< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101784 times)

Offline oldjohnsr

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #360 on: February 12, 2014, 07:19:02 PM »
Thank you Dan. I try not to leave my $ where i'm not welcome but at times I must ( VA hospital and my wives Dr visits) it seems like you have to at times. Again thank you Dan. My money has been kind of tight lately but after the first of the month I will set aside few $ every month to help out my fellow Nebraskans. They have helped me in ways they will never know. John

Offline MartyH

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #361 on: February 13, 2014, 06:02:59 AM »
In Plattsmouth, there are no signs posted at No Frills supermarket.  The list says that sign removal is pending, so it apparently has been accomplished.

Offline oldjohnsr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #362 on: February 16, 2014, 12:01:42 PM »
Thank you Dan. I was able to find this on their site. They seem to do their best to hide stuff. I hope this will help others. I'm sorry if I did this wrong. John

Policy No.: 2001
Effective Date: 07/20/90
Revised Date: 07/08/09
Reviewed Date: 11/30/12

Deadly Weapon Policy
Policy

It is the policy of the University of Nebraska Medical Center to prohibit possession of deadly weapons on University property. For purposes of this policy, a deadly weapon can be identified as any firearm, knife, bludgeon, or other device, instrument, material, or substance, whether animate or inanimate, which, in the manner it is used or is intended to be used, is capable of producing death or serious bodily injury.

No persons, on or entering University premises, will be allowed to retain in their possession firearms, guns, weapons, ammunition explosives or incendiary devices. Any item classifiable as a potentially dangerous weapon, and for which a purpose of possession cannot be established, is prohibited. Members of the law enforcement agencies of municipal, county, state and federal governments on official visits on campus are exempt from this provision.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #363 on: February 16, 2014, 03:16:56 PM »
It is the policy of the University of Nebraska Medical Center to prohibit possession of deadly weapons on University property.

You should have included the information that the clinic is located on University property....possession of a handgun on any school property is a felony, except that a CHP holder can securely store their legally carried handgun in their car while parked on University property, or on their person while driving through the property, but it must never leave the car.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bkent

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #364 on: February 16, 2014, 04:00:53 PM »
You should have included the information that the clinic is located on University property....possession of a handgun on any school property is a felony, except that a CHP holder can securely store their legally carried handgun in their car while parked on University property, or on their person while driving through the property, but it must never leave the car.

And some Universities ban all weapons everywhere on property they control, even parking lots.

"The possession of deadly weapons on property controlled by the University of Nebraska Omaha is prohibited. This restriction includes weapons concealed or not concealed, on the person or in a vehicle."

https://www.unomaha.edu/policies/docs/Weapon%20Prohibition.pdf

Kent

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #365 on: February 16, 2014, 04:33:32 PM »
UNO can say anything they want, but I don't believe they can legally do that

018.06 Except as prohibited by federal law, a permit holder may carry a concealed handgun in a vehicle or on his or her person while riding in or on a vehicle into or onto any parking area which is open to the public and used by any of the places or premises listed in Section 018.01 above if the handgun is not removed from the vehicle and the handgun is properly secured in the vehicle before the permit holder exits the vehicle. To be properly secured in the vehicle, the handgun must be locked inside the glove box, trunk or other compartment of the vehicle, in a storage box attached to the vehicle, or in a securely attached hardened compartment if the vehicle is a motorcycle.

UNO falls into this category

018.01I School building, school grounds, school-owned vehicle, or school-sponsored activity or athletic event of any public,private, denominational, or parochial elementary, vocational, or secondary school, a private postsecondary career school as defined in Nebraska Revised Statutes § 85-1603, a community college, or a public or private college, junior college, or university;
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #366 on: February 16, 2014, 09:42:54 PM »
And some Universities ban all weapons everywhere on property they control, even parking lots.

"The possession of deadly weapons on property controlled by the University of Nebraska Omaha is prohibited. This restriction includes weapons concealed or not concealed, on the person or in a vehicle."

Kent
UNO can say anything they want, but I don't believe they can legally do that

UNO falls into this category

I assume that would be the case for the general public, but I would assume for students enrolled at UNO that they would be subject to school policies, similar to employees.  We as CHP holders can store a weapon in a secure place in our car on school grounds, but teachers can still be prohibited from having a weapon in the car as a condition of employment.  It might not have teh force of law, but still applies as a policy, I would think anyway.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #367 on: February 16, 2014, 09:45:40 PM »
I assume that would be the case for the general public, but I would assume for students enrolled at UNO that they would be subject to school policies, similar to employees.  We as CHP holders can store a weapon in a secure place in our car on school grounds, but teachers can still be prohibited from having a weapon in the car as a condition of employment.  It might not have teh force of law, but still applies as a policy, I would think anyway.

Correct

But I was responding to a patient at the clinic. Niether a student nor an employee of UNO
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline AllForOne

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #368 on: March 03, 2014, 08:27:10 PM »

Kent
As a graduate student and teaching assistant at the UNO, I brought this concern straight to campus security and spoke with the officer in charge. He told me that I could legally store my pistol in my car (glovebox, safe, etc.) when I park it on campus.

On a side note, with the re-finishing of the parking garage signs, the "postings" have been removed.

Another addition: Red Cross at 38th and Dewey in Omaha is posted.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #369 on: March 03, 2014, 08:33:29 PM »
Ask that Campus Security Officer if he is willing to put that in writing on University letterhead.

Bet he won't.....

Offline Eatfat1961

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #370 on: March 10, 2014, 01:54:30 PM »
I just cancelled my Costco membership due to their CCW policy. The store in Omaha is NOT posted. When a buddy of mine asked about this, the manager told him that Costco has a national policy prohibiting CCW, BUT hey get by without posting their stores because they are, technically anyway, not open to the public since they are a "club". This is Costco's way of straddling the fence on this issue.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #371 on: March 10, 2014, 01:58:31 PM »
I just cancelled my Costco membership due to their CCW policy. The store in Omaha is NOT posted. When a buddy of mine asked about this, the manager told him that Costco has a national policy prohibiting CCW, BUT hey get by without posting their stores because they are, technically anyway, not open to the public since they are a "club". This is Costco's way of straddling the fence on this issue.

Glad to hear you cancelled your membership. Costco doesn't even have the cajones to make their anti-gun discrimination public.

Offline rpcowboy4x4

• Forum Member
« Reply #372 on: March 13, 2014, 12:54:57 AM »
In regards to UNO, how could they even enforce their policy?  I wish them the best of luck  :laugh: UNMC just banned everything in their policy as the belt holding up my pants has potential to be a deadly weapon. So I guess interpretation is key.

In brighter news, Plattsmouth Hyvee hasn't confronted me while open carrying. No signage, but company policy is not very permissive on weapons. NAPA is also friendly in Plattsmouth. 8)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #373 on: April 22, 2014, 05:23:12 PM »
I didn't take a picture of it, but the Salvation Army in Bellevue near 370 and Galvin is posted. (April 22nd 2014).

The GoodBytes store (goodwill tech stuff) on 72nd and F has on their front door a clause that includes "weapons free".   I should probably have taken a picture of it for clarification.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Eatfat1961

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #374 on: May 22, 2014, 04:19:36 PM »
Another place NOT to eat out!
http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/chipotle-bans-guns

Pizza Hut also does not allow carry.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #375 on: June 28, 2014, 10:23:41 PM »
Texas Roadhouse in Papillion is now an unarmed victim zone.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #376 on: June 29, 2014, 08:48:11 AM »
Texas Roadhouse in Papillion is now an unarmed victim zone.

Thank you Nebraska Open Carry. ... ( sigh )

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #377 on: June 29, 2014, 09:35:20 AM »
In regards to UNO, how could they even enforce their policy?  I wish them the best of luck  :laugh: UNMC just banned everything in their policy as the belt holding up my pants has potential to be a deadly weapon. So I guess interpretation is key.

In brighter news, Plattsmouth Hyvee hasn't confronted me while open carrying. No signage, but company policy is not very permissive on weapons. NAPA is also friendly in Plattsmouth. 8)

Two things, welcome!

And secondly, what are you open carrying in Hy-Vee?

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #378 on: June 29, 2014, 11:49:35 AM »
Thank you Nebraska Open Carry. ... ( sigh )
Yep. I hate to say it, but in the words of Sheldon;
"I Informed You Thusly! Oh How I Informed You Thusly"
 :'( :-[ :'( :-[
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #379 on: June 29, 2014, 08:31:07 PM »
I ate at the Papillion Texas Roadhouse tonight and didn't see any no guns signs. Then again, I wasn't looking for any.
I'll decline to say if I was carrying or not :)