< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101757 times)

Offline BT1288

• Forum Member
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #340 on: November 05, 2013, 09:38:14 AM »
Ameritas Group (life insurance, investments, dental insurance) in Lincoln is unfriendly.

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #341 on: November 13, 2013, 07:24:18 AM »
From the Nebraska Crossing Outlet Mall:

Hi Wilson,
It has been determined that Nebraska Crossing will be a gun free zone and we will have signage that represents this on our property.

Thank you,
Nebraska Crossing Outlets
www.nexoutlets.com

Offline stevec68112

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #342 on: November 15, 2013, 07:42:09 AM »
The listing for anti-firearm businesses shows the Napa store on Cornhusker in Bellevue.  There is no sign on the door and when I asked, the employees had no knowledge if any restrictions.

Offline Eatfat1961

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #343 on: December 05, 2013, 06:29:13 PM »
I am a new member and new to the forum, so I hope I get this posted in the right place. When the new No Frills at 204th & Pacific first opened, they had a "no firearms, even legally concealed ones" sign on the door. I wrote them a letter and two weeks later it was gone. I am sure I was not the only one. We must continue to let those who would infringe on our rights hear from us.

Glad to be a member and part of the forum!

Offline Eatfat1961

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #344 on: December 17, 2013, 08:12:09 AM »
When we asked the manager in Costco about their policy, he handed us the policy statement from their website that says you can NOT carry in Costco. When we informed us that they should have a sign on their door stating such, they said they don't have to do that to be able to enforce their policy BECAUSE they are a club store and, therefore, are not a place of "'public accommodation' within the meaning of civil rights laws. The definition of 'public accommodation' does not include a bona fide private club or other establishment that is not in fact open to the public".

They obviously have lawyers too! Costco, in my opinion, is trying to have it both ways here. They have a policy, but REFUSE to post such notification on the front of the store because they KNOW that in this state it would cost them business. I am dumping my Costco membership and joining Sam's Club.

Offline Medicineman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #345 on: December 28, 2013, 09:42:22 PM »
New to NFOA but wanted to let you know Omaha Primary Eye Care 146th and Center in Omaha now has an anti gun sign posted at the front door.
-Medicineman

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #346 on: December 29, 2013, 08:54:48 AM »
When we asked the manager in Costco about their policy, he handed us the policy statement from their website that says you can NOT carry in Costco. When we informed us that they should have a sign on their door stating such, they said they don't have to do that to be able to enforce their policy BECAUSE they are a club store and, therefore, are not a place of "'public accommodation' within the meaning of civil rights laws. The definition of 'public accommodation' does not include a bona fide private club or other establishment that is not in fact open to the public".

They obviously have lawyers too! Costco, in my opinion, is trying to have it both ways here. They have a policy, but REFUSE to post such notification on the front of the store because they KNOW that in this state it would cost them business. I am dumping my Costco membership and joining Sam's Club.

Good to know....I was considering switching from Sams to Costco.....not now
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #347 on: December 29, 2013, 08:20:24 PM »

Do they sell alcohol?   If so, they cannot charge a membership fee, for alcohol in Nebraska.    Anyone, of legal age, can walk into a Cosco or Sam's Club, and purchase a bottle of wine, without a membership fee. 

This being the case, the premises, is not a private club, and does not benefit from private club status. 

Offline patrickdm

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #348 on: December 29, 2013, 10:28:11 PM »
So where does COSTCO stand? Do they need to post a sign or not? I would hate to see anyone get caught and get in trouble for carrying concealed inside based on technicalities. If they don't want folks carrying then we should let as many folks know as possible.

Offline patrickdm

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #349 on: December 29, 2013, 10:33:24 PM »
I'm aware this isn't in Nebraska but I believe it's a pretty popular place in Iowa for Nebraska motorcycle riders. The Twisted Tail in BeeBeeTown Iowa now has a sign on the front door stating no firearms. Mods if I'm out of line my apologies.

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #350 on: December 31, 2013, 10:00:46 PM »
Do they sell alcohol?   If so, they cannot charge a membership fee, for alcohol in Nebraska.    Anyone, of legal age, can walk into a Cosco or Sam's Club, and purchase a bottle of wine, without a membership fee. 

This being the case, the premises, is not a private club, and does not benefit from private club status. 

Go give it a try and report back,okay?

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #351 on: January 03, 2014, 06:01:30 PM »
The listing for anti-firearm businesses shows the Napa store on Cornhusker in Bellevue.  There is no sign on the door and when I asked, the employees had no knowledge if any restrictions.

Last time I went in there it was on the glass next to the left side entrance, not on the door itself.  Several years out of date mind you, I have not been back since.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline jestermx6

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #352 on: January 15, 2014, 10:46:38 AM »
I didn't see it on the front page and search in the forum didn't come up with anything.

Anyone know about Blue Moon fitness being posted? i'm considering joining but haven't been by the building yet and was wondering if anyone on here knew.

thanks

edit: no reply before i got off work so i just went and checked out for myself. no signage posted on the front door or thereabouts. went in, got a tour, signed up.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 07:26:38 AM by jestermx6 »

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #353 on: January 23, 2014, 11:18:45 AM »
is there anything anti about village point as a whole, or is it store by store preference?

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #354 on: January 23, 2014, 12:39:32 PM »
it must be store by store, I called Scheels a while back and they told me I can conceal carry there, so I do. I do not go to many other stores there so I do not have knowledge of them.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #355 on: January 23, 2014, 07:18:53 PM »
it must be store by store, I called Scheels a while back and they told me I can conceal carry there, so I do. I do not go to many other stores there so I do not have knowledge of them.
Scheels is posted for allowing legal concealed carry, sign is on front door when entering.

Offline jestermx6

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #356 on: January 24, 2014, 09:33:04 AM »
Scheels is posted for allowing legal concealed carry, sign is on front door when entering.

which door is front? we walked in the door that faces outside the mall and didn't see a sign last week.

Offline Dave67h

• Forum Member
« Reply #357 on: January 30, 2014, 01:09:18 PM »
Hiro 88 in the Railyard - I work there. We have no posted anti-gun signs and have several Big Shots employees that are frequent visitors. Come on out!

Offline oldjohnsr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #358 on: February 12, 2014, 03:51:13 PM »
I need some help. I the Durham Outpatient Clinic part of a hospital? It has no sign up about no CCW so am I correct in my thinking that it is ok to carry there. Thank you for your help. John

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #359 on: February 12, 2014, 05:40:21 PM »
Durham Outpatient Clinic part of a hospital?

Not gospel, but someone posted a while back the definition of a hospital requires the ability to admit you as a patient...not sure where they got that information or if it applies in this case. I would recommend not CCW'ing there until you are sure
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.