< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101793 times)

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #280 on: November 08, 2012, 12:39:28 PM »
While we're on the subject of hotels ... does anyone know if the Hilton in downtown Omaha is criminal-friendly or not?  I have a meeting there this afternoon.

TIA
Not sure but I would doubt it is CCW friendly as I believe that is the one that is owned by the city of Omaha.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #281 on: November 08, 2012, 01:10:08 PM »
Not sure but I would doubt it is CCW friendly as I believe that is the one that is owned by the city of Omaha.

Guess I'll find out in a couple hours.

Offline zombiehunter84

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #282 on: November 08, 2012, 01:23:58 PM »
Guess I'll find out in a couple hours.

They do not.

Thank you for your message to Hilton Reservations and Customer Care.

We apologize for the delay in responding. We experienced some e-mail systems issues that have now been resolved. It is our policy that we do not allow anyone (including off duty law enforcement officers) to possess firearms in any of our hotels. The only exceptions are:

A. Sworn federal, state or local law enforcement officers while on official business and, when off duty, when required to carry weapons in the jurisdiction by statute, ordinance or rule, or an exception otherwise made by a Regional Senior Vice President.

B. Insured and/or bonded armored car service employees under contract to the hotel, hotel guests, tenants or concessionaires, when required by law or for insurance.

C. Airline flight crew members authorized by federal law who have current and valid credentials issued by the Department of Homeland Security/TSA as Federal Flight Deck Officers ("FFDOs").

You may request in the future that the hotel store your unloaded firearm in a Safe Deposit Box during your stay.

It is our intention is simply to provide a reasonable degree of safety and security at all times for every guest, tenant, customer, visitor and team member coming onto our property.

We appreciate this opportunity to assist you and thank you for your continued loyalty! If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the HHonors Service Center nearest you:

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...t,HeadCustomer

Best regards,

John
Senior Lead Email Coordinator
Customer Care Email Department
Hilton Reservations and Customer Care
Diamond Special Services
Hilton Worldwide

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #283 on: November 08, 2012, 05:06:39 PM »
No signs on the entry doors.  Didn't see any in the lobby either.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #284 on: November 08, 2012, 09:39:30 PM »
Just a thought, but concealed means concealed, and if it is out of sight, it is out of mind.

By seeking out the information from the establishment, you bring it "into mind," and in some cases may cause an easily imaginable response of some manager saying "You know, we should put up some signs."

Due to the ignorance of far too many, bringing attention to this issue can illicit only a negative reaction from the general population, as seen with the public outcry for an AWB after the Aurora incident. The AWB expired in 2004 with no real outcry to have it renewed, until some jackball brings attention to it by using an "Assault Weapon" to murder and maim a 50 some odd number innocent people.

The establishment has the responsibility of posting signage or informing you. In other words, I would generally discourage actively seeking out the information from the establishment.

When dealing with the AVERAGE manager, it is far easier to get them to put up signs than to take them down.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:41:57 PM by wallace11bravo »

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #285 on: November 09, 2012, 08:16:02 AM »
They do not.

We apologize for the delay in responding. We experienced some e-mail systems issues that have now been resolved. It is our policy that we do not allow anyone (including off duty law enforcement officers) to possess firearms in any of our hotels. The only exceptions are:

A. Sworn federal, state or local law enforcement officers while on official business and, when off duty, when required to carry weapons in the jurisdiction by statute, ordinance or rule, or an exception otherwise made by a Regional Senior Vice President.

B. Insured and/or bonded armored car service employees under contract to the hotel, hotel guests, tenants or concessionaires, when required by law or for insurance.

C. Airline flight crew members authorized by federal law who have current and valid credentials issued by the Department of Homeland Security/TSA as Federal Flight Deck Officers ("FFDOs").

You may request in the future that the hotel store your unloaded firearm in a Safe Deposit Box during your stay.

It is our intention is simply to provide a reasonable degree of safety and security at all times for every guest, tenant, customer, visitor and team member coming onto our property.

We appreciate this opportunity to assist you and thank you for your continued loyalty! If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the HHonors Service Center nearest you:

Best regards,

John
Diamond Special Services
Hilton Worldwide

I would write them back and ask them what their definition of "reasonable" is, and if they are providing an armed bodyguard for you and accepting all resposibility for your safety, since they are taking away your ability to protect yourself by forcing you to be disarmed while on their premises.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #286 on: November 09, 2012, 08:25:05 AM »
I would write them back and ask them what their definition of "reasonable" is, and if they are providing an armed bodyguard for you and accepting all resposibility for your safety, since they are taking away your ability to protect yourself by forcing you to be disarmed while on their premises.
DING DING. THAT"S EXACTLY WHAT WENT THROUGH MY MIND WHEN I READ THAT TIDBIT!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline zombiehunter84

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #287 on: November 09, 2012, 09:51:51 AM »
My brother sent an email to them as he was looking for a hotel that is CCW friendly while he was traveling earlier this year. That is the response he got. I agree, unless they have armed personnel, that is complete and utter BS.. ESPECIALLY this..

"It is our policy that we do not allow anyone (including off duty law enforcement officers) to possess firearms in any of our hotels."

They cannot tell an LE officer that he cannot carry there.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #288 on: November 09, 2012, 10:05:37 AM »
The net of it is, they don't have signs up indicating their policy.  The law requires them to put up signs.  (I checked two different entrances - the main entrance and the one from the parking garage.)

Offline zombiehunter84

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #289 on: November 09, 2012, 10:15:47 AM »
The net of it is, they don't have signs up indicating their policy.  The law requires them to put up signs.  (I checked two different entrances - the main entrance and the one from the parking garage.)

Thats all that matters, glad we could get a sign check there!

Offline LM4202

• Forum Member
« Reply #290 on: November 09, 2012, 02:31:52 PM »
Just a thought, but concealed means concealed, and if it is out of sight, it is out of mind.

By seeking out the information from the establishment, you bring it "into mind," and in some cases may cause an easily imaginable response of some manager saying "You know, we should put up some signs."

Due to the ignorance of far too many, bringing attention to this issue can illicit only a negative reaction from the general population, as seen with the public outcry for an AWB after the Aurora incident. The AWB expired in 2004 with no real outcry to have it renewed, until some jackball brings attention to it by using an "Assault Weapon" to murder and maim a 50 some odd number innocent people.

The establishment has the responsibility of posting signage or informing you. In other words, I would generally discourage actively seeking out the information from the establishment.

When dealing with the AVERAGE manager, it is far easier to get them to put up signs than to take them down.

Agreed.  The more this issue is brought up, it becomes more likely that they will post the signs.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #291 on: November 09, 2012, 03:43:23 PM »
Every time I hear about a Motel or Hotel banning firearms, I wonder just how they can ban firearms in a room that is your legal domicile for the duration of your stay.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #292 on: November 09, 2012, 03:55:06 PM »
Every time I hear about a Motel or Hotel banning firearms, I wonder just how they can ban firearms in a room that is your legal domicile for the duration of your stay.

Where is the Like Button?

Offline smitty81

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #293 on: November 11, 2012, 07:27:07 PM »

I was actually going to post on here about my trip to Lincoln this past weekend.

As a CCW permit holder, I have been really watching for door signs. We stayed at the Americ Inn down south along hwy 2. 

In the little book in our room, it said no firearms allowed in the gotel.

However, the entrance had no sign.

I opted to just keep my mouth shut and carry on.

Americ Inn should be put on the list???

Offline Nebraska12

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #294 on: November 22, 2012, 08:57:52 AM »
I frequent the Applebee's in Bellevue and checked the front foyer yesterday for signage. I was prompted to do so for two reasons: 1) this site has it listed 2) a guest that was obviously CC'ing. Let me make clear that I was not checking to confront the patron, but, only to see whether the signage had changed. I took some time to both check the foyer and the exterior of the building. I did not notice any anti-weapons signage. But,  will check again sometime over the weekend.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 10:55:49 PM by Nebraska12 »
'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'[/SIZE][/I]

Offline Nebraska12

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #295 on: November 22, 2012, 09:10:38 AM »
They do not.

Best regards,

John
Diamond Special Services
Hilton Worldwide

So, my first thought with this: They want a citizen that has had a background check to obtain a firearm, hand their weapon over to a Hotel Clerk for storage? I don't know anything about that person....not going to happen. Unloaded only means unloaded only as far as the next Walmart for a quick ammo purchase. Simply said, I wouldn't trust them with my weapon. I don't know them from Adam. Just my 2 cents.

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #296 on: November 22, 2012, 09:18:18 AM »
What if the one working at the counter has a felony record that doesn't allow him to come into contact with a gun?

Offline Nebraska12

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #297 on: December 18, 2012, 10:55:02 PM »
Checked and double checked...I did not see that Applebee's in Bellevue was posted anywhere. I've probably checked their front door and foyer area at least 3 or 4 times.

Offline webtrekker

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #298 on: February 09, 2013, 09:44:32 AM »
Does anyone know if the Centry-Link Center is anti-CCW or the Home&Garden Expo event?  Would like to head down there this weekend, but don't want to get there only to be required to walk back to the car and leave my firearm.
Thanks

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #299 on: February 09, 2013, 10:51:08 AM »
^^ I believe I have read on here it is posted.

I recently stayed at a Embassy Suites which is owned by Hilton in KC and noticed the damn sign on the revolving door.  Now I’m not going to check my weapon with a clerk and certainly not going to leave it locked in the truck overnight.  I just used the single door where there was no sign and concealed means concealed.  In the future I will not go there.