< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: If You Think Ammo Is Krazy High, How About An $80 6 Pack Of Light Bulbs?  (Read 851 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
$80 / 6 = $13.34 60watt led light bulb.

That's about par.

I've been slowly moving to LED bulbs when they're on sale.  The particular bulbs I last bought (40watt iirc) are more directional than regular incandescents but are fine for my use.  They'd be excellent in ceiling can lights.  Think I paid $5 or $7 each for them.

The bulbs I get a bit more blue than incandescents but I have no problems with blueish light at all.

They glow a bit after being turned off, kinda neat.  The 40w replacements run cooler than 40w inc's.

I think I have a 60w somewhere, and it claims to not want to be in an enclosed fixture... but it's doing just fine.

I like LED lights personally.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
The bulbs I get a bit more blue than incandescents but I have no problems with blueish light at all.
That comes in handy at my age because the vitreous humor yellows as one gets older and adding blue to the light makes colors and vision appear more normal.

I like LED lights personally.

So do I.  Another benefit is that the LEDs are *supposed* to last 100,000 hours.  Incandescents are rated at between 800 and 1500 hours, depending on the quality.  Unless something else that makes up that bulb has a shorter half life they could be included in your estate and willed to your children  and grandchildren. :D