< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: How many of us would this disarm?  (Read 638 times)

Offline DangerousDrummer

• Forum Member
How many of us would this disarm?
« on: April 06, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »
“Simply put, the UN believes guns don’t belong in the hands of the elderly,” said H. Michael Chase, an attorney for the human rights watchdog group.

“Pools of research show that a significant majority of gun-related suicides, accidental shootings, non-fatal negligent discharges are perpetrated by persons 55 and over,” Chase said.

“Along with the mentally ill, preventing those who are advancing in age from gaining easy access to firearms is a common sense way to save lives,” concluded Chase.

Dr. Michael Betti from the John Hopkins Center for Public Health Preparedness embraced the UN’s call to disarm senior citizens.

“Science tells us that we grow old,” said Dr. Betti, a neurologist who specializes in evaluating and treating patients with memory disorders. “And as we do, our reflexes diminish, our senses become impaired and our cognitive skills weaken … Therefore, as we enter our twilight years – clinically speaking, age 50 and above [Global life expectancy is only 67 years] – science tells us that we are in no shape to be handling or using a deadly weapon.”

In lieu of firearms, Dr. Betti suggests that seniors find other, non-violent and non-lethal options for self-defense.

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
Re: How many of us would this disarm?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »
 My guess is that Dr. Michael Betti is in excess of 55 and should consider retirement by his own observations.  That should also retire a lot of politicians who are obviously too dangerous to be making decisions.

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 04:50:29 PM »
Typical progressive UN BS.  Better take motor vehicles away from elderly also.  I'm sure a lot of internet/phone fraud could be cleared up if senior citizens were banned from managing their own finances.  Grandma helping with Christmas dinner?  Potential food poisoning there.  Why can't they just come out and say how much better everything would be if we euthanized the elderly?   

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 06:54:10 PM »
If the article that you talking about is what i think it is

This was Posted as a April Fools Joke and most who read it
Totaly missed the April Fools part At the end of it.

"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"