< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Walmart on 72nd between Center and Pacific in Omaha: 5.56 and 45  (Read 2249 times)

Offline johnnyblack

• Forum Member
Someone please save me from myself...

I have gone there over lunch the lasat three out of four days, skipping yesterday.

Mon and Tue - bought 3 boxes (the limit) of 5.56...they had about 10 left Tuesday when I left.

I skipped a day.

Today:  they had MORE out on the shelf - approx 20 boxes, plus about 8-10 boxes of WWB 45.

Bought 2 5.56 and one 45 box.

Stop me for pete's sake - buy this ammunition! its not a good budget week.

$21 for 45 and 12.97 for 5.56...please.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Walmart on 72nd between Center and Pacific in Omaha: 5.56 and 45
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 02:39:02 PM »
Someone please save me from myself...

I have gone there over lunch the lasat three out of four days, skipping yesterday.

Mon and Tue - bought 3 boxes (the limit) of 5.56...they had about 10 left Tuesday when I left.

I skipped a day.

Today:  they had MORE out on the shelf - approx 20 boxes, plus about 8-10 boxes of WWB 45.

Bought 2 5.56 and one 45 box.

Stop me for pete's sake - buy this ammunition! its not a good budget week.

$21 for 45 and 12.97 for 5.56...please.

How many rounds per box?  Seems a bit pricey to me, even for these days.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline johnnyblack

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 02:59:14 PM »
How many rounds per box?  Seems a bit pricey to me, even for these days.

20/box 5.56...pricey for pre-sandy hook, yes. 

50 for the 45's - seems to be about what I was paying for as long as I can remember - and less in some cases.

If you have a source where either can be had cheaper (much less be had at all - save relaoding, which is not in my budget either) in the here and now I would honestly be stoked to know...

My concern is, unfortunately, that we are going to be continuing to get hit on ammunition more than one an AWB or high cap mag ban so my hopes for prices coming back down are slim in the near, or moderately far, future...it would be a lot easier for legislation to be passed restricting ammunition sales, imports and/or manufacturing or taxing it to high heaven - thus essentially eliminating the need to ban firearms and avoid any direct challenges that the 2A was being infringed upon. 

There is no 'right to bear ammunition' to my knowledge, lol...

Just though I would let the good folks on the board know where to go for the hardest - or second hardest - to find ammo these days...I still have yet to lay my eyes on 9mm on any shelves inthe last 5 months, excepting PD rounds.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 03:17:34 PM »
Not terrible prices by any means, I'm not up on the .45ACP prices.  Ammo in hand is better than no ammo, for sure.

I keep an eye on Gunbot: http://www.gunbot.net but by the time some halfway decent deal pops up, 10 million other people are on the website trying to order and the servers usually can't handle the traffic.   :(

Keep an eye out for the 100 round value-packs of Federal Brass .223, it's usually $34.97. (at WallyWorld)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline johnnyblack

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 03:28:11 PM »
Not terrible prices by any means, I'm not up on the .45ACP prices.  Ammo in hand is better than no ammo, for sure.

I keep an eye on Gunbot: http://www.gunbot.net but by the time some halfway decent deal pops up, 10 million other people are on the website trying to order and the servers usually can't handle the traffic.   :(

Keep an eye out for the 100 round value-packs of Federal Brass .223, it's usually $34.97. (at WallyWorld)

yep - I've had the same luck with 'ole gunbot...I have not had the opportunity to come across those 100 packs (I only jumped into needing 5.56/223 inthe last few months as I bought a mini14), but that is definitely a great price...will be looking for that!

another trick that has resulted in SOME decent prices it so use google to do an advanced search for "223 in stock" or "556 in stock" and request only results from the last 24 hours...got a couple half-decent deals that way...brings up all the forum posts from all around...

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 06:45:52 PM »
yep - I've had the same luck with 'ole gunbot...I have not had the opportunity to come across those 100 packs (I only jumped into needing 5.56/223 inthe last few months as I bought a mini14), but that is definitely a great price...will be looking for that!

another trick that has resulted in SOME decent prices it so use google to do an advanced search for "223 in stock" or "556 in stock" and request only results from the last 24 hours...got a couple half-decent deals that way...brings up all the forum posts from all around...

Great advice!

Offline birddogne

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 07:56:47 PM »
I was surprised when I stopped at the Wal-Mart in North Platte last week.  They had 500 round battle packs of Tulammo for $168 with tax.  About .32 cents around.  Had 9 boxes that came in and were gone by 8am.  I was able to pick up 1000 rounds.