< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101792 times)

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #240 on: July 10, 2012, 09:32:10 AM »
On a related note, would a Google map showing where all the Anti-CCW businesses are located be helpful?

Fly

That would be fantastic!  Are you volunteering to create one?  :D

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #241 on: July 10, 2012, 09:34:52 AM »
I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but the YMCA Spirit Park behind State Farm at 84th & O is posted. It is not what I would consider "conspicuous" when you walk in. It is more visible when you are leaving.

On a related note, would a Google map showing where all the Anti-CCW businesses are located be helpful?

Fly

Yeah, that would be neat. PM me if you need help. I'd be willing to help with the data entry.

Offline cracked junior

• Forum Member
« Reply #242 on: July 10, 2012, 10:48:17 PM »
Since Google is anti gun.  They might help make a national map. 

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #243 on: July 10, 2012, 11:08:24 PM »
I'm pretty damned sure Speedway Motors doesn't have the authority to confiscate a weapon - they can ask you to leave - that's about all they can do other than call the cops.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #244 on: July 10, 2012, 11:57:26 PM »
Yeah, that would be neat. PM me if you need help. I'd be willing to help with the data entry.
That would be fantastic!  Are you volunteering to create one?  :D

Yeah...I knew I was opening myself up to some extra work, but it might be a worthwhile project.  I've got a few personal items to clean up in the next month, and then I should be able to devote some time to this.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline ALiesveld

• Forum Member
« Reply #245 on: July 19, 2012, 04:24:36 PM »
Michael's at Southepoint has a sign up. I wasn't really that surprised seeing that coming from a crafts store. I was able to get what I was looking for next door at hobbytown though. I let them know via e-mail too.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #246 on: July 19, 2012, 11:06:27 PM »
Michael's at Southepoint has a sign up. I wasn't really that surprised seeing that coming from a crafts store. I was able to get what I was looking for next door at hobbytown though. I let them know via e-mail too.

I believe everything between Scheels and the golf shop are posted in that strip.  My wife goes shoe shopping so my son and I go to Hobbytown while we wait :)
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline blind_hunter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #247 on: July 22, 2012, 12:04:20 AM »
I was at Costco in Omaha today and noticed their sign was no longer being displayed.  The sign was text posted between the 2nd set of doors.  Did not notice new signs elsewhere.

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #248 on: July 22, 2012, 01:23:09 AM »
I was at Costco in Omaha today and noticed their sign was no longer being displayed.  The sign was text posted between the 2nd set of doors.  Did not notice new signs elsewhere.

If I recall right all Costco stores don't allow CCW, pretty sure it's a corporate policy. This is why I'm sticking with Sam's Club.

Offline cracked junior

• Forum Member
« Reply #249 on: July 23, 2012, 01:54:52 AM »
Does anyone know if olive garden in grand island is posted?   It just opened last month.

Offline Bsmacks76

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #250 on: August 02, 2012, 05:08:22 PM »
Stopped at Oak View in Omaha the other day. Did not see proper signage on the south entrance door. I knew Oak View was on the no fly list from this forum. Standing there waiting for someone in the restroom I noticed a sign on adjacent wall labeled " Proper Conduct" or something of the like. Very bottom entry was " No firearms or weapons" . It is so out of the way on a side wall you have to purposely make yourself look for it. How does this qualify as proper signage?

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #251 on: August 09, 2012, 11:41:29 AM »
Since No Frills and Bag N Save are now owned by the same company, I inquired about the "Anti" status below:

Request Submitted
Request to No Frills Supermarkets
Since the company is owned by the same folks who own Bag N Save, will No Frills now allow concealed carry of legal firearms in your stores? Currently, you are listed on the Ne Firearms Association as unfriendly. I frequent Bag N Save but would like to return to No Frills.

Will the parent company have the same rules for both companies?

I would appreciate a response to this.

Reply to the request:

Mr. Metz...

No Frills made the decision to remove their "no firearms" signs.  Our Loss Prevention Supervisor is in the process of removing the signs.  The signs are down at some locations and the remaining will be removed soon.

Tammy Zbylut
No Frills Supermarkets

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2012, 12:48:28 PM »
Sweet! Now I don't have to make excuses with the other Scout parents on why I can't bring myself to step inside the store. They have been great to our pack with donations and allowing us to pester their customers for supplies and cash for Joplin tornado victims, ringing the bell for the Salvation Army, and that dreaded popcorn.  But I hated the idea of stepping inside to do any business, knowing their stance on my and mine's right to defense. 
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline LawyerJan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2012, 08:20:33 PM »
We need to have Garmin build us grip panels like this Proximity Warning:

NRA, USCCA, NFOA

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #254 on: August 30, 2012, 05:01:49 PM »
Please add the Pizza Hut located at 11336 S. 96th St. Papillion, NE 68046 (Hwy 370 and 96th St) to the list of unfriendly businesses.  The main door to the store was posted on 8/28/2012 when I was there.

The signs are not really visable from outside of the business as they are the clear plastic signs about 3 inches tall and 2 wide and posted on the inside of the tinted glass doors.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #255 on: October 01, 2012, 05:08:34 AM »
Went to the Sinclair gas station in Arapahoe yesterday, you have to go in to pay for gas. After getting gas, I went to go in to the station to pay for it when I saw the sign down low by the door. I didn't know if I should just leave the money outside or call the cashier out to collect it.

Offline DoubleStack9

• Forum Member
« Reply #256 on: October 08, 2012, 07:21:34 PM »
Add Aksarben Cinema to the list of unfriendly businesses.  Sometime in the last week or so they posted "no guns" signs on each door.  The owner states that since they serve liquor they need to post, and is not open to discussing the issue even after being pointed out that he is wrong about the law.  This was my favorite theater but now I won't be patronizing their business until the sign is removed.

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #257 on: October 12, 2012, 01:14:02 PM »
I have been in communication with No Frills about the removal of their signs. I believe the Ashland store might have been the last to remove their signs. I was in the store on Wednesday night and the signs were still up. On Thursday, I went to the "contact us" page to ask when the signs would be removed. Within a couple of hours, I got an email followed up with a phone call that the Ashland store signs were down. http://www.nofrillssupermarkets.com/locations/corporate/nf00/

I suggest we declare No Frills as friendly and if we run across a posted store, contact them and it will be removed quickly!    ;D

We spent a bunch of dollars in a previously posted No Frills today...nice store!

Offline LM4202

• Forum Member
« Reply #258 on: October 16, 2012, 01:37:15 AM »
The No Frills in Bellevue on Harlan Drive is still posted of this date, 15 Oct 12. 

And this is the store that was robbed at gun point a few months back.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 01:39:25 AM by LM4202 »

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #259 on: October 16, 2012, 09:34:52 AM »
The No Frills in Papillion doesn't have the sign anymore (at least I couldn't find it).
That was as of Sunday.