< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFM will be CCW Friendly in a few months.  (Read 3358 times)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: NFM will be CCW Friendly in a few months.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 10:36:05 PM »
Somebody finally gets it. 

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline johnnyblack

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 10:45:40 PM »
Great story...about time.  Refreshing to see major retailer reversing their stance despite th e politically correct version of ccw viewpoints these days.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 10:49:40 PM »
Yay!!!! I'm more excited to shop there now.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 12:23:13 AM »
With their deep pockets, I am surprised they don't try to compete with big sporting goods stores, and sell gun and hunting equipment.

Glad to see them allowing CHP in NFM

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 04:11:48 AM »
Also, why wait for their six paid employees to complete firearms training, before allowing the general puplic to CC? 

Would seem better to me, to allow CC asap without the media announcment.   

Why announce six armed undercover employees?  Seems foolish to publish store security procedures on the tv news. 

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 06:59:34 AM »
We always preach about the foolishness of a gun free zones. Perhaps this serves in the opposite? Now it's a "you might get your ass shot" zone.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 07:05:15 AM »
Also, why wait for their six paid employees to complete firearms training, before allowing the general puplic to CC? 

Would seem better to me, to allow CC asap without the media announcment.   

Why announce six armed undercover employees?  Seems foolish to publish store security procedures on the tv news.

Free publicity for the NFM and their new Texas store, where I'm sure this all stems from.
As Bullit will attest to, if they put up the 30-06 Signs on the doors at their new Texas store, they would no doubt be boycotted by the gun owners in Texas... they're kind of a rowdy bunch.   ;)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 07:51:39 AM »
We always preach about the foolishness of a gun free zones. Perhaps this serves in the opposite? Now it's a "you might get your ass shot" zone.

This was what I was going to say.

Why not let everyone know that you are going to have a fight if you try and shoot up a NFM?  Stops the act before it even starts. 

Kinda like the thought perps would have if they knew the person they were about to mug actually had a gun, they would pick someone else to mug.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 08:41:42 AM »
Free publicity for the NFM and their new Texas store, where I'm sure this all stems from.
As Bullit will attest to, if they put up the 30-06 Signs on the doors at their new Texas store, they would no doubt be boycotted by the gun owners in Texas... they're kind of a rowdy bunch.   ;)
Probably alot more truth to that, Rick, than you think.

Now I may shop there again. 
True Story;  We walked into Mrs. B's last summer (hadn't be there for a long time) price shopping.  I went ahead, disarmed and went into check out prices.  As we left the boy asked if we were gonna come back and get the mattresses. I said I would never buy anything from this store and that we would look in Lincoln.  When they asked why, I just turned and nodded at the front doors.  Daughter just smirked, " Oh, that's why. ;) "  Nothing more needed said.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 09:30:30 AM »
I heard an interview on KFAB this morning about this.  What struck my more than anything was how the NFM guy danced around the issue and focused more on the training of the employees and how they take the "security of their customers seriously."  The guy seemed to be avoiding addressing the fact that customers would now be allowed to carry concealed firearms.  He droned on about their own security guys and the "need for consistency" in their stores.  It was almost like the guy was embarrassed to admit they had changed their policy.

I'm glad for the change, but it was an odd radio segment to listen to.  The host asked him specifically about the change in policy to allow CCW and he talked about everything but that.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 09:35:22 AM »
The host asked him specifically about the change in policy to allow CCW and he talked about everything but that.

Probably doesn't want to tick-off our Dear Leader's buddy Warren...   :laugh:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 10:20:24 AM »

The article says security will be trained by June and also says "Plans call for the "no weapons allowed" signs to be scraped off by April 15th".

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 10:39:20 AM »
Happy Tax Day!  Take your tax refund check to the Mart.  ;D

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 11:54:41 AM »
Happy Tax Day!  Take your tax refund check to the Mart.  ;D

Refund?  What's that?   :(

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 12:55:47 PM »
Refund?  What's that?   :(

It's when you loan the government money and they actually give it back ... albeit without interest.

Offline brandingman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 06:10:42 PM »
The report said that store personnel would ask to see a permit if they thought you are carrying.  Is this legal, isn't this an illegal search?

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 07:15:32 PM »
The report said that store personnel would ask to see a permit if they thought you are carrying.  Is this legal, isn't this an illegal search?

We have to show our CHP to a LEO, but not to rent a cops.   They can ask a person to leave, and an alternative might be, the customer voluntarily showing their CHP to show they have the weapon by state design.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 07:16:24 PM »
I wondered the same thing. Will these security guards be actual LEOs?

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 07:34:57 PM »

At that point simply smile and say "No worries, I'm leaving. I just wanted a baseline price for your competitor to match when I buy from them."  :kiss: