< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101786 times)

Offline Kodiak

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #440 on: January 08, 2015, 10:33:37 PM »
Has anyone put the nra on here yet? Nra sanctioned shows and events that they don't allow carry is about as hypothetical as it gets. "We want people to be able to carry, but not at our events. After all, now we're talking about our money/security/any other reason"

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #441 on: January 08, 2015, 10:54:16 PM »
Has anyone put the nra on here yet? Nra sanctioned shows and events that they don't allow carry is about as hypothetical hypocritical as it gets. "We want people to be able to carry, but not at our events. After all, now we're talking about our money/security/any other reason"

Damn auto correct...huh.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #442 on: January 09, 2015, 05:58:27 AM »
Has anyone put the nra on here yet? Nra sanctioned shows and events that they don't allow carry is about as hypothetical as it gets. "We want people to be able to carry, but not at our events. After all, now we're talking about our money/security/any other reason"

What are these NRA sanctioned shows and events? 
The only things they have around Omaha that I know of are the Friends of the NRA dinners. I didn't carry at the last one I attended because I had a couple cocktails, but I didn't see any no-gun signs.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #443 on: January 09, 2015, 09:40:41 AM »

I note that often groups don't get choices about those sorts of things because the venue itself may have rules about it, often required by their insurance.  I realize some people would say "Well then, don't use that venue!" but the response to that is how many large-scale venues do people think are available?

I'm not saying I like it--but I will say that often, that decision (carry/no-carry) is out of the hands of the organization who is holding the event.  So to say that carry isn't allowed at NRA events isn't quite correct, to my understanding.

(Similar example:  ENGC holds their monthly meetings in a place that is all about service, both military service and service to the community.  And yet---carry is not allowed.  For a gun club meeting.  I don't hold that against the club, though it IS rather annoying.  The club doesn't have a choice about it.)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #444 on: February 22, 2015, 07:19:47 PM »
Fort Western in Lincoln has a sign like this on the entrance to the work wear store...spied it while shopping for Carhartt jackets

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #445 on: February 23, 2015, 06:16:13 AM »
Most gun shows are no carry for safety reasons and that most have insurance ( including NRA ) that don't allow it.  After the discharge at a recent local show, and how some folks just like to whip guns around at these things, I tend to understand.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline compudoc

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #446 on: March 22, 2015, 01:28:45 PM »
Dollar General in Broken Bow is posted (No Firearms Allowed).  Sign is definitely not conspicuously posted but it is there.  Talked to the only person I saw (gave her a no guns no$ card) and she stated that the sign is not a Broken Bow policy but a corporate policy.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #447 on: March 22, 2015, 03:35:56 PM »

For you farmers This is they channel and Fontaelle dealer on 56th and Fremont in Lincoln. I work a couple blocks away and was a little surprised driving by and seeing it.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #448 on: March 22, 2015, 03:56:38 PM »
My guess is the reason an insurance company would insist on a no guns policy is that if there is a gun accident the one they insure would probably be liable if he did not have that policy but not liable if he did.  If on the other hand there is a crime committed on the property, even a mass murder, and it could be demonstrated that if customers had not been disarmed the crime would likely have been stopped (not an easy thing to establish), the property owner would still probably not be held liable for any damages for having disarmed the victims (even though he should be).  This is pure assumption on my part but it does make sense to me: insurance companies are known for being coldly pragmatic in regard to their bottom line; money matters to them, lives don't.

If my assumption is correct, a state law could be written that would change the situation.  For example, if a crime is committed against disarmed customers the property owner can be sued by the victims, or their survivors.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Mikee Loxxer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #449 on: April 04, 2015, 01:16:04 PM »
Please add Pizza Hut at 56th and South in Lincoln.

The complete address is:

5601 S 56th St, Lincoln, NE 68516

They are posted as prohibiting folks with concealed handguns from entering.

Offline dmm330

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #450 on: April 05, 2015, 05:10:14 PM »
So wife and kids wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse (Papillion) for Easter lunch today.  I remembered seeing it listed on the unfriendly business list.  I decided I will tempt fate (either disarm or just conceal carry - take a guess what I chose.. ;), ..) since it is the Easter weekend and headed there after church service.  I did not see any State sanctioned sign as required on the outside doors.  However on the inside doors, there was a sign "open carry prohibited in the premises" or something like that.  I did ask to talk to the manager after we were done with lunch and he did come out.  I asked him about the sign and he stated that as long as one has a CHP, they are more than welcome to conceal carry in there.  He stated that open carry is NOT permitted as they have had issues in the past.
My question is, should they still be listed on the unfriendly Business list, since they technically don't prohibit conceal carry in their premises?

Davis.
------------------------------------
Religiously clinging to my guns.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #451 on: April 05, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »
My question is, should they still be listed on the unfriendly Business list, since they technically don't prohibit conceal carry in their premises?

Do you consider being anti open carry as firearm friendly?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline dmm330

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #452 on: April 05, 2015, 08:42:15 PM »
Dan, I don't consider being anti open carry as firearm friendly.  The issue here and is the subject on this forum says "Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing".  Am I missing something?
------------------------------------
Religiously clinging to my guns.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #453 on: April 05, 2015, 10:00:19 PM »
^  You can thank the - Let's get 30+ people to Open Carry in an establishment, call ahead, notify the media and make a big deal out of it - Club for the No OC sign at the Papillion Texas Roadhouse.  (rant off)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #454 on: April 05, 2015, 10:24:26 PM »
I would consider the "NO OPEN CARRY" sign a victory, considering they could of put up a "NO GUN" sign.

I promised myself I wouldn't get involved with the OC vs CC debate, so that's all I got to say about that. :D
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #455 on: April 05, 2015, 10:27:18 PM »
Dan, I don't consider being anti open carry as firearm friendly.  The issue here and is the subject on this forum says "Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing".  Am I missing something?

While that may be true for this thread, it is not the subject of the NFOA Firearm Unfriendly Business list that Texas Roadhouse is listed in. I do not just keep the list for CCW, but for all gun owners, and that includes open carry.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #456 on: April 06, 2015, 06:18:37 AM »
Well... their name is Texas Roadhouse.   Open carry is still not legal in Texas...  :laugh:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline GreggL

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #457 on: April 06, 2015, 08:49:40 AM »

A st. Market 3308 A st. just recently posted a No Concealed Carry sign. The sign is new for them.
Government not being restrained by the Constitution as written is tyranny pure and simple.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #458 on: April 06, 2015, 08:54:48 AM »
A st. Market 3308 A st. just recently posted a No Concealed Carry sign. The sign is new for them.

What city is this in?

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #459 on: April 06, 2015, 10:01:56 AM »
Lincoln.