposed bill at the initial time, but we keep notes on things and bring them back when the time is right.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 02:27:19 PM by AAllen »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2011, 08:15:06 PM »
The members of the NFOA submit the information that the list contains, and it will stay there until there is more than just a rumor that it has changed.

If you think that a place is unfairly on the list, then give me some real proof that it should not be. But let's err on the side of caution.

If you all recall, the Valentino's at 70th and Van Dorn in Lincoln has been reported as not having a sign on multiple occasions, once even by me, in error.  These signs get moved, covered over, hidden by other ads, etc. They may be out of view at times, but that does not really change the idea that the business in question is a CCW unfriendly place.

And I know that most of these signs do not meet the legal threshold for banning CCW, yet they remain on the list as the business has been deemed unfriendly to CCW by many reports from NFOA members
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline tackle8

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2012, 11:53:26 AM »
Was at Wendy's on north 27th in Lincoln.  Is connected to a convenience store.  The no weapons sign was showing as you walked out, but not as you walk in to the store.

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #207 on: January 04, 2012, 10:37:40 AM »
It may already be listed here (I didn't go through the whole nine pages), but the AAA office at 29th and O in Lincoln is posted.  I believe the sign prohibits all guns, not just CHP, and it is not especially prominent (see through decal mixed in with others on the door).  I missed it when I first went in for travel info, but caught it when I went back to take a class to be certified as a drivers education instructor.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #208 on: January 20, 2012, 10:43:06 PM »
Took kitty to the vet the other day.  South Omaha Animal Hospital (near 36th and Q).  They had the no-gun sign up... which to me seemed a bit redundant (but I was fine with, was already disarmed).

Looking at the unfriendly list, I see the Bellevue Animal Hospital.

I'm sorry -- but it's a vet / animal HOSPITAL.  Hospitals are already covered by law to not concealed carry in.  Do these places really need to be placed on the 'unfriendly' zone ?
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2012, 08:50:58 AM »
Took kitty to the vet the other day.  South Omaha Animal Hospital (near 36th and Q).  They had the no-gun sign up... which to me seemed a bit redundant (but I was fine with, was already disarmed).

Looking at the unfriendly list, I see the Bellevue Animal Hospital.

I'm sorry -- but it's a vet / animal HOSPITAL.  Hospitals are already covered by law to not concealed carry in.  Do these places really need to be placed on the 'unfriendly' zone ?

Well, even the "animal hospitals" here in gun unfriendly "we're the only ones" Columbus aren't posted.  I believe it's only human hospitals that are automatically off limits to fundamental human rights.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2012, 09:32:46 AM »
Actually, I think humans can carry there, it's just the dogs and cats that are prohibited.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #211 on: January 21, 2012, 11:37:38 AM »
So if I call my auto repair place the Auto Hospital, it becomes a banned place?  ::)
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #212 on: January 21, 2012, 12:12:06 PM »
It allows them to charge a lot for euthanizing your pet than a 5 cent .22 LR......

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2012, 12:16:30 PM »
Nebraska Revised Statute 71-419. Hospital, defined.

(1) Hospital means a facility where diagnosis, treatment, medical care, obstetrical care, nursing care, or related services are provided on an outpatient basis or on an inpatient basis for a period of more than twenty-four consecutive hours to persons who have an illness, injury, or deformity or to aged or infirm persons requiring or receiving convalescent care.

(2) Hospital includes a facility or part of a facility which provides space for a general acute hospital, a rehabilitation hospital, a long-term care hospital, a critical access hospital, or a psychiatric or mental hospital.

(3) Hospital does not include a health care practitioner facility in which persons do not receive care or treatment for a period of more than twenty-four consecutive hours.

Though paragraphs 2 & 3 don't use the term "person(s)", it is apparent (to me) from paragraph 3 that they are referring to locations that treat people, not animals.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2012, 09:00:40 PM »
Was there today, no code of conduct signs in the entrances at Oakview.  Never seen so many no smoking signs in my life though! Not trying to start controversy just stating that the signs are not there and I am not seeing them anywhere, or the rules sign which I think I saw at one time but it is gone tonight.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2012, 06:58:09 AM »
Fly.....you are so heartless.  You realize how offensive your language is to PETA???  Pets are "people" and have rights, too.  Now go drink your Kool Aid.  :)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2012, 12:52:35 PM »
Fly.....you are so heartless.  You realize how offensive your language is to PETA???  Pets are "people" and have rights, too.  Now go drink your Kool Aid.  :)

Dear PETA...I'm sorry.   ;D

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2012, 07:46:51 PM »
Dear PETA...I'm sorry.   ;D

Fly

PETA kills 1000 animals a day.

*cough*

Anyway ... re: actual statute wording relating to persons.

I stand corrected.

I would venture South Omaha Animal Hospital (35th & Q street Omaha) would need to be added to the list.  This is the one exception I'd make to shopping at a no-gun shop... cause... well.. they've always rocked and treat my animals really well etc.

Friend and I did detour from an IHOP last night due to no-gun signs.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2012, 08:07:32 PM »
Let it be known!

I am a member of PETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

There...I have said it!    :P

Offline Brunay

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #219 on: April 21, 2012, 02:26:55 PM »
just noticed the Git 'n' split @ 48th & Hwy 2 has a "no weapons allowed" sign.

time to find another gas station, again.

I am going to send them a letter as well.