< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 77 Year Old Man Falls Out Of Plane  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
77 Year Old Man Falls Out Of Plane
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:41:57 PM »
At 2500 feet, a student pilot, age 77, falls out of his plane, when the lid pops open, and the student, does not have a seat belt on.

In an even more curious note, the 77 year old man, who owned the home built plane, (described as not put together very well) purchased the plane from an 82 year old, that died in an unrelated plane crash, recently.

Not an April fools joke.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2302613/Student-pilot-77-plummeted-2-500-feet-death-ejected-person-plane.html

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Re: 77 Year Old Man Falls Out Of Plane
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 01:33:03 PM »
The flight instructor will get sued because he didn't make sure HIS student was belted in and/or never taught the importance of always  having  your seat belt buckled when in a moving aircraft.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 01:47:38 PM »
The flight instructor will get sued because he didn't make sure HIS student was belted in and/or never taught the importance of always  having  your seat belt buckled when in a moving aircraft.
You can't stop stupid.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 02:31:30 PM »
A flight instructor, who I will not name, a retired state patrol officer, worked on a governor bodyguard detail, that once flew a twin engine, pressurized Cessna to Florida with his seatbelt dangling outside the plane.  Plane was beat pretty good by that whipping seatbelt hardware.  How the people in the plane did not hear that is a mystery to me. 

I flew 3 hours with that guy.  I bailed and found another instructor years before that happened.

Super nice guy to sit and drink coffee with. (on the ground)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:38:41 PM by Gary »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 09:40:03 AM »
You can't stop stupid.
But stupid often gets sued.   I'll wager that his fate in this case will be a big civil lawsuit asking for more money than the 77 year old made in his entire lifetime.