< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Many of us know him.....  (Read 3675 times)

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Many of us know him.....
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 07:37:13 PM »
He should have known it was a sting.  What felon offers up their convicted status as way to show "Hey, I"m an honest trustworthy kind of guy"?  Just like article said, felons will have "their buddy" make the purchase then do a private deal afterwards. 

Offline Poor Man

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 07:55:43 PM »
Grey Geek :  With regard to your # 18 post on this topic : I'm a Christian also.   Read Romans 13 - 1 thru 5 and offer how you reconcile this passage with today's operation of the law. ;)
Most folks who get lost in thought are
stumbling around in unfamiliar territory

Law is not necessarily Justice: nor is Justice necessarily Legal

NRA Life Member; CCRKBA Life Member;Charter Member - Second Amendment Task Force. Member of Gun Owners of America. and, National
Ass'n for Gun Right

Offline Gumby

• Powder Benefactor
  • Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselves!
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 12:18:08 AM »
Concerned citizen reports a pistol purchase and provides a plethora of details, but won't identify himself?  Mr. Anon is either (1) a scumbag who would never bother to report this in the first place or (2) a good guy like a NFOA member who would gladly identify himself and be willing to testify or (3) someone with a grudge against this family.  Nice to know all it takes for #3 to launch a 10-month Fed investigation is to make a pay-phone call from, say, the back lobby of the Cornhusker Hotel.

So then they bring in an ex-scumbag to score a 10/22!  That will show the seller he's dealing with a well-intentioned buyer... after all, what would a criminal, sociopath or terrorist do with "that little thing?"  They follow-up with a defensive shotgun purchase just to continue to make the buyer seem harmless as far as a threat to society.  Then they are rebuffed at the AK purchase and bring in the "legitimate" associate to complete the transaction.  Then toss in the purchase of the ammo (.223) before the gun (AR15) to add to the months of confusion (see bullit above) and finish with the wicked AK with Folding Stock piece de resistance!

I don't know the Gerbig family, but I sure have a dislike for "stings" in general... doubt I'll end up on this jury.