< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFM will be CCW Friendly in a few months.  (Read 3359 times)

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: NFM will be CCW Friendly in a few months.
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 08:15:35 PM »
Free publicity for the NFM and their new Texas store, where I'm sure this all stems from.
As Bullit will attest to, if they put up the 30-06 Signs on the doors at their new Texas store, they would no doubt be boycotted by the gun owners in Texas... they're kind of a rowdy bunch.   

And FarmerRick wins the "No Spin" contest.....  It was only 2 weeks ago while home seeing my parents I mentioned to my dad while we were passing by their new store, how it would be interesting to see how NFM was going to continue their NO CCW policy in Texas.  Maybe Mrs. B heard me from the grave..... "Don't Mess with Texas"

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 08:58:43 PM »
The report said that store personnel would ask to see a permit if they thought you are carrying.  Is this legal, isn't this an illegal search?
I can't fathom why the would do that if they made the decision to allow CCW in the store.  Obviously you don't need to comply.  If the store isn't posted as no CCW, then I'm not sure they can even ask you to leave if you refuse to show them a permit.  They aren't LE.  What can they do if you say you don't have one?   They can't search you and if your weapon is concealed then there is no reason it should ever be an issue.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 08:20:57 AM »
Legal or illegal....the whole concept of "if we see someone carrying concealed we are going to ask to see their permit" (my paraphrase) is OXYMORONIC in its very foundation.  The words chosen by the NFM spokesman display an ilLOGICal grasp of reality and poor choice of words.  If ones sees a "concealed HG" LOGICally it is no longer concealed and in Nebraska and Kansas where they have stores is NOT against the law i.e. no state law forbidding OC (OC IS against the law in TX).  That being said, really all they could do or have the right to do (and I support their right to such as a private business owner) is ask you to leave.
My finals thoughts....someone with a CHP should have some minimal intelligence to STAY CONCEALED.  I would be reluctant as a hired security guard for NFM to approach someone who becomes "unconcealed".  My intuition would lead me to become more suspicious of a BG or at least someone who may become beligerant when I request to see their CHP.  All and all ....not a lot of LOGIC used in the company policy if written as the article indicates.

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 08:39:10 AM »
Legal or illegal....the whole concept of "if we see someone carrying concealed we are going to ask to see their permit" (my paraphrase) is OXYMORONIC in its very foundation.  The words chosen by the NFM spokesman display an ilLOGICal grasp of reality and poor choice of words.  If ones sees a "concealed HG" LOGICally it is no longer concealed and in Nebraska and Kansas where they have stores is NOT against the law i.e. no state law forbidding OC (OC IS against the law in TX).  That being said, really all they could do or have the right to do (and I support their right to such as a private business owner) is ask you to leave.
My finals thoughts....someone with a CHP should have some minimal intelligence to STAY CONCEALED.  I would be reluctant as a hired security guard for NFM to approach someone who becomes "unconcealed".  My intuition would lead me to become more suspicious of a BG or at least someone who may become beligerant when I request to see their CHP.  All and all ....not a lot of LOGIC used in the company policy if written as the article indicates.
I think you are right on the money.  As I think about this more and more, I think there are some serious errors in the reporting or at least those speaking on behalf of NFM.    After listening to the spokesman on the radio yesterday, I don't think the guy was all that prepared to discuss the issue, and I suspect the same may have been true regarding info passed to the press.   Bottom line is that they are going to allow CCW, the rest is just noise.

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 11:53:42 AM »

+1 I agree completely with your statement.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 12:12:59 PM »
You're assuming their mall cops care where you purchase anything.

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 08:37:08 AM »
I stated in another thread that I was in there yesterday. Went in the west entrance and the signs had already come down.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA