< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101776 times)

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #300 on: February 09, 2013, 11:06:54 AM »
^^ I believe I have read on here it is posted.

Yes, CenturyLink is posted.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #301 on: February 13, 2013, 12:37:16 PM »
I went to the food court on the South East side of the South Pointe, close to the intersection of 32nd and Pine Lake road.  As I opened the door I  noticed  a "No Guns" sign.   There are several food vendors in that court, so  it must be the court management that has the policy.

Offline Bsmacks76

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #302 on: February 24, 2013, 11:19:20 AM »
May have missed it in my search, but what about Scheels at Village Point?

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #303 on: February 24, 2013, 12:16:33 PM »
May have missed it in my search, but what about Scheels at Village Point?
Scheels itself is carry friendly.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #304 on: February 24, 2013, 03:56:07 PM »
Hotels. Motels.

They have a issue some may not have thought of.

Years ago, my wife and I stayed at a motel while motorcycling across the country.  Five minutes into our room, we decided we wanted another room, went down to the desk, and switched rooms. 

The next morning, while we were packing to continue on, we discovered we had not moved something from our first room to the second room.  The people in our first room checked out ahead of us, and we lost that item. 

It was not a gun, but what if someone did leave a gun in a room, and someone found it?

I cannot disagree with a hotel policy of no guns, because of what happened to me. 

Offline rudy

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #305 on: February 24, 2013, 07:08:29 PM »
Hotels. Motels.

They have a issue some may not have thought of.

Years ago, my wife and I stayed at a motel while motorcycling across the country.  Five minutes into our room, we decided we wanted another room, went down to the desk, and switched rooms. 

The next morning, while we were packing to continue on, we discovered we had not moved something from our first room to the second room.  The people in our first room checked out ahead of us, and we lost that item. 

It was not a gun, but what if someone did leave a gun in a room, and someone found it?

I cannot disagree with a hotel policy of no guns, because of what happened to me.
I would argue that you would be responsible for losing your firearm regardless of if it's a hotel room, a public restroom or anywhere else.

On a related note, I wonder if it would even be legal for a hotel to ban guns because it would be considered your dwelling?  A dwelling, as defined by NE Statute 28-1406 (http://nebraskalegislature.gov/laws/statutes.php?statute=28-1406) states "...Dwelling shall mean any building or structure, though movable or temporary, or a portion thereof, which is for the time being the actor's home or place of lodging; ..."  I would think that a hotel would be considered a temporary lodging, and hence a dwelling with all the things that that entails, such as no duty to retreat, etc.  Of course, I'm not a lawyer and this is just my curious ramblings.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #306 on: February 24, 2013, 07:14:40 PM »
On a related note, I wonder if it would even be legal for a hotel to ban guns because it would be considered your dwelling?  A dwelling, as defined by NE Statute 28-1406 (http://nebraskalegislature.gov/laws/statutes.php?statute=28-1406) states "...Dwelling shall mean any building or structure, though movable or temporary, or a portion thereof, which is for the time being the actor's home or place of lodging; ..."  I would think that a hotel would be considered a temporary lodging, and hence a dwelling with all the things that that entails, such as no duty to retreat, etc.  Of course, I'm not a lawyer and this is just my curious ramblings.

That is the way I see it too
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #307 on: February 24, 2013, 07:49:59 PM »
The hotel/motel question came up in my CHP class last Saturday.  I read it the same way, Dan.  But I left myself an out in case I'm wrong.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #308 on: February 27, 2013, 02:48:54 PM »
There's a mini strip mall near Galvin / Cornhusker.

Has a Papa Johns, DI's Hair Salon, Bank of NE, and a Great Dragon (or Golden Dragon or something).

Anyhoo, the parking lot for the strip mall is pretty small, and has only two entrances.  Both of which are marked with a sign as no-carry.

So whoever owns the strip mall property has that stuff up.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline AndyV

• Forum Member

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #310 on: March 12, 2013, 08:14:29 PM »
Add the National Safety Council of Nebraska.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #311 on: March 13, 2013, 12:54:40 PM »
Add the National Safety Council of Nebraska.

Ironic, but not surprising.   ::)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #312 on: March 13, 2013, 01:18:34 PM »

Ironic, but not surprising.   ::)

Yeah, they had brochures all over the place for concealed carry classed. LOL

Offline jakub

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #313 on: March 30, 2013, 08:17:08 PM »
Wahoo Super is posted no guns. Sign is nowhere near the door. It is on the front window as far as possible from the door.

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #314 on: March 31, 2013, 08:44:15 AM »
I've been watching armslist.com pretty regularly in case a deal happens to show up. I've seen a lot of ads posted by 13th Street Jewelry and Loan in regards to ammo and guns. Never been there and I happened to be in the area so I thought I'd check it out.

I guess I am pretty naive and just not used to the ways of an urban pawn shop. First off, you step into this tiny entry way where you speak to the employee through a microphone since they are behind a glass window. I then had to wait my turn since evidently, they only allow one Customer in the store at a time. When it was "my turn", I was asked "Do you have any guns on you"? (I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt). I almost left then, but thought since I was there, I'd go ahead and check it out.

I get inside and there is very, very little "inventory" to look at. I am surprised this dump even survives. Then, I spot a brick of Thunderbolt .22 rounds and several loose 50 round boxes. The sticker says $2.50 per 50 round box. I thought, oh well, I haven't bought any .22 ammo lately and I had a few bucks in my pocket so I'd go ahead and buy a couple since I was there. I told the lady I'd take 4 boxes (200 rounds at $10). It came to $44!  :o The actual price for a 50 round box was between $11 and $13! Of course I left without any ammo...and a vow to NEVER return to that store again. I sort of expect for a pawn shop or similar store to have slightly higher prices, but this was ridiculous.

Not only are they not CCW friendly, the store is entirely not Customer friendly and their prices are insane.

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #315 on: March 31, 2013, 01:00:03 PM »
I've been watching armslist.com pretty regularly in case a deal happens to show up. I've seen a lot of ads posted by 13th Street Jewelry and Loan in regards to ammo and guns. Never been there and I happened to be in the area so I thought I'd check it out.

I guess I am pretty naive and just not used to the ways of an urban pawn shop. First off, you step into this tiny entry way where you speak to the employee through a microphone since they are behind a glass window. I then had to wait my turn since evidently, they only allow one Customer in the store at a time. When it was "my turn", I was asked "Do you have any guns on you"? (I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt). I almost left then, but thought since I was there, I'd go ahead and check it out.

I get inside and there is very, very little "inventory" to look at. I am surprised this dump even survives. Then, I spot a brick of Thunderbolt .22 rounds and several loose 50 round boxes. The sticker says $2.50 per 50 round box. I thought, oh well, I haven't bought any .22 ammo lately and I had a few bucks in my pocket so I'd go ahead and buy a couple since I was there. I told the lady I'd take 4 boxes (200 rounds at $10). It came to $44!  :o The actual price for a 50 round box was between $11 and $13! Of course I left without any ammo...and a vow to NEVER return to that store again. I sort of expect for a pawn shop or similar store to have slightly higher prices, but this was ridiculous.

Not only are they not CCW friendly, the store is entirely not Customer friendly and their prices are insane.
I can understand why pawn shops don't want any armed customers coming in, CHP or not.  Seems like a sound business decision in light of the clientele they deal with. 

Offline roughcut

• Forum Member
« Reply #316 on: March 31, 2013, 03:08:01 PM »
Creighton University and all its vehicles. I know it states this in the law. However it is not very well posted on campus and it bears noting. I can tell you from personal experience Creighton is very anti weapon.

Offline bloodypiker

• Forum Member
« Reply #317 on: April 11, 2013, 07:14:40 PM »
Looks like we can take NFM off the anti-ccw list and add them to the pro-ccw one.

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/CCW-To-Be-Allowed-Inside-Nebraska-Furniture-Mart-202435271.html

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #318 on: April 11, 2013, 07:57:10 PM »
Sams Club? Wal Mart?  If someone would save me 16 pages of reading, that would be great.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #319 on: April 11, 2013, 08:19:11 PM »
Sams Club? Wal Mart? 

If you are inquiring about if the above are anti-CCW, the answer would be no.  One reason to not become a Costco member or drop your membership....