< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Attorneys specializing in CCW/ defencive shootings?  (Read 1413 times)

Offline LTCetme

• NFOA Full Member
Attorneys specializing in CCW/ defencive shootings?
« on: April 08, 2013, 10:32:51 PM »
No, I have no need for one at the moment which makes now the perfect time to find one. I have fortunately never needed the services of an attorney in the past for any reason and I don't really know where to start. I pray every night that I will never have to draw my weapon however I would like to have a name and number to call in the event that I am ever involved in a defensive shooting. The old line "I won't make a statement without my lawyer present" only works if you have an attorney to call.

I live in the Omaha area. Any qualified defense attorneys out there that specialize in this thing? I would prefer someone with a strong successful track record in defensive shooting vindications. Whats it take to have these guys available in advance? Do arrangements need to be made in advance or is having a business card enough?

Any advice you may have is appreciated. I Pray to God I will never need it.

LTC

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: Attorneys specializing in CCW/ defencive shootings?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:04:01 PM »
Your post makes me want to feed my new permit to my Maltese boys, and throw my guns in the river.

I am afraid of hornet nets when I mow, afraid of gravel when I ride my motorcycles, and afraid of lawyers all the time. 

I think the main number of NRA could direct your call to an office where they could recommend a local attorney willing to take a retainer.  877 NRA 2000

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 06:35:33 AM »
As I have MANY times on this forum....Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network (one of our sponsors).   There are two network attorneys in Nebraska.  Doubt the NRA is going to be able to help you.  For what its worth only mobsters keep an attorney on retainer  :)

http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.net/home

Offline LTCetme

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 10:48:08 PM »
I realize that people have a sour taste for those in the legal profession. Generally I share your feelings. The fact remains however that if you are involved in a shooting you will need one regardless of your feelings. One misspoken word or belligerent comment to the investigators and you could find yourself doing time in the big house. Legal council could save you that trouble.

The world is out to screw/kill you . There are bad guys with guns that want to kill you and yours and we prepare and train to deal with them but you should never forget that there are just as many prosecutors and police officers who would love to lock you up for a long time.

Thanks for the link to the armed citizens defense network. I will give it a look over.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 11:08:13 PM »
As I have MANY times on this forum....Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network (one of our sponsors).   There are two network attorneys in Nebraska.  Doubt the NRA is going to be able to help you.  For what its worth only mobsters keep an attorney on retainer  :)

http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.net/home

In addition to doing the leg work of finding you an attorney, you get several DVDs from ACLDN... A couple from Masaad.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 09:29:39 PM »
NRA will not help you in a defensive shooting.

ACLDN is the way to go.

I would be suspect of a certain "Concealed Carry Magazine" offering "insurance" for this type of situation....... OK, I am suspect of anything that magazine guy offers for sale